Gaspe or bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaspe or bust

Took our S2000 on one of her last long trips to our Province of Quebec. Gaspe is on the Eastern part of the province on the Gulf of St Lawrence. The attached picture is just West of Quebec City on the South shore.
    My days in an S are numbered as I have some pre-cancer on my arms and have to load up on the SPF60 and I want reduce our fleet to two daily drivers. I do love the top down driving and the small size of the car and finding a replacement will be a challenge given my particular wants.

The "stoned" folks in this image seemed very interested in my S2000 at Ste Flavie Quebec.

Comment

Looks like you've got great weather to enjoy the waterfront!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Wish I was in a position right now to take her off of your hands. I know she has been well loved by you two! Enjoy that trip - and like Rocket-honey said - enjoy the weather and the drive!!!
        This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Enjoy the drive, wish I was in tow.
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

We are heading that way this summer as well
            sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Hope you both have a great trip! Looking forward to seeing you again in Texas.
              sigpic

Comment

This horny cow seemed very interested in the S2000. They sure grow them big in these parts. The deluge of recent rains was responsible for the many water falls alongside the road. So pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                  This horny cow
                  Must be a Canadian cow, eh?

sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Took our S2000 on one of her last long trips to our Province of Quebec. Gaspe is on the Eastern part of the province on the Gulf of St Lawrence. The attached picture is just West of Quebec City on the South shore.
                    My days in an S are numbered as I have some pre-cancer on my arms and have to load up on the SPF60 and I want reduce our fleet to two daily drivers. I do love the top down driving and the small size of the car and finding a replacement will be a challenge given my particular wants.
                    Sorry to hear about this, Bob. I'm sure you have thought of long sleeves?

My "S" days are coming to a close also..I haven't even taken mine out of storage. It may stay there all summer.

griff
                    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah I wore sleeves and a cap yesterday and burned my ears. The weather here is unpredictable, cold when you get into the car then the sun comes out. When you put on sun screen the clouds come and it rains. . . . . .

Comment

Just for a change we pulled into a harbour (ok harbor) and took a picture of the car in front of some boats. These fishermen are odd folk.
                        They called one boat Trident II. Why you would name a boat after chewing gum beats me.
                        Another boat was named Brine Stormer. I don't get the relation to aerial aerobatics, and he certainly can't spell Barn.

Comment

I'm loving your running story of your S2000s last Gaspe trip. Looking forward to seeing you in Texas. I hope you can hit a few BBQ joints on the trip to Fredericksburg.
                          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Just for a change we pulled into a harbour (ok harbor) and took a picture of the car in front of some boats. These fishermen are odd folk.
                            They called one boat Trident II. Why you would name a boat after chewing gum beats me.
                            Another boat was named Brine Stormer. I don't get the relation to aerial aerobatics, and he certainly can't spell Barn.
                            Oh you two. I really am going to miss you this year. Dang. Take lots and lots of pictures since I won't be there to do it!
                            This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Enjoying the story also! Thank you for sharing it.

Maybe a hard top for the S2000 is in your future? I have taken to wearing long sleeves a lot now too. And wide brimmed visors.
                              -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                              The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

The only problem with telling people to live by the Golden Rule is that it fails to take into account the existence of Masochists.

Today I learned: The Golden Rule is a maxim which is found in almost every religion and culture in the world. For instance, in Christian sects, it is attributed to Matthew (7:12). In fact, 143 leaders of the world's major faiths endorsed the Golden Rule as part of the 1993 "Declaration Toward a Global Ethic." Essentially no religion misses it entirely, and a belief in God is not necessary to endorse it. So technically, it's not even really a religious thing at all.

Comment

Today has us returning towards home by way of the Baie des Chaleurs or the bay of warmth. It was named in 1534 by Jaques Cartier when he arrived in a July heat wave. No heat wave or top down today.
                                It runs between the Gaspe peninsula and New Brunswick so we saw the shores of New Brunswick.

This area is also known for its covered bridges. We saw three of these old bridges, two white ones that needed work and one red one I drove through.

Another highlight was the ferry crossing at Riviere du Loup which took us from the South side to St Simeon on the North side of the St Lawrence. At nearly $85 it's not a cheap crossing. This area of Quebec has a lot of Swiss influence, likely due to the Laurentian mountains that run so close to the St Lawrence river. The countryside is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post
                                  We are heading that way this summer as well
                                  You know, last weekend when we drove East of Montreal it seemed that nearly every third car was a Miata. There are so many of those things out here. Many Mitsubishi drop tops as well. Not too many Corvettes or convertible Mustangs. Wonder if that is an indication of the humble roots of the region or the size of their parking spaces.

If you like I'll e-mail you Rachel's notes.

Comment

You know, last weekend when we drove East of Montreal it seemed that nearly every third car was a Miata. There are so many of those things out here. Many Mitsubishi drop tops as well. Not too many Corvettes or convertible Mustangs. Wonder if that is an indication of the humble roots of the region or the size of their parking spaces.

If you like I'll e-mail you Rachel's notes.
                                    Yes please Last time we were down that way saw a few S2000's but not many other droptops
                                    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

No S2000 pictures today. We spent the day driving through Quebec City and Montreal towards the Fairmont Montibello, a beautiful hotel between Ottawa and Montreal on the Ottawa River. The hotel is very similar to the Yellowstone Lodge. A huge log structure built over three months in 1930. It was a private club until being purchased by CN Rail in the mid 70's and used as a destination hotel. Well worth the stop.

Comment

Magnificent place! You two have had a great trip!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                        X