• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emg88
    X-N.E.R.D.
    • May 2006

MD, DE & PA Members - Where are you?

Looking for Members to form the DE, MD and PA. Chapter!

The East Coast Chapters have been growing quickly.
    Last weekend the NJ/NY Chapter met with the VA / WV Chapter down in Antietam, MD. We had some great food and a great drive. Some of the Va / WV members have attended some of the NJ/NY drives and will do it again on July 7th and 8th.

I started as the NJ/NY Chapter Director. This chapter has grown quickly and is now a healthy and strong chapter with 21 members. I have now taken the North East Regional Director's position.

So everyone, we are going to continue to try forming a Chapter in the Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania Area until we get one started. You'll enjoy local get togethers and regional meets. You'll meet some great members and make new and long lasting friendships.

Lets hear from the DE, MD & PA area members
    1. wtmohr (Tom)
    2. equinoxiq (Name?)
    3. zippy (Ken)
    4. Len44 (Len)
    5. davez (Dave)
    6. mafs2000 (Mike)
    7. trump26901 (Needs S2KCA membership)
    Last edited by emg88; 07-01-2007, 03:55 PM. Reason: Additions

2005 Silverstone - Mods: Comptech exhaust, Comptech CAI, Comptech strut bar, Comptech rear tie bar, Rick's cross brace, Power Slot Cryo Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Head Rest speakers, XM radio, Volk RE30 w/RE01R, Work wheels VS-SS for looks!
  • equinoxiq
    Forum Guest
    • Apr 2006

This would be great. I wish i could be more involved in getting something like this going but i just don't have time at the moment with my kung fu training and trying to get on the usa team. anybody else out there who's willing to spearhead such a task?

Comment

• emg88
      X-N.E.R.D.
      • May 2006

As long as you are interested, That's all that is needed.

2005 Silverstone - Mods: Comptech exhaust, Comptech CAI, Comptech strut bar, Comptech rear tie bar, Rick's cross brace, Power Slot Cryo Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Head Rest speakers, XM radio, Volk RE30 w/RE01R, Work wheels VS-SS for looks!

Comment

• trump26901
        Forum Guest
        • May 2007

well I'm new to the forums w/ a my07, but I live in philly and I'm sure I would be interested eventually.

Comment

• emg88
          X-N.E.R.D.
          • May 2006

Well Trump why don't you join S2KCA. You'll meet the greatest people here and enjoy "Get togethers" and regional meets and much more. It took a little bit to get NJ/NY up and running but they are now a strong and growing chapter.
          Ed
          Originally posted by trump26901 View Post
          well I'm new to the forums w/ a my07, but I live in philly and I'm sure I would be interested eventually.
          Last edited by emg88; 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• emg88
            X-N.E.R.D.
            • May 2006

Don't make me look for you guys and girls!

Comment

• My_yella_s2k
              -- iGamble --
              • Sep 2006

oooooh ooooooh ooooohhh roadtrip!
              '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
              '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
              '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
              )
              '06 S2000 NA (returned)
              '11 E92 turbo (returned
              )
              '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

• Jays2k
                Forum Guest
                • Mar 2007

Yay!! S2000 hunting!!! My favorite!!!

Comment

• geras003
                  Forum Guest
                  • Mar 2007

I went into high speed chase for Berlina AP2 yesterday in my area... I waved to a couple in car the guy they honked.. But that was it..

Originally posted by Jays2k View Post
                  Yay!! S2000 hunting!!! My favorite!!!

Comment

• wtmohr
                    Easily distracted by shiny objects.
                    • Apr 2007

You know where I live Ed, will definitely participate but not able to put the time into leading right now. Plus I insist on dual membership with the NY/NJ chapter.

Tom
                    Surely you can't be serious!
                    I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley...

02 Suzuka Blue #407 - GBNF
                    86 MR2 - GBNF
                    sigpic
                    It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

Comment

• zippy
                      Annoying guy
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by wtmohr View Post
                      You know where I live Ed, will definitely participate but not able to put the time into leading right now. Plus I insist on dual membership with the NY/NJ chapter.

