This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motoring to Milwaukee

Time for a Fall Colors drive (spelled colours for us North of the border).

Yeah I know, it's weeks early for the colors but we are taking the S2000 on it's only long drive this year. As you all know it doesn't do well in the snow with summer tires, so I am taking no chances. It's the drive that counts. I had to put on enough mileage to justify an oil change.

Made it to Brainerd MN tonight. On the way we spotted a big blue cow, or ox, or perhaps a water buffalo. In the image it's the blue one with horns.

This cow is sure popular because they are all over the place and very big. I'll post when I find out more. Must be an Icelandic thing. . . . .

R&R

Did you see Paul too?

I was born and raised in Wisconsin an was taught that colour was correct also. I had to change because of work in the Deep South here in Illinois.
    Last edited by griffon; 09-19-2015, 09:10 PM.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey Griff

Didn't see the big guy. Will keep an eye out for him.

The Brown County drive sounds like fun but it's a long way for us to drive for a one day event. Its also later in the year than we had time for.

Comment

Found some colors but not fall colors.

Here we are looking over the Mississippi valley North of La Crosse WI.

I can imagine the paddle wheel boats cruising the river while huge log booms float downstream to the mills. It was a better time then.

Comment

Did you invest in a tripod? Or have you taught Suzuka Blue to take pictures? Or was it a fellow Mississippi-viewer?
          Lookin' like summer for you out there.
          Keep the pics coming.
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

YAY! You guys look great! Are you going to be in Minneapolis at any point? We could schedule a meet-up!

And that is BABE THE BLUE OX. Sigh. Canadians. You learn all of the words to their National Anthem and they cannot be bothered to learn about Paul Bunyan and his faithful sidekick Babe the Blue Ox!!!!
            This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by lacochino View Post
              YAY! You guys look great! Are you going to be in Minneapolis at any point? We could schedule a meet-up!

And that is BABE THE BLUE OX. Sigh. Canadians. You learn all of the words to their National Anthem and they cannot be bothered to learn about Paul Bunyan and his faithful sidekick Babe the Blue Ox!!!!
              Unfortunately our trip took us East of the Twin Cities on our way down and we are heading home via Duluth. Too bad about a meet-up.

Yep we learn the Natonal Anthem lyrics but don't expect me to hit the notes.

Paul Bunyan? I thought it was the Green Giant and a blue cow. . . . .

Comment

We have been away from Wi-Fi access for a couple of days now. Stayed in the Hampton in Milwaukee and the internet access was out of service. Most of the bars and restaurants did not offer free Wi-Fi so our connection to the outside world was limited.

Monday we left La Crosse WI by way of Hwy 33 East. I would heartily recommend this as a scenic route. I did get into a short race with a farm hand. His rig had low horsepower like the S but tons of torque.

He pulled off before I could gloat my winnings.

The first thing we did Tuesday was visit the Harley Davidson museum.

I kind of felt out of place not wearing leathers.

Checked out the Miller Coors Brewery tour.

Some Ass Hat parked across two handicapped spaces just for a photo-op.

Tonight we are in Marquette MI, walking the streets and sampling the local food.

Came across this old girl while walking for dinner.

It is still a little early for fall colors but the reds and oranges are beginning to appear, so it won't be long now.

Comment

Sorry we are going to miss you! You look like you are having a blast. Ass for the asshat and the handicap spots, well, you gotta do what you gotta do....
                  This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Hey Asshat, how far into MI are you going? I would highly recommend Pictured Rocks, Tahquamenon Falls, Sault Ste. Marie, and Mackinac Island if you have a couple days. Make sure you get some whitefish! Either a sandwich for lunch or a nice dinner.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Ah too late for Pictured Rocks. We are heading West to Duluth tomorrow. Yep lots of White Fish here on the lakes. Will partake next chance.

Comment

Looks like fun!

Comment

Long day of driving with not much to see. Weather is cloudy with intermittent rain so any pictures are pretty much flat.

Superior Entry Lighthouse by the shipping channel to Superior.

Seagulls lined up waiting for something. No french fries here. Drove about 4 1/2 miles down Wisconsin point road to the very end where we reach the light house. This road goes to nowhere except for beaches and wilderness camping and is surrounded by water, yet those good Americans freshly paved the road just for us.

Still haven't had ribs on the trip yet but have experienced several locally brewed suds after the day's driving is done.

Comment

Be sure to drink some Point beer. Brewed where I went to school in Steven's Point.
                            (I cut my teeth on a Point Special beer can.)

Albert Einstein

Comment

Be careful down there the results of a survey were just released 41% of Americans want a wall built between Canada and the US Guess they are still ticked off about us burning down the Whitehouse in the war of 1812
                              sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post
                                Be careful down there the results of a survey were just released 41% of Americans want a wall built between Canada and the US Guess they are still ticked off about us burning down the Whitehouse in the war of 1812
                                I propose it be called The CanAm Wall, but I think the US will want to call it the The AmCan Wall.
                                Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Looks like a fun trip. Stay safe.

Comment

No, most of us are content with keeping Canada as a suburb.

griff

Albert Einstein

Comment

It's Suburban Bob here again! This morning we awoke to fog, so my attempts at more pictures of Duluth were foiled. We headed North along Lake Superior towards Silver Bay where we turned inland towards Ely Minnesota. I had read about this road on a motorcycle site but the review was probably years old when the paved road was relatively new. There were plenty of turns and hills although the rough pavement made it difficult to maintain the speed limit.

We did find some fall colors though.

On our way up the Big Lake we came across Split Rock Lighthouse. Had seen it before but we had to take some pictures again.

I'm struggling with a poor internet connection here in Fort Frances Ontario so will sign off for the night. Currently in the land of expensive gas and speeds of 100 KanadianMilesPerHour.

Comment

I saw a piece on this today. There is an enormous mosque just on the Canadian side of the border and an ice bridge forms between Canada and the U.S. There are no inspection points on either side of that ice bridge and apparently bad guys are just driving across. Now I understand why so many Americans want a wall, and it's not to keep the proprietor of Pirate Joe's from driving across to the Bellingham Trader Joe's to get his stock.

Comment

Working...
                                        X