Wheel repair in Chicago land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel repair in Chicago land

I just got soem bad curb rash on my new OZs anyone has any recommendation for alloy whel repair in the Chicagoland area? Please post ASAP, I can't seem to find any in the western suburbs.

Call Discount Tire in Naperville on Ogden Avenue and ask for Donnie. He may be able to steer you into the right direction.

Comment

Wheels America in Elk Grove.
      There's also Trans Wheel (they are in Libertyville).

There are two other places that I cannot recall at this moment, but I have posted about them on the UMW forum at S2Ki. Let me search for them and I'll post back here with contact info.

Comment

Oh yeah, depending on how bad the rash is (and is on your OEM wheels), it can be fixed in the garage with varying grit sandpaper, and a can of wheel match spray paint and clear coat (made by Dupli-color).

If you need a hand, I've "un-rashed" three OEM 16" S2000 wheels locally and can give you hand with yours.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have the new OZ Ultraleggra 18" wheels. I got a slight gouge on the lip of the wheel, I like to restore it back if I can. It's about 2 inches along the lip and a slight chuck of the lip was taken off. What do you think, can that be restored.

Comment

Just got hold of a company called acuurate wheels and they do Mobile repair, mwaning they come to you and they typical charge is $75.00 i will let everyone know how it turns out.

Comment

Hey, thanks. A follow-up report will be appreciated. I've got some work to be done on two sets of wheels.

Comment

I will take pictures of before and after the repair on the wheel. I will also rate their overall service for everyone. They serve all of Dupage county and is based out of Naperville.

Comment

Originally posted by racezx9
                  I will take pictures of before and after the repair on the wheel. I will also rate their overall service for everyone. They serve all of Dupage county and is based out of Naperville.
                  That's more than generous of you. Thanks.

Comment

Here's the assesment fo the wheel repair that I had with Accurate alloy wheel repair i had just this past Monday.

The service is a Mobile repair service, which means that they show up at your office or home to do the repair at the appointed time. In this case he was pretty prompt and showed up about 15 minutes past the appointment time. He had the whole work shop in a trailer towed behind his Truck. He assesed the wheel and told me it would be about 75 dollars and proceeded to work. The entire repair took about 45 minutes and when he put the wheel back on my car I could not tell where the repair was done. The service was excellent and the cost was nominal compare to other shop and teh fact that he comes to me was a huge plus. He told me he had 3 rigs and they did 500 wheels last month. They only cover Dupage county and if any one needs it I can provide his number. I have pictures that I will post later.

Comment

Pictures wood be good. I'll be in your neighborhood in early August; maybe he could fix my rear that got screwed up on the way back from WWT.

Does he unmount/mount & balance tires, too? Or do you have to take just the rim to him?

And don't forget to post a phone number or other contact information.
                      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                      Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

If the tire need to be off the rim, he uasally just break the front bead and leave the back intact as to not screw up the balance. I believe he can unmount and remount the tire if needed.
                        His name is John and the phone number is :630-927-5336.

My home PC is disconnected right now and the pi cture are on that PC, having construction done at home, hopefully I will have that PC up and running later this week.

Comment

Working...
                        X