Mt Rainier Drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Rainier Drive

Checking to see if anyone is interested in making the drive through Mt Rainier Nat'l Park on Aug 31st (Tues). Meet @ the Fred Meyer Parking lot, located @ 20904 HWY 410 Bonney Lake. Leave Time 0915. Travel E/on 410, enter the Park via the East entrance. Make stops @ Sunrise & Paradise (along with anywhere else you see fit) eventually exiting the Park via the West exit.
    Last edited by Bart; 08-23-2017, 02:14 PM. Reason: Refer to post# 7

Sorry Bart, I'm out of circulation for a while. Attending a funeral on that day, and then getting ready to go to England to see my brothers - won't be back home till Nov 1. Darn, wish I could have made it. Sounds like a good drive.
    Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Darn Bart! I just made camping reservations for the 27th and 28th. Won't be home until the 29th. How about a day or two later?
      sigpic
      Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

The date is flexible. Let's wait until the 23rd & see if anyone else is interested before changing the 'drive' date. Ray, would the 31st work for you? Mo, Have a great trip & be safe!

Comment

31st would work for me.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Bart
            sounds like fun but we will be out of town at the end of the month. Hope you guys go and have a safe and enjoyable drive.
            Ron and Gail
            sigpic

Comment

*Date Change (from the 29th to the 31st)*........The 'Plan' remains the same but due to prior commitments, scheduling conflicts & an apparent lack of interest, the date has been changed. Hopefully the weather forecast doesn't change!

Comment

I think that'll work for me. Should be in between camping trips.
                sigpic

Comment

Returned from camping at Belfair S.P. today. Don't go camping again until Sunday or Monday. So I plan on being there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Bob and I will be there.

Comment

Wow! What a perfect day for a long drive. Tops down all day long. I didn't get home until 8:15 in the evening. Weather was perfect at Sunrise, and the parking was fairly open. Not so at Paradise. The weather may have been perfect, but with all the construction, there was NO parking. That's okay. We still had a great stop in Steven's canyon and a great drive out. Took the LOOOOOOOOng way home. Great day for back country roads all the way home. Thanks for scheduling this Bart. For those who missed it---na, na, na, na! Hopefully I can get the time to figure out how to post some pics. The cars were matched for the Dutch flag according to a tourist we talked to. (I'll let you figure out what colors the 3 were!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                        Hopefully I can get the time to figure out how to post some pics.
                        Sounds like an awesome day!

For posting pics, here ya go. It's even easier if the pics are on your phone because you can just post straight from there.
                        https://www.s2kca.com/forum/public-f...pload-an-image
                        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                        California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                        https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

Comment

So.... where are those pics?!!!! As for the colours...... RayWhite, PamBlue, BartYellow
                          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X