• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tripleblacks2k
    Forum Guest
    • May 2007

kinda loud crack

This has happened to me once or twice already but when i have the top down for say three hours....i will put it back up for rain or parking etc......well yestarday i put it up....a little while later i pinned it in first and during my shift to second when i let out the clutch i heard a loud crack from behind my head....i know its form the soft top and its done this before....it operates perfectly fine and has yet to leak a single drop....and makes no noises while being operated...it only makes the noise when i recently put it up and then i floor it....i did'nt completely dump the clutch but just enough to almost squeak the tires into second....but is it bad that it makes a slightly loud crack?, does the happen to others?
  • gomarlins3
    I call her Stiletto.
    • Jun 2004

Check to see if your spare tire is tightened down. I keep some things in there and they shift around and make noises sometimes. It sounds like it comes from the soft top area, but I can tell by the sounds it's the jack hitting the wheel in the spare well.
    Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
    After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Working...
    X