S2k4fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2k4fun

It is with a heavy heart that I tell everyone that Ron passed away on Tuesday Jan. 28th.He has been battling pancreatic cancer the past 4 years. I talked to Gail yesterday and she wanted me to pass the word that there will be a memorial service for him on Feb. 17th at 11:00 at St. Rose Catholic Church. Address is 2571 Nichols Blvd in Longview 98632. She would like to invite everyone to her house afterwards also. We had many good times with Ron and Gail and will miss him a lot.

Oh my gosh, this is terrible news! I've enjoyed chatting with Ron and Gail very much at past S2KDays. He was a very nice man with a great sense of humor and a real humility that spoke to his wonderful character. Very sad that he has left us.

RIP Ron. You will be missed.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Very sad. Sorry for her loss.
      Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
      After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Thank you for sharing that great picture. Gail will really appreciate it.

Comment

This is very sad news. I will miss traveling with Ron. He was a good spirited person.

Is there something we can do to express our remembrances? Do you know if he had a favorite charity we could donate to in his name? And is there anything we can do for Gail?
            -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
            -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
            -Randy Pausch

Comment

I will check with Gail about a favorite charity. I have offered my help to Gail and she said she is OK for now. I will get back about a favorite charity.

Comment

My condolences to Gail and any family and all friends. I enjoyed Ron’s company and friendliness the times that I got to be with him. I am very saddened to hear this news. I’m not close, yet if there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed traveling with Ron. He was always happy and a positive influence to all around him. He will be missed!

If there is anything we can do, please don’t hesitate to ask.
                  S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Ron will be missed by all who knew him. He was a good friend. I really enjoyed meeting him at our local meets and S2KDays. He was always positive and happy. We will especially miss him in the Pacific Northwest Chapter. Many of us knew of his cancer, but he never made a big deal of it. We'll miss you Ron.
                    sigpic
                    Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

Ron was an integral member of the S2KCA Gran Turismo racing group. He and his positive, kind spirit will be deeply missed.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

My condolences to his family. Losing a member of the S2000 family always hurts.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        In 1912, a law passed in Nebraska where drivers in the country at night were required to stop every 150 yards, send up a skyrocket, and wait eight minutes for the road to clear before proceeding cautiously, all the while blowing their horn and shooting off flares.

Comment

Devastated! Ron/Gail are good friends. I've convoyed with them to multiple S2KDays, many other drives, and met up many times over the last 5 years.
                          Ron was truly a selfless person, humble, polite, soft-spoken, and respectful. He fought so hard and for so long - what courage, what determination and positive attitude!
                          For those of you who know my passion for Prime Rib, Ron made the best prime rib.
                          My best memories of Ron will be the four days I spent with him in Kentucky at the S2KDays - he flew in and we shared the drives in my S.
                          My heartfelt condolence to Gail and their children.
                          May God keep his soul in peace.
                          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

This is Gail. Thanks to all for your kind words. He fought the long fight for almost 8 years, and we enjoyed every precious minute we had. Somebody asked what they could do? in typical Ron style, he'd prefer a donation to Community Home Health and Hospice in Longview, or the Longview St Vincents food bank. We Volunteered to the food bank and it was one of his greatest pastimes this last year, and Hospice was hospice: kind, empathetic , and a big help in keeping him home where he wanted. I hope to see you all again, but may have to have Jason or Roseann help set me up on my own. Thank you all again. And if anyone is planning to attend the memorial and still has their S, please drive it as an honor guard for him. Our 2 will be there.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S2K4fun View Post
                              This is Gail.
                              -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                              The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
                              -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
                              -Randy Pausch

Comment

I’m not sure if we can make it for the memorial, yet if not, we’ll be there in spirit. Where and when is the service?

Comment

Memorial is at St. Rose Catholic church in Longview. I put the address in my first post up top. It is at 11:00

Comment

I plan on being there if I don't get called out of state before then.
                                    sigpic
                                    Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

It was a sad day when I received the word regarding Ron's passing. A very polite and unselfish man who allowed Ursula and myself to stay at their home on several ocasions on our way south.
                                      We are planning to attend the Church Service and I will be glad to drive my "S".
                                      S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                                      Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

We will miss Ron. Our thoughts are with you.
                                        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                                        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                                        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Working...
                                        X