Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello!!!! Looking for old friends. Hoping they remember me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!!!! Looking for old friends. Hoping they remember me...

Anyone still alive in here who remembers me? I’ve been away for quite a while and the guys I used to run with were pretty old so I wouldn’t be super surprised if we’ve lost a few by now I mean I’ve gotten old grey and decrepit since I’ve been away, I can only imagine what it’s done to some of you. Lol! Life sucks like that I guess. Anyway, the wife wants to do something in the S for our anniversary this year so I thought I would send up a flare and see if anyone screams back.
    Favorite Quotes:
    "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." ~ Ben Franklin

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~ T. S. Elliot

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote..." ~ Ben Franklin

"My memory of you is better than you." ~ Lao Tzu

HEY! Who you callin' old? Are you hittin' it Nate? Mary is headed over to Denny and Sharon's tonight. I owe him a can of BG44K fuel system cleaner. Whole raft of us are going to Gettysburg for S2K days.

How is Beth? How are the kids?

We'd never forget you guys, Nate! Beth is our fav.... I mean you guys are our favorites!

Comment

OMG...Nate...!! The ol crew is still intact...Hope ALL is well with you guys....
      MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Thank god! I was worried I lost u guys. We are doing OK. I lost both my parents two different crippling disease is within the same year about a year ago, it’s been a long time but we are still adjusting to that a bit. I change jobs, probably multiple times since I’ve talk to you guys. I landed a great position and local school district that I love. Trying to shift things around financially and talk Beth into retiring. All in all things are going well. So great to hear you guys are still out there kicking it. Man I would love to do Gettysburg, but I was hoping for more of a three day weekend kind of event, Beth doesn’t have the off time for that, well she does, but she’s about to use it to go up to Cleveland clinic and stay for three or four days when her dad has some very serious heart surgery going on. He’s doing that the second week of August. lots going on as always with my crew. I’ll work on her though. See if I can just get her to quit! Lol.

is there no fall dragon run event this year?

Oh, and yes.... still hittin’ it.
        Favorite Quotes:
        "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." ~ Ben Franklin

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~ T. S. Elliot

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote..." ~ Ben Franklin

"My memory of you is better than you." ~ Lao Tzu

Comment

Nate? Who is Nate?

I remember Beth..... but who is Nate? lol

Glad to see that you are still alive and well!

Want us to plan a weekend in Asheville so you and Beth can disappear again for a bit?
          '00 S2000, Silverstone/Black 158k+ miles
          '13 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track, Circuit Silver/Black 170k+ miles

Comment

Originally posted by 1st07inOH View Post
            https://www.eventbrite.com/o/double-...llc-2618747808
            -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
            California Dreamin'

​"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy." ~Abraham Lincoln, 1864
            ​​​​​​
            Quote of the Month:

In response to What time is... Will there be... Are we... How do we...

"RTFP!"
            -Gene Strupe

Comment

Of course. Sept 5--7 (check with Mike or Denny or go to the DFR2019 website).
              The future is ahead, not behind. Why live in the past!

Events and Track Days

Forum Users may post an event which is of interest to S2KCA members, so long as the host entity is a non-profit organization or not-for-profit group. Club Members may post a for-profit event which is in the interest of S2KCA members (except events which happen in NC)

Comment

Originally posted by 1st07inOH View Post
                Thank god! I was worried I lost u guys. We are doing OK. I lost both my parents two different crippling disease is within the same year about a year ago, it’s been a long time but we are still adjusting to that a bit. I change jobs, probably multiple times since I’ve talk to you guys. I landed a great position and local school district that I love. Trying to shift things around financially and talk Beth into retiring. All in all things are going well. So great to hear you guys are still out there kicking it. Man I would love to do Gettysburg, but I was hoping for more of a three day weekend kind of event, Beth doesn’t have the off time for that, well she does, but she’s about to use it to go up to Cleveland clinic and stay for three or four days when her dad has some very serious heart surgery going on. He’s doing that the second week of August. lots going on as always with my crew. I’ll work on her though. See if I can just get her to quit! Lol.

Oh, and yes.... still hittin’ it.
                Nate....the “Dragon Fall” is September the 5th....thru the 7th...Registration is open, and lodging is at Fontana Lodge...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/dragon-events-49/
                ( ...just so you know...”Are ya hitting it Nate ) is still a topic of discussion among us....

What great times we have had.....
                MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post

Nate....the “Dragon Fall” is September the 5th....thru the 7th...Registration is open, and lodging is at Fontana Lodge...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/dragon-events-49/
                  ( ...just so you know...”Are ya hitting it Nate ) is still a topic of discussion among us....

What great times we have had.....
                  Speaking of which...Are you hitting it Nate?

Events and Track Days

Forum Users may post an event which is of interest to S2KCA members, so long as the host entity is a non-profit organization or not-for-profit group. Club Members may post a for-profit event which is in the interest of S2KCA members (except events which happen in NC)

Comment

Hi Nate! Good to hear from you!

Dave
                    Present:
                    '09 Fit Sport 5MT - Milano Red - Daily Driver
                    '08 CR-V EX-L with Navi - Royal Blue Pearl - Dog Hauler - Grocery Getter

Past:
                    '05 Rio Yellow Pear - Sold
                    '08 Laguna Blue Pearl - Sold
                    '02 Spa Yellow Pearl - Sold
                    '06 Laguna Blue Pearl - Sold

Comment

Admittedly I haven't been poking around here like I should, I just saw this thread. Good to see an old name come back through here! Hope all is well with you, Nate!

-Jason
                      '08 Apex Blue Pearl S2000 CR (#543 of 699)
                      '05 CBR600RR - 15k RPMs of fun
                      '06 STi / '05 RSX-S / '05 S2000 / '03 Si - Gone but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by FurY View Post
                        Admittedly I haven't been poking around here like I should, I just saw this thread. Good to see an old name come back through here! Hope all is well with you, Nate!

-Jason
                        Speaking of old names...Jason, good to see you again. Hope everything is going well.

Events and Track Days

Comment

Working...
                        X