Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Lights Chat (WAS: Is this forum...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    He was a bit snooty when I think about it. Not too friendly, really.

    Comment


    • #32
      Who knows what makes him crabby. Electric? Internal combustion? Electric? It's all so confusing.... Rose Mary - could I sweet talk you in to either sending me a few cards, or if you are going to be in my neck of the woods any time soon again, can I just get some from you? We need to have a meeting. Lots of important S2KCA topics and issues to discuss. Things to hammer out. Northern Lights plans to make!
      This Too Shall Pass

      If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by lacochino View Post
        Who knows what makes him crabby. Electric? Internal combustion? Electric? It's all so confusing.... Rose Mary - could I sweet talk you in to either sending me a few cards, or if you are going to be in my neck of the woods any time soon again, can I just get some from you? We need to have a meeting. Lots of important S2KCA topics and issues to discuss. Things to hammer out. Northern Lights plans to make!
        I will send you some cards when we get back home, but that won't be until December 15th. In a couple of days we start a 2 week cruise along the Eastern coast of Australia and all the way around New Zealand before flying back home.

        AZS2KDancer I will send you some also after we get back.
        S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

        Rose Mary
        Casselton, ND

        Comment


        • #34
          Nice trip! Australia is somewhere my dad always wanted to go when he retired. I hope to go there in his stead some day.

          No problem on the cards. Now that we have some decent snow on the ground, the call is not too heavy. Nothing like record heat to a blizzard in less than 4 hours!
          This Too Shall Pass

          If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by lacochino View Post
            Who knows what makes him crabby. Electric? Internal combustion? Electric? It's all so confusing.... Rose Mary - could I sweet talk you in to either sending me a few cards, or if you are going to be in my neck of the woods any time soon again, can I just get some from you? We need to have a meeting. Lots of important S2KCA topics and issues to discuss. Things to hammer out. Northern Lights plans to make!
            My brain is fuzzy on this. Did I ever send you the join the Club cards that I promised to send after our Australia trip? Let me know if I didn't and I will get some on the way to you.
            S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

            Rose Mary
            Casselton, ND

            Comment


            • #36
              Hey, Samuel H. we don't have a lot of members in our part of the country so it was great to see you joining us. Our son lives on Woodland Drive there in Eden Prairie, so perhaps we will see your car around one of these days when we are visiting him and his family. What color is your car?
              S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

              Rose Mary
              Casselton, ND

              Comment


              • #37
                Hey guys! How is everyone? We need to do a dinner. I lost both of my parents (Mom on June 24th and dad on July 9th) so I have been very very very out of touch, and for that I am sorry. Bad Chapter Director! BAD! What are you interested in? I know the usual mantra, "If you plan it, they will come." but I want to hear from you. We are a group that covers a LOT of ground. Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Canada, we have adopted parts of Wisconsin, and hell, we will take in anyone without a home! Irish Rose? Are you and Fredric going to be in town any time soon? The Northern Lights have been pretty dim lately. Lets throw some light on the situation, and see what works. Ideas? I'd love to meet the new drivers here!
                This Too Shall Pass

                If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

                Comment


                • #38
                  You need to take your right hand and hold it in front of your face, palm facing you and tell me what state you forgot.

                  "It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain


                  sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by lacochino View Post
                    Hey guys! How is everyone? We need to do a dinner. I lost both of my parents (Mom on June 24th and dad on July 9th) so I have been very very very out of touch, and for that I am sorry. Bad Chapter Director! BAD! What are you interested in? I know the usual mantra, "If you plan it, they will come." but I want to hear from you. We are a group that covers a LOT of ground. Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Canada, we have adopted parts of Wisconsin, and hell, we will take in anyone without a home! Irish Rose? Are you and Fredric going to be in town any time soon? The Northern Lights have been pretty dim lately. Lets throw some light on the situation, and see what works. Ideas? I'd love to meet the new drivers here!
                    I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Mother and Dad. I know how close you were to them and how empty your life must be without their regular contact.

                    Unfortunately, we will probably not be in the Twin Cities area any time real soon. We have an invite to our great-granddaughter's first birthday on September 1st, but we will be in Houston, TX. We set sail on a 7-day cruise to celebrate our 55th wedding anniversary on the 2nd, having planned this cruise more that a year ago. At the end of September, we have a week planned in California, in the Sonoma wine country, and in October we return to Michigan to celebrate my brother and sister-in-law's 50th anniversary. We were in Michigan last month for my sister and brother-in-law's 50th and in April we were in Las Vegas to help our son and daughter-in-law celebrate their 25th anniversary, so you can see that we have been on the road quite a bit/

                    Perhaps one of these days you and Enzo can make a trek up this way and spend some time with us in beautiful North Dakota. We might even be able to get Rob and Rachel to come down from Winnipeg to join us..
                    S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

                    Rose Mary
                    Casselton, ND

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by lacochino View Post
                      I lost both of my parents (Mom on June 24th and dad on July 9th) so I have been very very very out of touch, and for that I am sorry.
                      My condolences.

                      Upcoming events:

                      Dragon Fall Run 2018 - September 12-16 at the Dragon. Register HERE!

                      Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration IS Open. You can register HERE!.
                      All presented by: The Double Dragon Group, LLC

                      "There is nothing in this world more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
                      Martin Luther King
                      ______________________________________________
                      2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
                      2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post
                        Perhaps one of these days you and Enzo can make a trek up this way and spend some time with us in beautiful North Dakota. We might even be able to get Rob and Rachel to come down from Winnipeg to join us..
                        We would be up for that!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

                          We would be up for that!
                          We will try to make that happen.
                          S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

                          Rose Mary
                          Casselton, ND

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                            You need to take your right hand and hold it in front of your face, palm facing you and tell me what state you forgot.
                            Holy CRAP. Apparently we have embraced Michigan as well! Wow! We take ANYONE in this group! Remember now, you are talking to a Non Member Chapter Director here. Give a girl a minute to get her act together....

                            Thank you Ken. I appreciate that. It's been quite a journey with them. I miss them a lot. Things are starting to cme back to what I would think is 'normal', whatever that might be.

                            Good Grief RoseMary! It's a good thing you guys are retired! Sounds like you have a pretty glorious fall planned! And 55 years? Did you get married when you were three? How is that possible? Congratulations! My parents were married for 58 and a half years. Together for 63.

                            I would love to make the trek north! I still want to make a trip up to Canada for a bit as well at some point, but that is another post.

                            I still want to see people here as well! Anyone? Ideas? Anyone?
                            This Too Shall Pass

                            If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              ... Remember now, you are talking to a Non Member Chapter Director...
                              You are correct, the system says that your membership expired on July 26, 2018. Will you be renewing your membership soon?

                              It's nice to see the Northern Lights chapter is no longer dormant. Consequently, I have updated the thread title to "Northern Lights Chat (WAS: Is this forum...)".
                              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
                              | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

                              Where have you driven your S2000?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post


                                It's nice to see the Northern Lights chapter is no longer dormant. Consequently, I have updated the thread title to "Northern Lights Chat (WAS: Is this forum...)".
                                That looks much better. Thanks, Jason.
                                S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

                                Rose Mary
                                Casselton, ND

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X