Honda S2000 Parking Lot Drift Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda S2000 Parking Lot Drift Video

this guys tries his take at parking lot drifting. Enjoy!
    total Noob
    48.00%
    slow starter, room for improvement
    24.00%
    displays knowledge, but needs practice
    12.00%
    has skills, but needs fine-tuning
    4.00%
    get to the track already
    20.00%

Cause there's nothing better than a blown differential....

Comment

He's got a ways to go before he does that kind of damage....this is softcore man

Comment

woops didn't notice it was multiple choice. I voted for total noob, but also meant to vote for get to the track now. Get to the track and learn some real skills. I'm also guessing this is you (OP) driving? If you want to start racing your car, look up your local SCCA autocross, or SCCA Time Trials, and get on the track. What your doing there is what 16yr old boys do in daddy's car. Btw I say this with a friendly smile, but stand by the message

As for blowing your diff, not going to happen in this situation. Your on stock tires, with limited grip, the diff can handle that. Its when you move to R-comps or drag radials that you run the risk of breaking things.

Comment

Congrats on the new car! Sure beats that FWD Civic huh? Get to the track before you hurt yourself on a country road.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Where's the "Could give me his tires if he doesn't want them" option?

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

The production quality of the vid is Top Notch! I agree with Goku, do some autocrossing, you'll love it.

Comment

There was drifting in the video? I missed that, all I saw was someone doing donuts in the some parking lot.
                Clif

Audentes Fortunar Juvat

Comment

Yep...that's NOT drifting...that's doing donuts. So much fail....

Comment

Reminds me of the Top Gear segment with the old ladies doing donuts.

Comment

Originally posted by pezjunki View Post
                      The production quality of the vid is Top Notch! I agree with Goku, do some autocrossing, you'll love it.
                      Much appreciated!

www.svmediaproductions.com for lots more S2000 videos.

And yes, i will be heading to the track very soon to film the feature for S2000 Drift...i'll be sure to re-post in this forum when its ready. Until then, thank you to all for watching and leaving a comment. I'm always open to constructive critisicsm!

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                        Reminds me of the Top Gear segment with the old ladies doing donuts.
                        HA HA...That was funny!!

Comment

I have a friend who drifts (about to go pro), and he tells me that the S2000 is very difficult to drift since the car is designed to stick in the curves instead of breaking loose. So my hat's off to the OP for trying.

Comment

Stick in the curves? NONSENSE!!! It's RWD, so it must be an awesome drifter. Right?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by tonybell_57 View Post
                              I have a friend who drifts (about to go pro), and he tells me that the S2000 is very difficult to drift since the car is designed to stick in the curves instead of breaking loose. So my hat's off to the OP for trying.
                              Correct. The S2000 is not a drift car. It was not designed with drifting in mind. It is a corner carving car. From a technical standpoint, the car does not have the maximum steering angle required to maintain a show-worthy drift, nor does it have the torque/power to maintain the angle through long, sweeping turns.
                              Reference the RSR S2000 drift car. The steering rack was swapped with an RX7, along with a laundry list of other modifications.

That being said, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by R_W View Post
                                ...nor does it have the torque/power to maintain the angle through long, sweeping turns.
                                This is interesting to hear someone else say. I have a 350Z in GT5 that I am using as my drift car, but it didn't work very well until after I added all of the possible power modifications. Now it isn't too bad and it is much easier to be able to maintain drift angles through the longer corners.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post
                                  This is interesting to hear someone else say. I have a 350Z in GT5 that I am using as my drift car, but it didn't work very well until after I added all of the possible power modifications. Now it isn't too bad and it is much easier to be able to maintain drift angles through the longer corners.
                                  Realistically, the 350Z isn't too bad out of the box. The biggest problem with them is all of the electronic nannies that you turn off, the car tells you they are turned off, but they still jump in... Their weight is a bit of an issue as well, but that is easily remedied. The torque / power is adequate to get the job done and would make an acceptable (if not a bit pricey by comparison) starter drift car, IMO.

Comment

Ah just give your s2k 500whp and she'll drift just fine

Comment

Before I read the post my first thought was that this person does not understand the difference between drifting and donuts.

After reading the thread, I agree that the S is too well balanced and lacks the torque needed to be a "drifting machine" (except maybe in the wet?).
                                      sigpic

P.S. I have driven an S in Hawaii, but it wasn't mine. Does that count?

Comment

Rating your ability here.

While you understand that there is a need to counter steer, all your donuts are very slow speeds. You didnt try to drift it around the lamp poles or around the dirt for a lap or 2 around it. You didnt have some speed and do a drift around anything. If you want to try real drifting though, try it on track and try it at faster speeds than here. Doing real drifting in the s2000 is possible but extremely difficult, the stock spring rates are too soft for it mostly IMO, and the diff brings you back to center really quickly.

Next video drift around that piece of grass maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                        X