New Subaru BRZ in Winnipeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Subaru BRZ in Winnipeg

Yesterday the wait was over once and for all and we took possession of our new Subaru BRZ. World Rally Blue, Auto with Sport Tech package (Limited). The previous guy who placed his deposit turned it down to wait for a silver BRZ so we got the call. This car is identical to our order which would have arrived in a month.

I still drive the S2000 and am more than pleased with the handling of the BRZ over the few miles we put on it last night. The BRZ is no S2000, especially with the Automatic but the way the BRZ holds the road and communicates back to the driver it's all I expected. This is my wife's car and the paddle shifts were my consolation prize. It's a great drivers car.

I am so pleased to be a part of such a highly anticipated car and happy to be on the cutting edge. A guy in a Genisis did a head snap as we were doing the test drive last night. I suspect that is the reaction this car will be getting for the next few months here.

No time to go wax a car.

Awesome
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Congrats.
      Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
      After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Sorry, I need to translate my response to Canadian. "Eh, ya sure got a nice car there."

S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Congrats! I've resisted a lot of temptation to stay away from Subaru and Scion dealers lately!
          Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
          '08 Ridgeline RTL
          '02 Z06

Comment

Hey welcome to the funJoanne (SweetSydney) has 700 Kms on hers of which I have driven a couple of hundred and loved every second. That makes at least three in S2KCA
            sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Congrats Bob! Guess the little woman will be spending less time around the house now, eh?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Lookin' good, Bob!

Comment

Bob, that's a beauty. It's even in my preferred colour. Great bang for the buck, too. If this was around back in 2000, that's what I would have gotten - a coupe rather than a vert. But the S has done well by me so can't complain.

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                  Sorry, I need to translate my response to Canadian. "Eh, ya sure got a nice car there."

Proper sentence structure in Cannuckistan would place the "Eh" at the end, eh. But a fine gesture all the same, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by repiv View Post
                    Bob, that's a beauty. It's even in my preferred colour. Great bang for the buck, too. If this was around back in 2000, that's what I would have gotten - a coupe rather than a vert. But the S has done well by me so can't complain.

Not me they complement each other but give up my S for the BRZ NO !
                    Proper sentence structure in Cannuckistan would place the "Eh" at the end, eh. But a fine gesture all the same, eh.
                    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Thanks for the comments, eh. . .

Comment

Looks nice, I love the colour. I'm not 100% sure on the wheel design, maybe they look better in person, eh ?

Comment

They do
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S View Post
                            Congrats! I've resisted a lot of temptation to stay away from Subaru and Scion dealers lately!
                            You know I'd give you a ride to the dealer....

Comment

Originally posted by repiv View Post
                              Bob, that's a beauty. It's even in my preferred colour. Great bang for the buck, too. If this was around back in 2000, that's what I would have gotten - a coupe rather than a vert.
                              I was just looking at pictures of the convertible version... Not impressed by the design, it looks... boring? The side view seems too straight/missing some lines.

But the coupe is a pretty car. Congrats, Bob!
                              "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                              Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmynumbers View Post
                                You know I'd give you a ride to the dealer....
                                Will you give me an interest-free loan as well?
                                Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                                '08 Ridgeline RTL
                                '02 Z06

Comment

Oooooooh - envy city down here in Edina! That will be my next car - when I am able to get a car! She is gorgeous - and your wife is going to look FABULOUS in that car!

Have fun with it!
                                  This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                  X