Honda S2000 Parking Lot Drift Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 /\

I agree with everyone here. Those are donuts. You should practice in the rain going around one specific parking space while keeping the tail out (with no large stationary objects nearby). Also, the slower speeds should make it easier to learn. I love to slide in the rain in parking lots because I'm cheap (easy on tires/drivetrain) and it requires far less torque. I'll go around islands, light poles, make a circuit out of it. Safely of course. The s is perfectly good at sliding, but it takes more control than a 350z (recently sold my z to get an s), which would easily stay out in second gear.

Oh yeah- take it to the track, if you really want to learn a ton in one day.

Comment

I have one recommendation, do NOT make a wet track day into a drift day, just trust me. If it is dry, give it a shot, but when it is wet, forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by tonybell_57 View Post
        I have a friend who drifts (about to go pro), and he tells me that the S2000 is very difficult to drift since the car is designed to stick in the curves instead of breaking loose. So my hat's off to the OP for trying.
        thanks. much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by rigid 9 View Post
          +1 /\

I agree with everyone here. Those are donuts. You should practice in the rain going around one specific parking space while keeping the tail out (with no large stationary objects nearby). Also, the slower speeds should make it easier to learn. I love to slide in the rain in parking lots because I'm cheap (easy on tires/drivetrain) and it requires far less torque. I'll go around islands, light poles, make a circuit out of it. Safely of course. The s is perfectly good at sliding, but it takes more control than a 350z (recently sold my z to get an s), which would easily stay out in second gear.

Oh yeah- take it to the track, if you really want to learn a ton in one day.
          Good advice man! Gonna do just that!!

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
            Reminds me of the Top Gear segment with the old ladies doing donuts.
            1. Now, that was funny!

Comment

:rolf:

Comment

:WTF: them tires ain't cheap! Ya feel me?

Comment

Originally posted by camoy View Post
                  There was drifting in the video? I missed that, all I saw was someone doing donuts in the some parking lot.
                  Originally posted by RedCelica View Post
                  Yep...that's NOT drifting...that's doing donuts. So much fail....
                  I agree, any MORON can throw donuts in a parking lot. Get on a track or do an autocross. I would definitely stay away from mountain drives if that is all you have.
                  Good Luck, I hope to see this car on the road a few years from now instead of at the salvage auction!

Comment

Id 10 t

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that makes many people think ALL S2000 owners are Asshats!

Comment

Working...
                    X