Made a trip up north.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a trip up north.

Hey guys, probably could have posted something on here ahead of time and maybe meet some of you but this was a mid week plan for my wife's birthday. Thought we would check out northern Minnesota since I have never been north of the cities before and it was going to be nice out. Left from Sioux Falls, SD Friday morning just before 7am and arrived around 3pm. Took the long way avoiding the cities all together taking 23 I think it was all the way up to I35 then went through tower and ended the day at the River Point Resort in Ely, MN where we stayed for a couple nights. Did some driving around Saturday, not as much as I liked but it was not really planned out. Seen Lake Superior for the first time Saturday, we took highway 1 down to 61 and first headed south and got gas in Two Harbors and then turned back around ate at The Rustic Inn for lunch and then went North on 61 to Shroeder I think. There was a pretty nice water fall just off the lake there and then we headed back to Ely after that. Wish I would have had more days up there and more days to plan it out so I could have searched for more fun roads. Highway 1 was pretty fun most of the way.

GLORIOUS!!! Oh I'm so glad you got up there. It really is God's country - if you will pardon me saying that. You hit some nice roads, and I bet the colors were really nice. Next time you are in town - let us know and we will get together!
    This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Ely is pretty nice this time of year and the drive from Ely to Lake Superior is also nice. It was once a great road after it was freshly paved and is wanting a bit now but the hills, curves, leaves and overall scenery is pretty great.

Years ago 4U2NV organized a Lake Superior Circle Tour which we missed. I understand it turned out to be one of the more popular club drives.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
        Years ago 4U2NV organized a Lake Superior Circle Tour which we missed. I understand it turned out to be one of the more popular club drives.
        Actually, it was karwath (Bart) who organized that trip. And I think the side excursion to Ely was suggested by czap.
        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Yes, that was a trip Karwath planned. It was his trip that encouraged me to join the club and to plan/organize my trips.
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Yeah there were definitely some bumps along the way but plenty of smooth roads as well.

Comment

Oh good. I'm a big fan of my state. She has a lot to offer. I hope you come back and we can do some trips down here in the cities!
              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                Ely is pretty nice this time of year and the drive from Ely to Lake Superior is also nice. It was once a great road after it was freshly paved and is wanting a bit now but the hills, curves, leaves and overall scenery is pretty great.

It was a really nice trip and a log of it done by Ulrich still exists and is in the "Events" Forum.

griff
                "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X