Group Drive Route (for 11/4 Sunday?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Drive Route (for 11/4 Sunday?)

ok, here is the route i plotted. please take a look. whichever mapping tool you use (i used Google Maps), you will have to zoom into higher details to follow the county roads. feel free to suggest alternatives. sunday, 11/4, looks better. the temp will be bit lower than other days; but, dry. just wear a jacket and hat! and, leave the top down!

- 494 E
    - 10 E to Prescott
    - continue on 10 E to Ellsworth
    - continue on 10 E to Plum City
    - R onto Main St
    - Main St turns into County Rd U
    - L onto County Rd Uu
    - L onto County Rd Ss
    - County Rd Ss turns into County Hwy Ss
    - Stay on County Hwy Ss (this also is known as County Hwy D)
    - R (south) onto County Rd N to Pepin
    - L onto 35 S
    - R onto 25 S via Nelson to Wabasha
    - 25S turns into Walnut Ave in Wabasha
    - L onto 4th Grant Blvd W
    - R onto Pembroke Ave/60 S
    - R onto 61N
    - L onto Bruegger Valley Rd/County Rd 30 S
    - County Rd 30 turns into T-512
    - R onto County Rd 20
    - L onto County Rd 10 W
    - R onto County Rd 4 E
    - L onto 61N to Red Wing
    - 61 goes into Main St in Red Wing
    - R onto 63 N to Hager City
    - L onto 35 N to Prescott
    - 10 W to 494 W

for those who have put their S to sleep: if you got the time, you could join us in your other car. it's not about the car; but, people!

Have a fun drive! The Wisconsin back roads are good entertainment.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Route looks good to me!

Comment

Estimated time of meeting?

Comment

Where are we meeting up?
          This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

tempted! I didnt put my S away like I had planned. Although I still don't get why you all like to hang out in the off season and not the warm months, but whatever!!! This sounds like it has potential.

Comment

hi folks. so, sunday it is. how about meeting by 09.30? looks like meeting in Edina might be central to most (bob needs to trek from rogers). we could meet in southdale mall parking by Macy's; the side of Macy's right behind Firestone on 66th St.

if you are coming from 169, exit on France, make left on 66th St, stay on right lane. at the first traffic light (Drew Ave), make right and you would be facing Macy's parking. it's a big, empty lot. if you are the first to arrive, park between the vast space between Firestone and Macy's. Drew Ave is located between 66th and York Ave.

if you are coming from 494, exit on France and make right on 66th and follow the above directions.

melinda, i could pick you up at your place (Richfield?) at 9. if you prefer to drive upto the meeting point, would be fine as well. if i am picking up, mail me the address ([email protected]).

here is my mobile #: 408.406.9273. send me your #s as well. and, i would be coming from minnetonka (borderline hopkins).

looking forward to meeting everyone.

cheers.
              Last edited by Henry-A; 11-01-2012, 10:17 PM. Reason: added my location.

Comment

Originally posted by tangerine151 View Post
                tempted! I didnt put my S away like I had planned. Although I still don't get why you all like to hang out in the off season and not the warm months, but whatever!!! This sounds like it has potential.
                jeff (sorry if i got the name wrong; has been a while), you are right; we should have been doing this all along! at least, we could keep this momentum going.

Comment

Well, the momentum will have to hang in limbo until the spring! Does momentum usually hang around that long? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Bob View Post
                    Well, the momentum will have to hang in limbo until the spring! Does momentum usually hang around that long? LOL
                    well, momentum is what we make! by meeting for lunches/dinners through the winter, we could keep it going. we could meet once every 4-6 weeks. just hang out and talk about cars and motorsports!

Comment

or go to prokart, drive like maniacs to satisfy our sport driving needs then retire to a local pub to wash a way some of the adrenalin. I'm always game for a little F1 chat.

Comment

or go to prokart, drive like maniacs to satisfy our sport driving needs then retire to a local pub to wash a way some of the adrenalin. I'm always game for a little F1 chat.
                        i like the ProKart idea! i wouldn't mind karting regularly during the winter. let's shoot for one by middle of december.

Comment

sorry Henry I'll have to sit this one out. I didint realize that we already had plans today. have fun. I'll catch you next time.

Comment

sorry Henry I'll have to sit this one out. I didint realize that we already had plans today. have fun. I'll catch you next time.
                            bummer! thats fine, jeff. if this route is a winner, we will do again in next season. there are plenty of routes to explore as we go inland in WI.

Comment

YAY! What a good time! Thanks Henry for putting this together - great route!
                              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

yes, the drive was pretty good. the route is a winner! couple of short county roads were unpaved. too bad, as one of them is simply awesome, with a view to kill for. still, we should go back. let's try this route again next season. bob had to bail just at the start of the unpaved road. we waited for a while and had to go back look for him. he texted later that he was called in at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X