Gaspe or bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
    No S2000 pictures today. We spent the day driving through Quebec City and Montreal towards the Fairmont Montibello, a beautiful hotel between Ottawa and Montreal on the Ottawa River. The hotel is very similar to the Yellowstone Lodge. A huge log structure built over three months in 1930. It was a private club until being purchased by CN Rail in the mid 70's and used as a destination hotel. Well worth the stop.
    As I was raised a few miles away from there I have been known to frequent the establishment from time to time I have to agree it is beautiful and well worth a stay if you are in the area
    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

We went off course by a few miles on our way to Val D'or Quebec to find another covered bridge. Of course I had to do the covered bridge VTEC thing. The local farmers must have thought I was racing.

Comment

GLORIOUS! Funny thing - although Jason will have to correct me now because I cannot remember which way it was.... We had horses that lived by our old house in Plymouth, and when he would drive by them he would rev up both the S and his motorcycle. One they would completely ignore, the other one would get their attention... Hmmmm.
        This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Sorry state of housing in Northern Ontario and big critters.

Comment

I so want one of those in my yard!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Sudbury area? Did you drive the 417?
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------
              Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

When did you park in front of my House picture #1

Ken Highway 417 is not in Northern Ontario
                sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post

When did you park in front of my House picture #1

Ken Highway 417 is not in Northern Ontario
                  I know, just wanted to know if you got down to around Toronto. Hwy 17 is definitely upper Ontario. Used to drive to Sudbury, North Bay, and Kapuskasing at least twice and sometimes more a year. Also used to hang out in Muskoka region. I have a lot of friends in that area.
                  Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

It was sometime yesterday that we pulled off the highway and parked in front of the old broken down house. In hind sight the barbed wire fence could have been hiding in the grass and given me some tire troubles. Got lucky.

Ken, we drove pretty much all of 117 from Montreal area to Rouyn-Noranda then 101 through Matheson and Kapuskasing. 101 turns into 11 through Nipigon on into Thunder Bay. We purposely avoided the GTA and the dense traffic. I quite enjoyed the drive through the woods. Saw a Mom Moose and her two calves thinking about crossing the highway. She turned tail when we pulled to a stop.

Tonight we arrived in Thunder Bay a port city on Lake Superior a few hours North of Duluth MN. That few hour drive is well worth the experience and we've done it a couple of times. We dropped in to see Kakabeka Falls which in my opinion is the second greatest water fall in Canada. The recent rains have made it truly great.

Comment

Nice waterfall and horny cow!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

. We dropped in to see Kakabeka Falls which in my opinion is the second greatest water fall in Canada. The recent rains have made it truly great.
                        [/QUOTE]

That's more water at Kakabeka Falls than we ever saw in the 4 Years we lived in Thunder Bay
                        sigpic

Comment

. We dropped in to see Kakabeka Falls which in my opinion is the second greatest water fall in Canada. The recent rains have made it truly great.

That's more water at Kakabeka Falls than we ever saw in the 4 Years we lived in Thunder Bay
                          Why in the world would you ever want to live in Thunder Bay?

Comment

To further my Aviation career Besides I like -40C/-40F winter temps
                            sigpic

Comment

To further my Aviation career Besides I like -40C/-40F winter temps
                              Wouldn't Chatham (either one) been easier? Or Ottawa, or ....?

Comment

In Aviation like some "Government " Jobs you have to go where the action is
                                sigpic

Comment

In Aviation like some "Government " Jobs you have to go where the action is
                                  I'm way too familiar with that requirement.

Comment

Great pictures and commentary, Rob. Looking forward to seeing you and Rachel in less than a month.
                                    S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

Rose Mary
                                    Casselton, ND

Comment

Yes indeed! Just enough time to get the S2000 washed waxed and ready for another road trip.

If memory serves me correctly this last road trip image is above Ignace Ontario where they clear cut a hillside to install some utility. They made a road up to it and called it an overlook.

Comment

Working...
                                      X