Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything you folks want added

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anything you folks want added

    We have a Board of Directors meeting this Sunday and although I don't think I will be of the track in time to call in, I am submitting this to the meeting. Would you like to add anything?


    Central Coast Cruisers= snoozeville.


    Pacific Northwest Chapter-
    - still making plans and routes to S2KDays
    - June drive- North Cascades Loop Trip set for 6/11- 7 signed up now
    - Couple of July events in the works. More on that next month.



    SF Bay S2KCA Chapter-
    - Hollister-Monterey Drive (Pinnacles) happened on 5/1/11. 400+ miles covered. Pictures can be found here: https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthre...t=39249&page=3

    Still getting the Fall Lake Tahoe Drive on Oct 1st and 2nd set up.

    - There is even talk of a Canadian Grand Prix Party on June 12th.
    Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

    "Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

    I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
    After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

  • #2

    Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post

    We have a Board of Directors meeting this Sunday and although I don't think I will be of the track in time to call in, I am submitting this to the meeting. Would you like to add anything?


    How about getting more members in the San Francisco/North Bay area to register with the site?





    Comment


    • #3
      ^ I meant to be included in the report.

      More members would be nice, but with the car not being sold any longer it will take people buying used ones who want to be more involved with the car other than just using it for transportation. New owners will be fewer and fewer I am afraid.
      Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

      "Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

      I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
      After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just a couple of items scheduled for July. A Mt. Rainier trip and a tech session at Griot's Garage for interior care and wax/polish. The North Cascades Loop trip went well. Tunneau cover was on until (literally) the last 5 minutes, when it started raining hard. Great scenery and a couple of nice wineries to boot!
        sigpic
        Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!


        Comment


        • #5
          I added those to this month's report:
          https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=39930
          Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

          "Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

          I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
          After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

          Comment


          • #6

            Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post

            ^ I meant to be included in the report.

            More members would be nice, but with the car not being sold any longer it will take people buying used ones who want to be more involved with the car other than just using it for transportation. New owners will be fewer and fewer I am afraid.



            That's a good point, seeing as how the car is no longer produced and sold, new owners will be zero. As far as older/used S's, there will some. I don't see how this issue can stop S2KCA from recruiting new members to the site, when the area I'm referring to is the San Francisco Bay Area, San Francisco in particular.

            S2K's are ALL OVER San Francisco. New S2K sales are irrelevent to the fact that these cars are already out there, and I'm sure a large percentage of these owners are sports car enthusiasts just like you and I. I usually see at least 5-10 S's in the city when I go there, and I always see S's on 101 in between San Francisco and Napa pretty much everyday.

            I just don't see why there are not more members from the Bay Area?




            Comment


            • #7
              Some thoughts on the membership numbers issue. When I owned a Morgan, I was a member of a club that covered Oregon, Washington, BC, and Alberta, plus a few owners in Idaho. There is no Morgan equivalent to S2KCA. Instead, there are separate clubs scattered around the country. The Northwest club has about 150 members. Morgan owners tend to seek out other Morgan owners and clubs to join. That said, the number of ACTIVE members was much lower. In some cases that was because their Morgan was off the road for one reason or another. In other cases, they were simply not willing to drive their Morgans too far to participate in an event. In the year that Morgan celebrated its centenary, we had 50 odd Morgans at an all British car show in Vancouver, BC. On the other hand, many of the runs attracted fewer than 10. A run where we had 15 - 20 was big.

              I suspect the difference is that many people who buy S2000s don't seek out other owners and a club to join. Some who are spotted and invited will probably join and are probably more likely to participate. Our cars are much more comfortable and reliable to drive than Morgans. The encouraging thing is that I almost always get a wave when I see another S going by the other direction. So most of us identify with each other through the car, even if we don't have the strong herd instinct of Morgan owners.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Racer Dude View Post




                That's a good point, seeing as how the car is no longer produced and sold, new owners will be zero. As far as older/used S's, there will some. I don't see how this issue can stop S2KCA from recruiting new members to the site, when the area I'm referring to is the San Francisco Bay Area, San Francisco in particular.

                S2K's are ALL OVER San Francisco. New S2K sales are irrelevent to the fact that these cars are already out there, and I'm sure a large percentage of these owners are sports car enthusiasts just like you and I. I usually see at least 5-10 S's in the city when I go there, and I always see S's on 101 in between San Francisco and Napa pretty much everyday.

                I just don't see why there are not more members from the Bay Area?



                Unfortunately, a lot of people who join the forums have not joined the S2KCA as club members. This would be a great opportunity for you to join the club and further promote the S2KCA in the San Francisco area.
                S2KDays Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016 | Fredericksburg, TX 2017 | SoCal, CA 2018 | Gettysburg, PA 2019

                Rose Mary
                Casselton, ND

                Comment


                • #9
                  Another random thought on participation. While having 50 or more cars at a car show is great, having a large number on a group drive can be a problem. It was tough enough finding parking places for six cars in Leavenworth and Winthrop last weekend, and some of the scenic overlooks would not have accommodated many more than we had.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good points on the tours Tom. That's the main reason I usually limit my tours to 10. I had to lead a group of over 25 in Vegas for S2KDays. It was an impossible task. Even 10 can be difficult. Last year's Yellowstone tour showed how big a problem that could be.
                    As for membership. Many will join the club, but for one reason or another, just don't come out for the meets or drives.
                    Last edited by The Mangonel; 06-18-2011, 05:16 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have passed out over 25 cards to other S2000 owners whether straight to their hand or left on their car over the past three years and I think only one of those has actually signed up on the site. I also have left S2KCA brochures at both of my local Honda dealers and we haven't had ANYONE sign up from those that I know of. We can only do so much and lead them to the site.
                      Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

                      "Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

                      I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
                      After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
                        I have passed out over 25 cards to other S2000 owners whether straight to their hand or left on their car over the past three years and I think only one of those has actually signed up on the site. I also have left S2KCA brochures at both of my local Honda dealers and we haven't had ANYONE sign up from those that I know of. We can only do so much and lead them to the site.
                        You can lead a horse, etc. So treasure the friends we have in the club and who participate in activities. We had a great time on the North Cascades Highway run and really enjoyed each others company as well as the drives.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X