PNW May Trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW May Trip

Hey all, I finally got off my duff and got the hotel set up. So here is the 411:
    30-31 May. Staying at the Dew Drop Inn (remember them?) in Forks, WA. You can call and reserve your room. Their phone number is (360) 374-4055, ask for the S2000 club rooms. They have 8 rooms set up, 2 single beds and 6 double. Standard rates are: single $74, double $84. The guy I talked to said he would talk to the manager about a discount since we've been there before and are taking a lot of their rooms.
    Meeting place will be determined by where everyone is coming across on the ferries. Either Kingston or Port Townsend (or both if necessary.)
    Itinerary:
    Saturday the 30th. We meet up and head up to Port Angeles. Maybe visit Hurricane Ridge. Continue around Crescent Lake to Forks for the night.
    Sunday the 31st. Head back toward Port Angeles but turn off toward Sekiu and the Strait of Juan De' Fuca. When we reach the water we head West to Neah Bay and Cape Flattery. From there we will take a short hike out to the most Northwestern point in the lower 48. After our visit, we will head back toward Port Angeles (along Hwy 112) to Port Angeles and then on to return home.
    There are some great driving roads both days and some really outstanding scenery also. So hope you can come out and enjoy the sunshine!

Locked, loaded, room booked, confirmed.
    Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

I'll get the reservations done tomorrow. Mo, we should talk about the days before and after. Will contact you later. My plans will likely also include travelling with Rob/Rachel and maybe Mike/Fay (if they're up to it by then).

Comment

Yes, lets talk for sure, Dave.
        I believe that Ursula/Peter will be very interested as well - I have alerted him to this thread.
        Wow, if Mike and Fay end up coming, Ray will be surrounded by Canadians!
        Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Reservation made at Dew Drop for Sat. night. Apparently, discounted rate for double (that's all they have left) is $80.00. Mike and Fay are recovering from a severe car accident when they were on vacation near Chicago. Don't know if they will be well enough to travel by then. It was a very bad one.

Comment

Originally posted by repiv View Post
            Reservation made at Dew Drop for Sat. night. Apparently, discounted rate for double (that's all they have left) is $80.00. Mike and Fay are recovering from a severe car accident when they were on vacation near Chicago. Don't know if they will be well enough to travel by then. It was a very bad one.
            Good to know they are recovering.

Comment

Booked the Dew Drop, Saturday nite.
              Also booked Port Angeles Sunday night with Dave at the Uptown Inn. We will leave for Victoria on Monday and tour north there for a bit.

Our initial plans are to drop in to the USA in Saskatchewan and head South to Casper WY, then westward to Burns OR where we head North. We will find a place to spend Friday night in the Tacoma area. I hear Gig Harbour is a regular destination for the PNW crowd. . . Grin!

R&R

Comment

I hope more of the locals are going on this or we Canucks are going to over-run you guys.

Comment

Ray, any thoughts on the meeting point for Saturday morning? Given that Dave and I (and possibly Peter/Ursula) are going to travel down on Friday in leisurely fashion (and Rob/Rachel are going to be ending up near Tacoma on Friday), this might give us all some pointers on where to book into a hotel close by the starting point.

Comment

Since you'll be coming from the North, taking the Coupeville ferry to Pt. Townsend is probably easiest. Rob will be coming from the South, so he has to pass through Silverdale to get up to Pt. Townsend. I'll set up a place to meet Rob locally and then we'll proceed up to Pt. Townsend to meet the rest of you. If we get any of the South Puget Sounders to come along, Rob will be able to meet up with them and then proceed to Silverdale to meet up with me. We can set specifics later. However, you may want to phone in and make reservations on the Coupeville to Pt. Townsend ferry. That way we'll know when to meet up with you.

Comment

From Mission to Coupeville ferry takes about 2.25 hrs, add in time at border, then ferry ride to Pt. Townsend, making 3+ hours. It would be late AM by the time we get there if we leave Sat. morning. Might be better to stay in Pt. Townsend the night before so we don't hold people up?

Comment

Originally posted by my Happy Place
                        Hello all, I just made the reservation at the Inn for May 30. 2015. Ursula and I will be leaving early Saturday morning for the meeting point in Port Townsend.
                        Good to hear you are coming. Gonna be a party!

Comment

Wow! I'm going to go and download an app to translate Canadian right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
                            Wow! I'm going to go and download an app to translate Canadian right now.
                            You just need the following translations, Ray:
                            1. Eh - meaning is "eh" with an inquisitive tone
                            2. Aboot - meaning is "about", just pronounced differently
                            3. Tahger - meaning "tiger", just pronounced differently
                            Oh, and we say "xx beer" regardless of the number - we think just because "deer" is singular AND plural, then "beer" must be the same. So, "one beer", "two beer".
                            Thats aboot it, eh!

Comment

We can't let you be the lone Yank, Ray, but Mel's parents were both Canadian so we're not sure where to count her.
                              I'll have to call tomorrow to see aboot making our reservation, eh. We would obviously meet up with any of the group coming up from south of us.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                                Good to hear you are coming. Gonna be a party!
                                Should we be bringing maple syrup??? Or Cheezies?

Comment

Reservation made. See y'all on the 30th of May.

Comment

Thanks, point noted, we are already considering a Friday departure. The problem is that we are still working full time, tired but not yet retired!
                                    S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                                    Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Originally posted by my Happy Place View Post
                                      Thanks, point noted, we are already considering a Friday departure. The problem is that we are still working full time, tired but not yet retired!
                                      If you are anything like us you will be MORE tired after you are retired. We look at our calendar and wonder how we ever got everything done when we were still working.

Comment

Ooops ... pushed the wrong button ... Yes the reservation is still good and we would like to join you fellows on this trip.
                                        S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                                        Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Working...
                                        X