Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Lights! Or is it Northen Rain/Snow/Fog/Floods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Lights! Or is it Northen Rain/Snow/Fog/Floods?

How is everyone? Hopefully everybody is DRY. It's always an adventure around here this time of year. Here in Richfield, MN we have had record rain, then snow, now rain again. I currently have a sheet of ice about an inch thick on my garage floor, but the ice dam on my roof seems to have melted due to the unprecedented amount of rain received over the last week. The dog is highly unamused with the sudden arrival of the cement like snow in the back yard, however.

Dreaming of real spring!

This group has always been fluid. We include Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Canada, parts of Michigan and Wisconsin. Hell, we will take anyone! I'm just welcoming like that. Who can we count as our members? Sounds like an odd question, I admit. I'm just looking to see who is still active here.

What would you all like to do when the weather gets better? I'm looking at possibly setting something up in Brainerd or up in the Cross Lake area.
    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

It will be a while before we get rid of our show out here in North Dakota where I have a 6 foot+ snow bank around my mailbox and we didn't even get the 6-10 inches of snow during the second blizzard of the week that passed through Wednesday/Thursday. I have given up on clearing one part of our sidewalk until spring melts some of the snow. We are hoping that the thaw is not too rapid though, because we don't want any more flooding over by the rivers than necessary. They are calling for pretty significant flooding this spring and it is already occurring down in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota. I even posted a sign at the edge of my driveway stating "Sidewalk closed because of excessive snow. Reopening date TBD". I figured that if they can close Beartooth Pass, I can close my sidewalk.

IT would be fun to get together over near Brainerd, but I am not sure how our schedule will be this spring/summer with the family events and other travel we have on the calendar.
    S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

Rose Mary
    Casselton, ND

Comment

Well, I think at one point they had the whole state shut down, so there is that.

I'm checking in to see if they have that driving day again. I had a guy stop by a few weeks ago who was trying to sell me a furnace, and he was talking about taking a driving course up there in an M5, and said it was a blast. Thought it might be fun to get all of us out there. Blow the rust off of the knuckles.

Who is still around? Hello? Hello?
      This Too Shall Pass

Comment

I'm still around, and yes we WILL get all of that flood water Rose Mary was speaking about in Fargo. I'll have to dig out my chest waders.

Comment

There are more of my favorite people! You know Bob, I learned the entire Canadian National Anthem for Rachel! That, and we sing it an awful lot here in MN (Canadian IS our second language after all...). I need to brush up a little though. Hhhhmmmmm. Need to put it back on the iTunes play list.

WCCO Channel 4 is doing a news story on "Is this the worst year for potholes?" and they asked where the worst of the worst are. The responses coming in are various roads, but the best one is, "Everywhere, Heather. EVERYWHERE." I think the possible new conditions for spring release on the car will now need to be when those babies are patched with permanent patch. Not this temporary crap that pops out and sticks to the car. Ugh. Awful stuff!
          This Too Shall Pass

Comment

Working...
          X