Window Tinting in Chicago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting in Chicago?

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on places for window tinting around the Northwest Suburbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to look at a tint film called Huper Optik. I recently put this on my new car and I really like it. I got the "Stark 30" (35%) because that's my last name Seriously though, that's the film I got and it seems to be a shade darker than regular film at 35% and it really cuts the heat down. The installer I had made a four sided demo box that had a heat lamp in it, and the Huper film barely transmitted heat. It has ceramic in the film instead of metals. Read more about it here: http://www.huperoptik.com/product_range.html

Comment

If you are only doing the rear window, I'm sure that M.R. and I can get it done in my driveway in about 60 minutes to cut it, smooth it and let it pre-dry. Total cost is under $5. Think about it.

Comment

I'm actually looking to do my Si. I want to do a dark tint on the back and a light tint to the front.

I have no need to tint the S2000 windows. Doesn't matter if you have a tint or not if the tops down. If I'm driving the S2000 then the tops down unless it starts raining.

Comment

So, do you think that the next time I'll look at the signature and be a little more intelligent about answering? Duh.

Sorry, can't help there.

Comment

rstark--I looked at the site for Huper Optik, but for some reason it wouldn't load for me very well. I can' tell if this is a buy the film and do-it-yourself project or not. I really don't want to have to do it myself seeing as I have never done it myself and don't know anything about it. My own cars are not the time to get daring.

Comment

S2KGirl, I don't think it's a do it yourself film. Call around with your local tint shops to see if they have it. It's a new film on the market.

Comment

Re: Window Tinting in Chicago?

Originally posted by S2KGirl
                I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on places for window tinting around the Northwest Suburbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                any SHOP recommendations ??

Prefer north shore or northwest burbs.

Thanks -- Manuel

Comment

Working...
                X