X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.facebook.com/events/2007055579522596/

https://www.facebook.com/michael.loh...42?pnref=story

https://www.s2kca.com/forum/regional...-ohio-s-dragon
    MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

I'm not trying to start an argument or debate either. I really want some input on how the club can better serve the members. If the forum has outlived its usefulness as a communication medium, then we should explore other options.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I personally still like forums for car discussions/debates/information/DIY/etc. I feel that they organize information better with threads and the ability to search them... Facebook is terrible with organization and/or searching for things. Facebook is just a place that most people happen to have and use/check regularly, it's just easier to reach more people than the forum. Plus, being able to create and manage events is pretty easy on there. There's other aspects too that I think draw people in, but those are the main points I think. Most of my absence has been just due to life, it's been a busy year.

Comment

Unfortunately, a lot of the locals don't visit here, so it is a lot easier to post things on FB ...

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess in the absence of specific examples of problems with our site, it just boils down to personal preference. Carry on.

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Honestly I really don't think the site is broken or has anything "wrong" with it, it's just a matter of how things have shifted in today's world. It's not just an S2KCA thing, other car forums I'm on have seen less activity and more towards Facebook. FB integrates easy with everyone's smartphones and people go there almost daily... I have to remember to go out of my way to pull up this site for use. FB has a nice easy application that has built in notifications, easy image hosting, easy event creation, etc. Basically everything is just easier.

But again, that said, I still prefer forums for car stuff, just telling you what I've seen first hand and feedback I've heard from others. It also doesn't help that the S2000 is at best a 9 year old car, if you picked up a final model year. We also no longer have the full 66,000 or so S2Ks that made it stateside with us today... many are off the road permanently now due to accidents/totaled/salvaged or just old and forgotten. There are still plenty out there, but I do think that fewer on the road, the fact that it's no longer produced, and the ease of use with FB (something that is already part of everyone's daily life) is a combination of factors for less activity on here.

Comment

I agree, and thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

sigpic

Comment

I am saddened that some of the more active chapters do not share information related to their activities here, because for me it is much easier to read it here than to go to Facebook and try to find information in each chapter's own page there. Facebook is cluttered with just too many ads and entries that are not of interest to me to sort through to find entries I really want to read. When I come here, pretty much every day, I can find all of the entries easily by checking what has happened "since last visit". I hope we can somehow revitalize activity here in the site. Since we are pretty isolated physically from other members, up here in North Dakota I can enjoy the car and our S2KCA "family" fun through the forums. I enjoy seeing the pictures and reading about the get togethers that occur around the country. Keep sharing with us.☺
                  S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

Rose Mary
                  Casselton, ND

Comment

If we want people to keep sharing on this forum, we have to do a few things.

Reply. Even if it's not in your region, reply. A few years ago, long before I found myself being asked to become the LA Chapter Director, I used to post about the EOM Drives. I think I did that for a year and a half, maybe two. I gave it my best shot. But generally I got no responses. Crickets. Occasionally I even joked about it and said things like, "Well hello crickets." I finally gave up because it seemed pointless. I was posting about S2000 drives, but there was no interest locally or even elsewhere, so I stopped. The drives continued to happen and our attendance grew, but completely outside of s2kca. So reply... always reply.

Post. Even if it seems mundane to you, post. Post about the pie you baked on Sunday (better yet, add a picture of it... ala mode!), or your favorite hobby, or the winterizing of your S2000 for storage, or the hellish weather your daily driver gets you through. If you post, people will reply. (See paragraph above.) Replies spark conversations. Conversations spark connections. Connections keep us together. Sometimes, I think those are the *only* things that keep us together. So don't extinguish the spark by not posting. Post... always post.

Just my two cents, and worth every penny you paid for it.
                    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

Comment

mmmmm.......pie!

sigpic

Comment

You use Facebook? Oh man, the Russians will know about your trips!!
                        Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post
                          You use Facebook? Oh man, the Russians will know about your trips!!
                          Dude... u b trippin'.
                          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Write something...

Comment

Originally posted by SheDrivesIt View Post
                              Write something...
                              Right something.
                              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Something.
                                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
                                | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Working...
                                X