April meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April meeting

April is TULIP festival month. Since the tulips will be blooming early this year we have scheduled our April meeting for the 11th. We will meet at the Farmhouse Restaurant, 13724 La Conner-Whitney Rd and SR20 Mount Vernon, at 11:30 AM. We have reservations for ten (10) people, but that can be adjusted when we know how many will be coming. so let me know.

If you are going to use the Pt. Townsend - Coupville ferry you should make your reservations early. Allow about an hour from the ferry to the Farmhouse.

Many of the fields can be viewed from the roads, however I don't know how many of the fields will still be in bloom. There are two companies that have entrance fees, but they make sure they have gardens in bloom. And there are other activities. Check http://www.visitskagitvalley.com/upc...ulip-festival/ for details.

After seeing the tulips we might take a drive on SR 11, the Chuckanut Drive, which goes up to Bellingham and is considered one to the prettiest drives in WA. Or we might go to Little Mountain Park in Mount Vernon where there are 2 overlooks where you can see the Skagit Valley and the tulip fields.

Weather permitting I will be attending the Meeting and hopefully also be able to smell the flowers.
    S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
    Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Donna and I have done the Tulip festival several times. I hope we get some good weather and that the tulips are still there. They are very early this year. We already have some blooming in my area. But you can't beat the view of huge fields of tulips, all in one color. However, to smell them you'll have to bring your own smelly stuff! Tulips just don't have an aroma (that I can detect anyhow.)

Comment

Make your reservation on the 9:30 ferry. Good tides and good timing to get to the Farmhouse Restaurant.
        I'm planning on having breakfast at Sweet Laurette around 8, they have this lemon-blueberry dutch pancake I'm dying to try.
        NWRD

Drink coffee…. do stupid things faster & with more energy!!

I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going. Are you coming with me?

Lower 48 states complete.

Time to start over.

Comment

If the weather permits Peter to go, I will ride shotgun with him, and smell the roses (er tulips) along the way. Otherwise I will come in my "other" car - my S won't be ready to drive until late April.
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Reservations made for 9:30 P.T. ferry. We might be driving the CRV since we may have to bring the puppy. Can't leave him locked up all day at home and if we leave him out he will likely eat our house. Thank you to Bart for the reminder.

Comment

Not sure me and Tracey will make it either weather at this time does not look good. I will have to take the day off from work to do this trip and if the weather is not good well I won't waste a vacation day for bad weather Trip. I Will keep a eye out on the weather. Thx
              IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST!

2001 HONDA S2000 SPA YELLOW #47
              2008 PONTIAC SOLSTICE GXP SUMMIT WHITE
              2000 HONDA CIVIC EK
              2009 NISSAN CUBE
              1997 HONDA DEL SOL FACTORY B16 (ONE OF THE VERY LAST MADE)
              2004 DODGE RAM 3500/ 2013 ARTIC FOX CAMPER

Comment

Got my reservations for the 9:30. So Traci, where is Sweet Laurette?

Comment

I'm afraid we are not going to make this one, as much as we would like to. I'm driving in the Daffodil Parade that morning and we are going to the Behind the Badge Foundation annual banquet that evening. Take photos and post them folks.

Comment

By my count we have the following coming for the April Tulip festival:
                    My Happy Place - Peter
                    GLTYFUN - Traci
                    MoS2000 - Mo
                    WShoemaker58 - Bill and Karen
                    The Mangonel - Ray
                    SVPapillon - Steve and Sharon

Please let me know if this is correct by Thursday so that I confirm with the Farmhouse Resturant.

Comment

We are still good to go.

Comment

I am good to go, either shotgun with Peter, or on my own.
                        Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

...just did the oil change ... Ready to go.
                          S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                          Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

I'm in. Rain or shine (or snow or sleet or even sunshine!) By the way, not only did they open the North Cascades highway, but Cayuse pass (hwy 410) is open also. I believe I heard that is the earliest opening ever for hwy 410.

Guess it may be time to begin thinking about a North Cascades Loop trip again.

Comment

was hoping to make this trip but looks like work or rain will win out. Hope there are some tulips still in bloom

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                                Got my reservations for the 9:30. So Traci, where is Sweet Laurette?
                                1029 Lawrence St
                                Port Townsend, WA 98368

And Matt will be riding with me
                                NWRD

Time to start over.

Comment

OOPS! Better check this out before going:
                                  http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...000&tid=494185
                                  Sounds like Saturday's weather is going down hill rapidly. And I believe Mount Vernon is smack dab in the middle of the convergence zone. Don't think I want to take the S over there in this case. The Weather Alert sounds kind of serious. How about we change it to the 18th?
                                  Ferry reservations must be cancelled before 5 PM tomorrow (Friday.)

Comment

Wow, I guess we should figure something out........
                                    Nah.... I might just take the Jeep though.
                                    Last edited by GLTYFUN; 04-10-2015, 01:14 PM.
                                    NWRD

Time to start over.

Comment

We will be at the Farmhouse at 11:30.
                                      If any one is coming north on I5 I would recommend going all the way to SR20 Stay in the left lanes past Mount Vernon.
                                      Or if you can tell that traffic is backing up before you get to Mount Vernon you can use the Conway/ Lake McMurray exit 221, go west over I5. and follow Fir Island Rd. to Best Rd. Turn left on Best Rd. over the river and continue on Best until McLean Rd. Turn left onto McLean and the turn right onto La Conner-Whitney Rd. The Farmhouse will be on the left just before SR 20.

No problem if you don't arrive in a S2000.

Comment

I had started to cancel my reservation, but stopped. What the heck? It's only a car. So I'll be there on the 9:30 ferry. And I'll be driving the Honda! (Odyssey)

Comment

Working...
                                        X