X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to call BS on this one where did you see that
    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

You can call BS all you want but I saw an interview that also had film of border agents who were admitting this is a problem and had film of vehicles driving across the ice bridge. Ignoring or denying a problem will not make it go away.

Comment

Where is this bridge Tom?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
          Where is this bridge Tom?
          The film footage I saw showed a mosque that is located in Cornwall, Ontario just a little southwest of Montreal. The sign in front read Jami Masjid Zakariya. Cornwall is, indeed, just across from New York not far from Plattsburgh.

Comment

Thanks. I'm a google maps geek, and wanted to see if there was a plausible ice bridge. Indeed, there are a couple routes one might take if one were trying to evade detection. In addition to the mosque (situated between a large Catholic school and the Knights of Columbus), there's also Al Rashad Islamic Institute on the northeast side of town. Must be a very interesting place to live.

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

so you are saying a Mosque is a good reason to build a wall ?? The big issue around Cornwall is the fact it borders First Nation communities on both sides of the border where cigarettes, drugs and gun running are the big issues.

To make it clear most of the traffic is coming into Canada not the other way. So the program you saw must have been on Fox News
              Last edited by Maggiemae; 09-26-2015, 05:33 PM.
              sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

I guess the fact that there are no Iranians chanting death to Canada makes it ease for you to ignore the reality that there are islamic terrorists threatening MY country and they have already been here with devastating results. Yes, there are bad actors in any group you wish to name, but most of them are not bent on killing people. I hope that neither my country nor yours ever see another event like 9/11, but watching the Disney channel and CNN is not likely to prevent it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemae View Post
                  so you are saying a Mosque is a good reason to build a wall ??
                  I guess it depends on what version of Islam they're teaching in that mosque. Since I don't know and you don't know, there are two ways to look at it. One could be conservative/careful and treat it as a potential threat (with precedent), or one could be forgiving/ignorant and go on thinking that everyone everywhere has peaceful motives.

Not saying a wall is the best option, but some of us here in the states are rightfully suspicious of things we don't fully understand and things that are deliberately kept from our understanding. This is an unfortunate consequence of a pluralistic society, that not everyone has your best interests in mind and some of them are downright hostile. One must protect oneself from the unknnown hostile threats. If the government can't do it then it is up to the individual to do it.

Sorry to participate in the hijacking of Bob's thread...it's a lovely trip.

sigpic

Comment

Well that was an interesting end to my thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X