Planning on a 2021 Late Summer/Autumn Wisconsin Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning on a 2021 Late Summer/Autumn Wisconsin Rally

Our upper Midwest owners need to get out and have some fun together! How about something next Summer/Autumn in Wisconsin?

I've mentioned the Wisconsin Dells before (yes, it's pricey, but one of the most beautiful locations up that way), or any another great location that way. We could pull from the Plains area, the lower Midwest (OKI, Louisville, etc), to make this a mini-super meet, to dovetail with S2KDays 2020/21 in late May.

I know Roseanne Murphy is doing a meet in the Black Hills in mid-September, so we should be able to make an event work around her date (19-23 Sep, 2021)

Looking for anyone in Chicago/Wisconsin/Minnesota to help with logistics and location ideas.

That would be fantastic. Northern Lights Chapter is all in! There are some other fantastic locations up this way. Let's collaborate.

And I believe it is Jason who is putting together the Black Hills 2021 Rally.
    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by lacochino View Post
      That would be fantastic. Northern Lights Chapter is all in! There are some other fantastic locations up this way. Let's collaborate.
      If you have any suggestions, I can coordinate lodging arrangements and start setting up group drives.

Comment

That sounds fun for folks closer by. Yet if we make it Michigan for S2KDays (with positive thoughts that it will happen), I don't think that we could invest the time to make a second trip out there just a few months later. But for folks who don't have to drive as far, that sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
          That sounds fun for folks closer by. Yet if we make it Michigan for S2KDays (with positive thoughts that it will happen), I don't think that we could invest the time to make a second trip out there just a few months later. But for folks who don't have to drive as far, that sounds good.
          Understood. When I did the trip to S2KDays in SoCal, I made it a 3 week trip and went up to Seattle and camped down the 101. It's a memory I'll never forget. i still look a the pics and video I shot.

I'm fairly certain we'll have S2KDays Northern Michigan in May.

Although Jason is organizing a September Black Hills Rally, a mini-Super Meet in mid to late August could be just the ticket for the upper Midwest.
          Last edited by JoePhotographer; 09-15-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
            Our upper Midwest owners need to get out and have some fun together! How about something next Summer/Autumn in Wisconsin?
            Black Hills in mid-September, so we should be able to make an event work around that date (19-23 Sep, 2021)

Looking for anyone in Chicago/Wisconsin/Minnesota to help with logistics and location ideas.
            Thank you for stepping up, Jim! Regional events meet one of the core purposes of this Club. I am a big fan of EVERY region having Regional Events which are basically more localized S2KDays-style events. We have six regions. So really, S2KCA should be having at least 5 regional events and one S2KDays every year. Not everyone can make every event, but it gives every member across the entire continent an opportunity to attend at least one that is closest to them. And if we plan further ahead, people can set aside the vacation time needed for whatever events they most wish to attend.

Year 'round, there should pretty much always be a banner (or two or three) advertising the next Club sanctioned/sponsored regional event. We got things started with the SouthWest Tour 2019 to Sedona last year. That went really well and, in hind sight, I can say it is that much more special to me because Ron and Gail were able to make it... and it was the last time some of us saw Ron.

Sadly, 2020 has put a damper on all of the great events that everyone had been hoping to create. But all it has done is delay, not destroy. The plans are still there and the future is still very bright. And I hope more Chapters will create and post about their S2KCA events for 2021. There are a lot of good people who can serve as resources to you in creating events (and how to avoid various common pitfalls) so I hope you reach out to them.

Again, Jim, thanks for taking the lead on this and attempting to revive chapters which have languished in want of some activity in recent years. Light those Northern Lights up!

Make some great memories:
            -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Matthew 15:14

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Again, Jim, thanks for taking the lead on this and attempting to revive chapters which have languished in want of some activity in recent years. Light those Northern Lights up!
              Thanks for the positive vibes. The upper Midwest and the northern Great Plains (where your Black Hills Rally will be - I'm coming!), is on my bucket list.

Great car, Great friends, Great memories!

Comment

Working...
              X