Homecoming 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homecoming 2020

Just put in a request to be included ...... https://www.s2ki.com/forums/californ...40%40-1199654/

It would be nice to have some other Ohio drivers meet up for a mini caravan out.

From 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Post pics from the event. Wish I could go.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
      Wish I could go.
      It is scheduled the weekend of September 12. It's only 2336 miles from Bellaire, MI, to the 85C Bakery in Irvine, CA (the meet up spot from where you would caravan another 35 miles to American Honda HQ in Torrance). Google says it's only 34 hours to drive it.

You can't make that drive, Jim? (kidding!)

This is likely the second largest gathering of S2000s in the US. The largest is a loosely organized free gathering (meaning people just converge and there is no booked venue or schedule of events) called the Beach cruise in SoCal. It's an interesting spectacle.

It's a different kind of event from S2KDays though. Both have their pluses.
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
      -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
      -Randy Pausch

Comment

We will plan to attend S2K Days and combine family visits in Michigan before and following the S2KCA car event.

Comment

Honda Homecoming 2020 (aka The "Flagship" Event) has been canceled.

Not that this is a big surprise, but the organizers of Honda Homecoming 2020 --the "Flagship" event-- which was previously scheduled to be held September 12, 2020, at American Honda HQ in Torrance, CA, have announced that the event has been postponed to 2021.

Rumors abound of who decided to pull the plug (Honda? seeing as they have the biggest liability as the hosting venue), but the short of it is the organizers have announced it was decided there was no way to safely hold the event and include all of the scheduled activities and amenities in a manner commensurate with attendees' expectations based on what was promised. And even if they could, since an event is only as good as those who can attend, it seemed an insurmountable issue to know that many attendees could not safely make the journey to participate.

So they have announced they are postponing to September 2021.

Please note that the Honda Homecoming 2020 event is in no way affiliated with S2KCA, or, so far as I know, any members of S2KCA.
          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
          -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
          -Randy Pausch

Comment

Working...
          X