Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Lights Chat (WAS: Is this forum...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Nice fitting cover! And such a spic and span garage. Nice.
    Yes, the cover does fit nicely, as it is made specifically for the S2000. The garage is not really as spic and span as it appears.

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Its always so sad to see them covered up for winter. I always liked Dave's pictures of giant icicles and gobs of snow hanging from the fenders.

Leave a comment:

• R.Murphy
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post

You asked for it. If Jason can flip the picture here, please do. Otherwise. As you say, turn your heads a bit to see the picture in something other than sideways position
    Nice fitting cover! And such a spic and span garage. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Brrr!

Post the picture anyway. We will turn our heads a few degrees instead of our computers. Post that shiny baby!
    You asked for it. If Jason can flip the picture here, please do. Otherwise. As you say, turn your heads a bit to see the picture in something other than sideways position

Leave a comment:

• lacochino
    replied
    Just mowing up the last of the leaves today. Found out the couple down the alley from me has a new Miata, have been delivering plenty of crap about that. It has been an odd fall. 70 degrees one day, 40 the next. Then 75, the freezing. So who knows. I'm expecting three feet of snow any second now!

Leave a comment:

• R.Murphy
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post
    ... temperature of 20 degrees F. I tried to post a picture of our baby, almost ready for winter, but couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture and didn't want everyone to have to turn their computers 90 degrees to see her.
    Brrr!

Post the picture anyway. We will turn our heads a few degrees instead of our computers. Post that shiny baby!

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rose
    replied
    I see that it has been a while since anyone posted in this forum, but here we sit in beautiful North Dakota with bright sunshine and a temperature of 20 degrees F. I tried to post a picture of our baby, almost ready for winter, but couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture and didn't want everyone to have to turn their computers 90 degrees to see her. Just have to attach the battery trickle charger, then wait for spring, while living vicariously through reports of drives by our more southern friends.

Leave a comment:

• tr8al
    replied
    The North East group has been "Dormant" for about 3 years... maybe you and I can meet in the middle and start a Mid West/North East chapter.

Leave a comment:

• rys2kmk
    replied
    Things have been busy for me lately and have not been here for a while... still have my Rio S2000, how about others in the group? It is sad Honda did not follow up with a replacement car, can't replace with another. Henry, did you get that 981?

We used to get mailings for renewals... the tag says I'm a guest so my membership seems to have run out. Do we do that on line now?

-Mark
    Last edited by rys2kmk; 02-14-2016, 11:47 PM. Reason: added note about membership

Leave a comment:

• lacochino
    replied
    I send him a LOT of HIGH TEST SUNSCREEN.

Leave a comment:

• 4U2NV
    replied
    Originally posted by griffon View Post
    Hey Jason,
    I bet you spend the Summer burning and peeing under that desert sun.
    I hope you are doing fine otherwise.

griff
    Yes, summer down here is top up driving. We are now getting into the good season and the top will be down until June.

Leave a comment:

• griffon
    replied
    Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post

I'm liking the heat of the Southwest. We are getting into prime topless season now. I don't miss the cold winters at all.
    Hey Jason,
    I bet you spend the Summer burning and peeling under that desert sun.
    I hope you are doing fine otherwise.

griff
    Last edited by griffon; 08-12-2018, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Henry-A
    replied
    Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
    Where in TX? We have a good chapter, Lonestar, and they would be a great group for you to meet. Maybe even partake in a local drive?
    Dallas. The dealer is Park Place Porsche. Sure, I would love to meet with the local group for a drive, if I am gonna go down there to pick it up. Will post up once I have those details figured out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• 4U2NV
    replied
    Where in TX? We have a good chapter, Lonestar, and they would be a great group for you to meet. Maybe even partake in a local drive?

Leave a comment:

• Henry-A
    replied
    Sure, Jason; will post the pictures when the car arrives. But, it's gonna be in spring. The build date is early December; should arrive by end of January to the dealer in TX. Haven't yet decided if I am gonna have it shipped in winter or go down there in spring and drive back.

Rose: thanks. The car is officially written off! I am going to take the money and walk away! :-( I usually might have challenges scheduling out of state, multi-day outings for S2K days. Will try make one at some point.

cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rose
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your red S, Henry, but I am glad that you are all right other than the bruises. We are some 4+ hours away from the Twin Cities so don't get down there often. Just Monday, we did drive our S into Fargo, topless, for about the first time since S2KDays in June. It felt good and I suggested that we should post it as an event of the Fargo area contingent of the Northern Lights chapter. We were the only car, but our trip to our Grandson's football game, then on to Granite City was fun.

Leave a comment:

• 4U2NV
    replied
    I am always entertained by your vehicle selection/collection. I would love to see pics nod the new ride.

Leave a comment:

• Henry-A
    replied
    I hear ya. I am getting tired of losing out 5-6 months of driving/riding time in a year! If CA's drought conditions weren't as bad, would definitely go back to Bay Area.

Yes, sucks about the car. I am disappointed that it is likely gonna be the end of the road for the Red! I am planning on stop driving the Yellow in winter; so, need to look for a winter ride. The new Miata looks interesting! Need to check it out. Or, a CPO 981 Boxster could be an option. I do have a 981 Spyder on order, for summer.

Leave a comment:

• 4U2NV
    replied
    Damn!!! That sucks about the S2K. I know you kept it in mint condition.

I'm liking the heat of the Southwest. We are getting into prime topless season now. I don't miss the cold winters at all.

Leave a comment:

• Henry-A
    replied
    Melinda:
    No, haven't moved yet. I am debating on that. In a few years, either move back to Bay Area or to Seattle. I will consider next year's gathering; however, I already have a few possible trips on the hopper. Will have to prioritize.

Yes, I still have both the S2Ks. But, just last week, I was in a major crash while driving the Red ('08). A girl ran the red light and took me out! It was a close call. The difference between minor injuries (bruises from air bag and sprained hand, both left) and fatality or serious injuries is about ONE second! Hand still hurts. The car is being assessed. Initial estimates are close to total loss value. The dealer is gonna strip it for further evaluation. Quite likely it is gonna be totaled! Only has about 24k miles!! :-(

Jason:
    How is it going? Is Scottsdale working out for you? Good idea to start posting up for happy hours and local driving days. Will see how the reception is.

cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X