January 2018 Beater Meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2018 Beater Meet!

January 2018 OKI Beater Meet ..... January 13, 2018 6:00PM till ?????... Silver Spring House

Need to know if you can join us, so that we can book the right amount of space. Let me know if you are bringing anyone along so that we can get a good headcount!

Pass the word around, the more the merrier!

http://www.thesilverspringhouse.com/

Mike & Kathy
    Denny & Marge
    David & Patty
    Greg & Lori
    Gary & Vanna (aka Debbie)
    Jason & Lisa
    Jason Baur
    Jamie Rowe
    Aaron B... Lisa?????
    Faith & Jeff
    Mark & Mary
    Tom & Bev
    Frank & Deborah
    Dale B.
    Lauren L.
    Jakub & Lindsey
    Jonathan S & Jackie
    Jerry & Susan
    Tom M
    Justin Scarbrough +1
    Gretchen

Total 36 people
    Last edited by Lovetodrive2000; 01-09-2018, 12:30 PM.
    '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 162k+ miles
    '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 192k+ miles

Mary and I expect to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by SheDrivesIt View Post
      Mary and I expect to be there.
      Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We will catch the next flight out so we don't miss it!
        David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
        '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
        '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
        '11 Ford Ranger Sport
        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
        '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
        '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

What a great idea! Beaters are the day to day go to vehicles that make easy life in bad climates, crowded cities filled with vandals and potholes, dense snow filled parking lots full of door dings, intersections covered in ice, and all the other day to day slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. They wear their scars proudly and deserve a moment in the spotlight. I love my beater Camry for all the things it isn't as much as for those that it is. I invite all those who love their beaters to post a photo of the "the cuckoo in their nests".
          Here's a thought. So that the cars don't feel bad, why don't the passengers dress down a la Beverley Hillbillies, a quick trip to the attic or Good Will and you're set.

2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Wow, you're on a roll there, John. Must be enjoying your Thursday morning!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
              What a great idea! Beaters are the day to day go to vehicles that make easy life in bad climates, crowded cities filled with vandals and potholes, dense snow filled parking lots full of door dings, intersections covered in ice, and all the other day to day slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. They wear their scars proudly and deserve a moment in the spotlight. I love my beater Camry for all the things it isn't as much as for those that it is. I invite all those who love their beaters to post a photo of the "the cuckoo in their nests".
              Here's a thought. So that the cars don't feel bad, why don't the passengers dress down a la Beverley Hillbillies, a quick trip to the attic or Good Will and you're set.
              That is how we normally dress. Going to Goodwill would be an improvement!
              David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
              '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

When you're retired any morning can be a feet up lazy Thursday morning, Sean. No stimulants or intoxicants other than French Roast coffee and a biscotti.
                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

^^^^I'm so looking forward to that!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

List updated... 33 people so far (or somewhere near that number!)

Comment

Dick & Jeannie...( said they were coming ) I’m sending a REMINDER out tomorrow, or Sunday...to the ENTIRE list....
                      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

I think we may go to this!
                        David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                        '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
                          I think we may go to this!
                          What do you mean? "Think" you may be coming?

I'd better call Patty and get her to set you straight!

Comment

Well... no point attending Sat... Scooter and Patty won't be there!

Nope... that means party time with Kathy, Marge, Lori, Faith, Mary, Bev, Lisa, Lisa, Deb, Gretchen, etc..... in no particular order!

Comment

Me & Marge, along with Gretchen...will be there..!!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post
                                Me & Marge, along with Gretchen...will be there..!!!!
                                David...aka 'Scooots'

'11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'

Comment

I don't recall seeing Gretchen.

Comment

Originally posted by SheDrivesIt View Post
                                    I don't recall seeing Gretchen.
                                    She didn’t make it. Ark... She was ill......

Comment

Working...
                                    X