Group Drive on Sat 10/27?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Drive on Sat 10/27?

hi folks. i haven't been here in a long time. would love to connect and go for a group drive. when jason was here, we also met a few times off season for dinner and stuff. would be nice to have that going as well. to start off, how about a drive this saturday? the forecast is dry and mid-40s. still warm enough for a top-down spirited run!

cheers.
    henry.

Henry,

I would love to join you, but unfortunately I have to work on Saturday. I agree about meeting more often. I think we just need to be more diligent in posting things here, and if people can make it then they can make it. But more of an effort needs to be made, and I'm speaking for myself more than anyone else.

I work alternating weekends, so the first weekend in November I'm free. If it is nice that weekend I'm not afraid to take the baby out. i think I have a good 700 miles of cushion to put on before I hit my self-proclaimed 5000 mile annual cap! LOL.

Keep in touch, I'll try to check this more often. If nothing else, and if anyone wants to get together, feel free to PM me for my email.

Comment

I am virtually always on this site in some shape or form. I am happy to see that a drive is being planned. I will not be able to attend, but I will let you all know when I come back to visit. Maybe we can do a little get-together then too.
      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Oh! Oh! Please let me know if we get together! I don't have a car I can drive - but I would love to be a passenger/and/or dinner date!
        This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

bob:
          it doesn't have to be a saturday; sunday would work fine as well. the date needs to be flexible to accommodate as many participants as possible. looks like we may see low to mid 40s temperature (and, dry weather) on 11/3 and 11/4 as well, though i couldn't see the forecast beyond 10/31. we will have to check on that by end of this week.

i volunteer to organize meets on a regular basis. i suspect the momentum might gradually build up, if the events occur on a regular basis.

jason:
          good to hear from you. sorry if i missed your going-away party. you could always give us ideas on routes. we should meet as a group when you swing by.

melinda:
          good to hear from you as well. still working on getting a S2K? i cut you a deal! you could buy me a sandwich; and, i will let you drive my car! i probably mentioned when we met last time that i bought a second S2K. you could drive it if you promised to treat her right!

cheers.

Comment

HOLY CRAP HENRY. YOU HAVE TWO???? OOOOOOOOHHHHHH. I still want one so bad I can taste it. I adore the car, and miss seeing one every day in the garage next to my car.

YES PLEASE. I'll buy you a steak dinner if you promise the drive won't be too spirited!
            This Too Shall Pass

Comment

I pulled my car off of insurance after our last autocross... so it is down for the winter . I'll have to skip this time.

Comment

Sadly, I put less than a thousand miles on my car this year. I really need to get it out and kick some of the dust off of it. unfortunately, a little too late for me. She's going into storage on Saturday as I have a full weekend aleady planned.

Comment

I put nearly six thousand on mine, couple trips to Road America and other road trips. Drive mine year round so can do late fall drives. But we're closing down our cabin this weekend. Another weekend, or I'll catch the next one.

Comment

yeah, i picked up a certified '08 in summer of '11 (red). the idea was to keep the yellow unmodified and for winter/rainy days and modify the red. but, i am increasingly leaning toward selling the yellow for an Atom. the drive is likely to be not so spirited as the ambient temperature has fallen. and, this is a one-time deal!

mark and tangerine151 (jeff?): you might be early by a couple of weeks in winterizing it! but, i am sure you have thought it through!

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by rys2kmk View Post
                      I put nearly six thousand on mine, couple trips to Road America and other road trips. Drive mine year round so can do late fall drives. But we're closing down our cabin this weekend. Another weekend, or I'll catch the next one.
                      mark, it seems 11/3 sat, might work better for bob as well. the forecast is likely to be good. so, we could do 11/3 instead.

Comment

Yes, 11/3 would work for me, weather permitting. I'll go out if it is like today's weather (10-25) but anything colder or more snowy and I'd have to pass. No need risking the welfare of the baby! LOL. I'm actually in the market for more of a winter car, something with 4wd or awd.....something with storage capacity. I've been looking at old 4runners, but everything seems so expensive for having 150k miles! My BMW has never been in winter and I don't want to start on it now even though my winter wheels from my TSX will fit the car. Oh, what to do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry-A View Post
                          mark and tangerine151 (jeff?): you might be early by a couple of weeks in winterizing it! but, i am sure you have thought it through!
                          cheers.
                          I winterize early mostly just because the motorsports season is over. I don't daily drive it much anymore.... springs are too stiff to be much fun. It's really an autocross toy and occasional weekend driver now.

If I used it more, I would probably push the season as far as possible (like I used to).

Comment

If it's going to be cold I will be a passenger. Jason's accident was on a colder day - and I would be just horrified if I did anything to it. Bob - you up for a guest in your car?
                            This Too Shall Pass

Comment

11/3 should work for me. I can go in any weather, I'll just put the winter tires on... guess its getting to that time of year anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Bob View Post
                                Yes, 11/3 would work for me, weather permitting. I'll go out if it is like today's weather (10-25) but anything colder or more snowy and I'd have to pass. No need risking the welfare of the baby! LOL. I'm actually in the market for more of a winter car, something with 4wd or awd.....something with storage capacity. I've been looking at old 4runners, but everything seems so expensive for having 150k miles! My BMW has never been in winter and I don't want to start on it now even though my winter wheels from my TSX will fit the car. Oh, what to do!!!
                                cool, let's shoot for 11/3 then. so far, we have you (bob), mark (rys2kmk) and melinda riding shotgun with bob (possibly) and myself. hopefully, a few others would join. any idea for a route? over this weekend i will look up a route and post.

bob, how about a used miata for the winter? put a set of Blizzaks and you are good to go. miatas are super reliable, regardless of the mileage. you can pick one up real cheap; especially now (post-season). most of all, you could continue to have fun even in winter!

Comment

Originally posted by rys2kmk View Post
                                  11/3 should work for me. I can go in any weather, I'll just put the winter tires on... guess its getting to that time of year anyway.
                                  ok, 11/3 it is, mark. it is actually no fun driving with winters! the performance difference is so significant, i just don't enjoy. also, i am pretty mellow while on blizzaks to minimize wear, so that i can push those to as many season as reasonably possible.

Comment

Originally posted by lacochino View Post
                                    If it's going to be cold I will be a passenger. Jason's accident was on a colder day - and I would be just horrified if I did anything to it. Bob - you up for a guest in your car?
                                    that's probably a good idea! tires cool off real fast. for someone with minimal, current experience with the car can prove challenging knowing the limits or handling quirks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Henry-A View Post
                                        ok, 11/3 it is, mark. it is actually no fun driving with winters! the performance difference is so significant, i just don't enjoy. also, i am pretty mellow while on blizzaks to minimize wear, so that i can push those to as many season as reasonably possible.
                                        For the S I don't do Blizzaks, but performance winters. Not quite as good for snow/ice as Blizzaks but not quite the drop off in performance either. On the other family cars I do put Blizzaks or XIce on. Will watch for plans on the 3rd!

Comment

Working...
                                        X