PNW Pre-trip photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW Pre-trip photos

Donna was gone today, so instead of sitting around bored I decided to pre-trip a drive I've been thinking about. So here's the photos of the eventual end of the trip:

The most Northwestern parking lot in the lower 48!

The trail to Cape Flattery.

The view.

More view.

So I'll have to start thinking about this one. Found out that the entire trip was doable in the S. And a good portion of Hwy 112 is "interesting."
    Last edited by The Mangonel; 09-22-2014, 11:23 AM.

Looks magnificent. I'm "listening".

Comment

hey Ray.....thats the first time I have ever saw your S with the top UP. Looks good. and Nice pics.

Comment

I am listening too!
        Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Believe it or not, me three!

Comment

Ray, are you thinking about this for next year's run? Sounds great. Each time I do that trip, I see more and more beautiful sights and this part of the drive is something we haven't done before. Besides, I'd like to finish the last one without having to do an emergency return to Canada at Port Angeles.

Comment

Well, there seems to be some interest, so next year is a probable definite for this trip. Probably turn it into a two day trip. And if you really want to salivate early, check out this video of part of the drive:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-48...D822D4qedNaOwA
              My Evil Chipmunk was really enjoying the drive too!

Comment

Ray, you need to make your video public or semi-private. We can't see it.

Comment

Oops! Try again Dave. It should be public now.

Comment

If I'm not pushing up daisies or pushing out "stones", I'm in. That looked magnificent.

Comment

When will this be? Nadine and I will be out there for 3 - 4 weeks next summer as a preview to moving out there for good.

Comment

I haven't set it up yet Tony. I was thinking of early in the season though. Around May probably, but I'm flexible. Do you know when you'll be out here yet? We can always plan it as a "Welcome to the PNW" party!

Comment

"...Probable definite..." along with the video has definitely slid me to the edge of my seat. As long as it doesn't clash with S2KDays (to which I am planning to drive, after having retired from work), I'm in.
                          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                            I haven't set it up yet Tony. I was thinking of early in the season though. Around May probably, but I'm flexible. Do you know when you'll be out here yet? We can always plan it as a "Welcome to the PNW" party!
                            Ray, we're planning on being in the area from July 1 to July 29. so any weekend during that time works for me. If it needs to be sooner, then maybe we can just plan a weekend drive of the area while we're there.

Nadine and I are driving out from Atlanta on 6/26. We're allowing 5 days to get there. Then we'll be departing on 7/30 heading back to Atlanta. I'll be working out of the Bothell office while I'm there.

Comment

Hello Ray, we are also most interested since we live so close. We would probably tag along with Mo. We haven`t been in that area for over 30 years.
                              S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                              Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

I'll see about setting this trip up for May. Tony, we'll have to schedule something for July when you two are out here. We won't let you get away without some kind of meet! I know this place that sells geoduck burgers and........

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                                  I'll see about setting this trip up for May. Tony, we'll have to schedule something for July when you two are out here. We won't let you get away without some kind of meet! I know this place that sells geoduck burgers and........
                                  Check the snow in the Roger's Pass. If too early, I won't be able to get across the mountains easily. I may have to come out in July, too.

Comment

Working...
                                  X