Tom

Hi Tom, I'm across the river in Jersey.

Ken

Comment

• wtmohr
                        Easily distracted by shiny objects.
                        • Apr 2007

Ken,

Planning on going up for any of the drives or the "Gathering". If not we'll have to get together down here.

Tom
                        Surely you can't be serious!
                        I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley...

02 Suzuka Blue #407 - GBNF
                        86 MR2 - GBNF
                        sigpic
                        It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

Comment

• emg88
                          X-N.E.R.D.
                          • May 2006

I wouldn't have it any other way Tom! We really enjoy having you.
                          You have to get together with Zippy (Ken), He's in Depford, NJ. He's a great guy!

Tom

Comment

• emg88
                            X-N.E.R.D.
                            • May 2006

You know, we only need one more to start a DE, MD & PA Chapter

Comment

• kgf3076
                              Fine Food & Elegant Wines Devotee.
                              • Oct 2006

Ken,

Planning on going up for any of the drives or the "Gathering". If not we'll have to get together down here.

Tom
                              Thought you were talking to me Tom for a second there...this is going to get confusing...but glad you guys are considering starting a chapter in the Philly area.

Comment

• Len44
                                S2KCA Life Member
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by emg88 View Post
                                You know, we only need one more to start a DE, MD & PA Chapter
                                Well, hell, count me in! I am not about to be one to hold up formation of a local chapter!

BTW, Ed, I didn't realize you could be such a nag!!! {jk]
                                Len

'06 Suzuka Blue

Comment

• emg88
                                  X-N.E.R.D.
                                  • May 2006

Just ask Joann!
                                  Originally posted by Len44 View Post
                                  Well, hell, count me in! I am not about to be one to hold up formation of a local chapter!

BTW, Ed, I didn't realize you could be such a nag!!! {jk]

Comment

• emg88
                                    X-N.E.R.D.
                                    • May 2006

OK! It looks like we have 5 interested people.
                                    BUT,
                                    We have a problem. Chapter members must be
                                    members of S2KCA. I think we can overcome this.

If we can persuade some of the forum guest to join S2KCA we can get the Chapter Officially Started.

Can people lurk the forum with out membership? Yes
                                    Can they take part in events? No
                                    Can they make long lasting friends without the events and drives? No
                                    Can they receive discounts from sponsors for parts and services? No

Score = 1-Yes *** 3- No

It's clear you must join S2KCA!
                                    Last edited by emg88; 07-01-2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• davez
                                      Forum Guest
                                      • Jun 2007

I'm in MD and sorta interested, but with VA being right next door it kinda sucks that they're a separate chapter (i.e. a DC, MD, VA chapter would be cool). Then again I guess PA and DE are right next to NJ too and NJ's a separate chapter...

Comment

• emg88
                                        X-N.E.R.D.
                                        • May 2006

Dave I hear you!
                                        Remember it's NY/NJ. BUT, the area was originally supposed to be DE, MD, PA and South Jersey. There a quite few members in South Jersey. Since we could not get anyone to step up as the Chapter Director and could not organize the area, the South Jersey members wanted someplace to belong. If we get this chapter going my guess is the South Jersey members will join that group. I have someone I am talking to about taking the reins on this chapter.

The NJ /NY Chapter met with the VA/WV Chapter last week in MD. So if we can drive there and they can drive up to our drives ( which they have) so can DE, MD and PA. There is no rules saying you can't belong to both. We have 2 members from VA/WV that are members of the NJ/NY Chapter. I see no reason why we couldn't do joint drives or meets. It gives everyone different destinations and develops long term friendships like the ones we made with VA/WV.
                                        There really is no risk here so if you are interested, we can get this chapter started. You would be one of the charter members.

Originally posted by davez View Post
                                        I'm in MD and sorta interested, but with VA being right next door it kinda sucks that they're a separate chapter (i.e. a DC, MD, VA chapter would be cool). Then again I guess PA and DE are right next to NJ too and NJ's a separate chapter...

Comment

Working...
                                        X