Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys have fun!

Comment

Ok, 11/3 it is! I'm bringing a buddy of mine, so Melinda, you'll have to ride on/in the trunk! LOL. Does someone else have a seat for Melinda?

Where are we going and at what time? I don't really care if we just sit someone and have hot cocoa (with Bailey's). We don't have the best places to drive here when it is warm out, so I think even if we became more social as a group that would be fun.

When I go to the S2KDays it is so nice to see so many friends, but it sucks because you only see them once a year. Yeah, the driving is fun, but the car just brings people together, and doesn't that have just a slight edge over the raw excitement that is had when you drive the S around a corner at three times the speed limit!? I mean, it does, right? LOL. Friends? Together.....more exciting than the S. Oh, geez, who am I kidding! LOL.

Let's go up to BIR and light'em up!

Ok, seriously. How should we plan Saturday? I have a feeling that most people involved are on the west side of the metro. I'm in Rogers, Melinda is in Richfield, Henry and Mark in right by each other. I know that part of the metro is kind of torn up, right? Should we meet somewhere in DT Hopkins? Southdale area? EP mall? As for roads to drive on.......you got me.

As for winter tires, I like the performance winter category. Right now I'm running ExtremeWinterContacts from Continental, which are the regular winter tires. I had a set of Dunlop Winter Sport M3s and they lasted me 7 seasons......I loved them. I think next round I'll go to the Winter Sport 3Ds even though the treads don't look as cool as the M3s. I'm sure with my BMW being RWD I'll be able to chew through those things in no time! Woo hoo!

Ok, I'll check the board here to see what people say about the details for Saturday. I'm open, and I'm an early riser, so late morning time would work for me. I just have to be home by 4pm.

Comment

I know you wish you could join us, Mike, so that you can photobomb us with Bolt-ism shots, but not this time! hehe

Originally posted by pezjunki View Post
        you guys have fun!

Comment

As for winter vehicles, I'm all over the board. I'm doing the BMW this winter, so I'll just have to be careful. But, eventually I'd like to add a utility vehicle to my fleet. I've thought of just getting a fun wagon, like a Legacy Gt or Outback XT, but then a truck always crosses my mind, which I would then lean towards a Ridgeline first, of course. Audi wagons are always appealing (S4) and an X3 would be sweet as well. Miata would be too small for my fat ass, even though I fit......maybe a TT!

This could go on to be one of the longest threads ever, so I better stop! If anyone would like to forward me the lottery numbers for this week's drawing then I would be able to show you pictures of my cars instead of just trying to decide which "one" to get next! You can PM me the numbers, please!

Comment

here is bit bit of a bummer: rain forecast on saturday!! i am not too keen on having a group drive in rain. can't be spirited; or, top down. where's the fun?? so, we may need to cancel this one. what you guys think? (i have a decent route mapped out; will post up)

Comment

Lets keep an eye on the weather, agree with Henry that cold and wet puts a damper on the drive...

Comment

Wait until the last moment to cancel. Never trust that the weatherman is right this far out from the date.
                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

agree, jason; weather can change either way! we will continue to monitor. the 'high' temp is the lowest on sat in ten-day period!! :-( damn!

Comment

Sure honey. Post up the lightning. Thanks. :P

Sure Bob. Bring a friend and relegate me to the trunk.

I say we call this on Thursday or Friday. If the weather tanks the drive, I am all for meeting up for lunch.
                    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Sounds like a plan as I heard the same thing about the weather. In my monitoring of the inaccuracy of the weathermen, this far out I would look at Sunday or Monday's weather for Saturday. So if Sunday looks like, move it up a day and you have Saturday's weather! You watch......then give me my honorary degree! Like Melinda said, if nothing else, we can get together and chat, have lunch, talk about getting together in the winter months, etc.

Comment

sunday looks dry. the temp is bit lower than other days. if sunday works for others, i am game. of course, i am always in for a lunch and talk about cars. melinda, you have a choice between bob's trunk and my passenger seat!!

Comment

Put her in the trunk! Do it!
                          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                            Put her in the trunk! Do it!
                            uhh, i would rather stay out of this....!

Comment

Put me in the trunk. I'll put YOU in the trunk buddy............

Henry - I'll take you up on that! Just let me know what day!
                              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry-A View Post
                                uhh, i would rather stay out of this....!
                                He's an Administrator....you HAVE to do what he says! He has special powers!

Just let me know what ya'll think.

Comment

Working...
                                X