No announcement yet.

Who's going to S2Kdays?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I check in to the Hotel on Fri Jun 29 and check out Wed Jul 6.
    I am doing Disney on Sat Jun 30 with a good friend from Calgary.
    I would love to convoy down the west coast, but depending on other people's plans, I may have to break off on the last-but-one day and hightail it to the Hotel by Fri Jun 29. Needless to say, I will maximize the number of days with the convoy.
    Wow, can't miss a convoy that includes Bob/Rachel, Peter/Ursula, Ron/Gail, Ray/Donna..... hope we can all convoy down.
    Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

We'll probably be heading down the coast and returning via I-5..

Comment

We have a room booked. We will be staying with Sue's parents (Anaheim Hills) at some point either before or after. No real summer plans yet, which is odd for me.
        Last edited by gomarlins3; 04-17-2018, 09:27 PM.
        Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
        After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

I'll (probably) be there but will be staying with friends.
          Upcoming events:

Dragon Fall Run 2018 - September 12-16 at the Dragon. Register HERE!

Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration IS Open. You can register HERE!.
          All presented by: The Double Dragon Group, LLC

"There is nothing in this world more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
          Martin Luther King
          2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
          2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

Comment

Ursula and I have a Hotel Reservation from June 30. 2018 to July 7. 2018.
            We would like to take the scenic inland route via Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park and Crater Lake on the way back.
            S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
            Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Originally posted by my Happy Place View Post
              Ursula and I have a Hotel Reservation from June 30. 2018 to July 7. 2018.
              We would like to take the scenic inland route via Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park and Crater Lake on the way back.
              I would like to tag along with you two on the way back, but need to confirm..... are you checking out on Jul 7th or July 8th? At the moment I am checking out on Jul 6, but will change as necessary.
              Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

We are checking out Saturday July 7th and our initial travel plans include a basic Route 66 return and North through the interior. Once you hit Albuquerque heading North the best parts of Route 66 are behind you.

Oatman Topcock Hwy.jpg
                Google maps shows a nice twisty Hwy 10 (historic 66) paved road fromTopcock to Oatman and then 66 on to Kingman and Seligman. If some of you remember we visited Seligman on a trip with Ray in 2012. I was hoping to see more of Route 66 back then and this will be our opportunity.
                Last edited by s2kbobby; 01-09-2018, 08:20 PM. Reason: grammar and grampar edits

Comment

Possibly interested in tagging along, at least part of the way back East! Subscribing.
                  Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
                  2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                    We are checking out Saturday July 7th and our initial travel plans include a basic Route 66 return and North through the interior. Once you hit Albuquerque heading North the best parts of Route 66 are behind you.Do

Oatman Topcock Hwy.jpg
                    Google maps shows a nice twisty Hwy 10 (historic 66) paved road fromTopcock to Oatman and then 66 on to Kingman and Seligman. If some of you remember we visited Seligman on a trip with Ray in 2012. I was hoping to see more of Route 66 back then and this will be our opportunity.
                    Do not miss Oatman to Seligman with a stop at both as well we suggest you do the Grand Canyon Caverns along the way Well worth the time
                    sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post

I would like to tag along with you two on the way back, but need to confirm..... are you checking out on Jul 7th or July 8th? At the moment I am checking out on Jul 6, but will change as necessary.
                      Check-out is planned for July 7. 2018
                      S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                      Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Change of route plans!
                        Rachel and I have decided to take a more inland route to S2KDays, covering some territory we have not seen before.
                        We expect to pop out of the mountains somewhere South of San Fran.

Comment

You should hit up Reno, Tahoe, and Virginia City.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                            You should hit up Reno, Tahoe, and Virginia City.
                            We're going through Reno to quickly visit the Donner Pass then down the West side of Lake Tahoe and along the escarpment for a while before crossing the mountains.
                            Do tell, what is the attraction of Virginia City?

Comment

I went through Donner Pass on the way back from Hood River. It was already dark when we drove through, so a return during daylight will need to be done. I think you will enjoy that route.
                              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
                              | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Donner Pass... good thing it will be summer time. Pack plenty of food.
                                *************************************************
                                -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                                California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                                https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

*************************************************

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Working...
                                X