Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine Seacoast Adventure (June 2022) - Make Your Hotel Reservations NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Seacoast Adventure (June 2022) - Make Your Hotel Reservations NOW!

Some of you know already that Roseanne and I are going to Maine this summer and have organized a scenic driving tour there. It will be much like the Black Hills Rally 2021 was, but this time in Maine, with some seacoast as well as interior drives, and will include views of lighthouses instead of carved presidents' heads on a mountain side. Other than that, same! Plenty of fun, awesome scenery, and good times. We have chosen one of the more popular times of the year to go to this location, so I suggest you make your reservations before the hotel fills up (and it definitely will fill up).

The routes are all set and Gene (jukngene) will be out there early doing some last minute scouting before we all meet up to enjoy the natural wonders of coastal Maine, June 29th through July 2nd. We are excited for the adventures with friends both new and old.

Get in touch with me for details.

———
    Too far away? We'll do it all over again, but in Seattle in September (and hopefully not Sleepless). The Pacific Northwest Adventure is coming!
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Hope you have a good time. The Maine coast is gorgeous and don't forget to indulge in some of that great lobstah (in my best down-East accent).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
    Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
    Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Need info. I know you're doing this outside of S2KCA, which is fine. Thanks for including the S2KCA community.

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
        ...going to Maine this summer and have organized a scenic driving tour there. It will be much like the Black Hills Rally 2021...
        So far for the Maine Seacoast Adventure, we have California, Delaware, Texas, and Manitoba represented. I know that will increase and it's going to be a very pleasant tour.

It will be great to go see several different regions this year. So many new places to visit and experience!
        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
        The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Life is far too short to spend it sitting around hoping fun things and Adventures will find you. Go look for them! Or better yet, create them yourself. If you don't, one day you'll wake up and find that the window of opportunity has passed and it's too late. -Also Me

Comment

Yep! This one will be part of a cross Canada tour for Rachel and I this summer. East Coast in July and West Coast in September.
          We have two years of road trips to catch up on.
          S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
            So far for the Maine Seacoast Adventure, we have California, Delaware, Texas, and Manitoba represented.
            Add Maryland to that list.

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Life is far too short to spend it sitting around hoping fun things and Adventures will find you. Go look for them! Or better yet, create them yourself. If you don't, one day you'll wake up and find that the window of opportunity has passed and it's too late. -Also Me

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
              Yep! This one will be part of a cross Canada tour for Rachel and I this summer. East Coast in July and West Coast in September.
              We have two years of road trips to catch up on.
              That sounds really cool. Looking forward to hearing all about your journeys.
              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

If you have not yet registered for the Maine Seacoast Adventure and reserved your room, please do so as soon as possible.
                Private message me on the forum for links to registration and for hotel information.

This is the start of the busy season, so if you don't act fast, then you may miss out on this epic Adventure.

S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

My wife Anne and I go to Maine yearly the first week of August for her family reunion. We go to Pine Point on the coast above Old Orchard Beach, a favorite place for her family for generations. Old Orchard Beach is a bit off the beaten track on the coast between Kennebunkport and Portland. It has a great beach and pier with an amusement park. Lots of shops and the feel of an East Coast Santa Cruz. Like I said it's a bit out of the way but an easy side trip if you're going up the coast on Highway 9.
                  2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                    If you have not yet registered for the Maine Seacoast Adventure and reserved your room, please do so as soon as possible.
                    Private message me on the forum for links to registration and for hotel information.

This is the start of the busy season, so if you don't act fast, then you may miss out on this epic Adventure.

Bump!
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Roseanne...sadly, we will not be coming to this event. We are going to a family gathering in Ontario, Canada.

Comment

Sadly, I won't be able to make this. I"m sure Jason has a lot of good things planned.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
                        Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
                        Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Good morning folks
                          MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post
                            Roseanne...sadly, we will not be coming to this event. We are going to a family gathering in Ontario, Canada.
                            Please be sure to cancel your event registration. Respond to the confirmation email which you received when you registered. If you don't have that email handy, reach out to [email protected]. That's the best way to let the people doing all the organizing know.
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I think we will have to pass. Mary Rose is getting a new hip May 10 and we have a wedding to attend in Pittsburgh July 2. We hope to get our S up to Maine one day soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Paterjim View Post
                                ... Mary Rose is getting a new hip May 10 and we have a wedding to attend in Pittsburgh July 2. ...
                                I don't know how long it takes to recover from hip replacement, but I hope everything goes well and she is able to dance at the wedding. Maybe avoid doing The Bump, though.
                                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

So far for the Maine Seacoast Adventure, we have California, Delaware, Texas, and Manitoba represented. I know that will increase and it's going to be a very pleasant tour.

It will be great to go see several different regions this year. So many new places to visit and experience!
                                  Woohoo! This is going to be so fun. I've never been to Maine despite growing up on the east coast and having traveled to or through most of the states on the eastern seaboard. I'm very much looking forward to this. In the meantime I'm watching every documentary and travel guide I can find about Acadia NP and the surrounding areas.

STATES AND PROVINCES REPRESENTED SO FAR:

California
                                  Delaware
                                  Manitoba
                                  Maryland
                                  Massachusetts
                                  Michigan
                                  Texas

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Bump!

This kind of Adventure is what every enthusiast looks for in a car club. An evening happy hour on arrival day followed by three days of planned drives and carefully curated scenic tours for the driving enthusiast, and the event is free!

Our passion for finding the most fun roads really drives us to create epic Adventures. So many hours have been spent on research, pouring over maps, reading about local interests, and watching so many tour videos from both the pros and amateur vloggers.

We have done all the research so you don't have to. All you do is make your room reservations, register for the event, prep your car, and pack your bag. But most of all, don't forget to bring your sense of Adventure! See you in Maine!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSA-OverdriveAdventures.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	431.4 KB
ID:	1685038

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220511-094201_Chrome.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1685099
                                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                                      X