Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Owners in Central Ohio (Columbus area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owners in Central Ohio (Columbus area)

Just checking in to say hi. My wife and I are relatively new owners of a 2006 Certified Pre-Owned S2K. The car only had 5,300 miles on it when we got it from the dealership in October. As our toy car, it is replacing a Factory Five Racing Cobra Replica that I built from a kit and recently sold.

Looking forward to warmer weather again in the spring so we can enjoy some drop top fun!

Thanks,
    Scott

Looks great! Welcome to the friendliness car club around.

Comment

Welcome to our / your club !!!

....and that is....Black !!
      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Welcome from America's North Coast
        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Welcome. You've found one of the greatest group of people here. (they paid me to say that ).
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
          In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Congrats and welcome!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Welcome to the site.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

We also bought our 2005 S2000 in October. Took the trip up to Cincinnati from Louisville and drove home with the car. Great taste in color!

Comment

Welcome to the club Scott.

Obviously great choice in colors.....since we ALL know that black is the fastest .

If you have questions please post them up I am sure we can help.

Kevin

Comment

Comment

Welcome! Very sharp ride! Hopefully the previous owner broke the car in properly, because they certainly didn't do much driving after the break-in period!

Drop by the Ohio Kentucky Indiana forum when you can. They're very active and we'd love to have you and your wife out for an event come April or so.

I'm in the Columbus area, myself. Let me know if I can help you with anything. Congrats again.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
                          Welcome. You've found one of the greatest group of people here. (they paid me to say that ).
                          Haha this is true (OKI) some of the nicest, coolest and most helpful people I have ever met
                          welcome!!

Comment

Thanks for all the nice welcomes guys! My wife was jealous of my "fun" car and traded her 2011 CR-V in on the S2K, but quickly realized it is not a winter car so we got her an older TDI Beetle for daily driving.

I've now sold my Cobra Replica (I built and painted this car myself) and look forward to having a "fun" car that we can both drive, and enjoy the company of other S2K owners.

Here was my Cobra this past summer (just sold it last week):

I forgot to add that I am an Engineer at the Honda R&D center in Ohio (near the auto plants) and our S2K is one of many at work. I know there are at least a 1/2 dozen S2K's (many also modded with turbos etc) that other R&D guys drive everyday. Some of these pictures are from our Associate Car Show last summer.

Hope to catch up with you all in the spring for a GTG and drive!

Happy Holidays,
                            Scott

Comment

Come April...we will be going to one of the "Biggest" events of the year....Join us @ the Wake the Dragon event !!! You will have the time of your life !!!
                              MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Nice, my friend is a mold engineer at the Honda plant in Marysville. He's looking at a 2012 Civic Si, but I've been trying to convince him to sit behind an S2000. He's not a keen driver, though, so perhaps it's too hardcore. Not a problem for you, though, our ex-Cobra builder turned S2k enthusiast!

Comment

Welcome, sorry I'm so late with this but I just bought my 3rd S2000

Comment

Grats, Popeye!

Comment

Hello all! I'm Josh, live in Columbus. Bought my second S2000, a 2008 Laguna Blue Pearl, 2 months ago from a dealership in Columbus. Had been looking for the right one for over a year and one popped up just a few miles away from my house! Anyway, I just sent in my membership dues for S2KCA and am incredibly excited to get involved in drives and meetups with people who share my passion for this car. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
                                        Welcome, sorry I'm so late with this but I just bought my 3rd S2000
                                        See you at the Dragon in April.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Working...
                                        X