Cape Flattery Trip Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Flattery Trip Pics

Thoroughly enjoyed the two days with all my S2KCA friends. Weather really cooperated and was great both days. Had some nice roads to drive also. However, it is always nice to get to see your friends again and get updated. So here are a few shots of where we were.

Some of the Group at Hurricane Ridge.

S2KCA Afoot. On the trail from Cape Flattery.

Enjoying the scenery at Cape Flattery. The most NW point in the lower 48.
    Just a taste of where we were and what we saw. Post up your pics of our trip so everyone else can enjoy also.
    Last edited by The Mangonel; 06-01-2015, 08:07 PM.

Thanks again Ray for leading us on a Great weekend Drive. It was Great to see all the people again and look forward to Our next Drive.
    I have pictures to post but need to get permission 1st.

Comment

Got to ferry terminal way too early. Free WiFi, so uploaded a few pics. Besides seeing old friends and meeting new ones, this is the secondary reason for doing this trip. Views from Cape Flattery.

Got vids, too, but can't pull those off camera till I get home.

Comment

You know its a good thing when....... it becomes more about the people than the car! As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed the company of the PNW group, and thanks to Ray for putting this together. My 19-year-old enjoyed it, and now wants me to teach him how to drive a standard. This is good and bad - good 'cause it will open up new sports-car possibilities for him, and bad 'cause I will have to share my S!!! Such is progress, sometimes.
        Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post
          You know its a good thing when....... it becomes more about the people than the car! As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed the company of the PNW group, and thanks to Ray for putting this together. My 19-year-old enjoyed it, and now wants me to teach him how to drive a standard. This is good and bad - good 'cause it will open up new sports-car possibilities for him, and bad 'cause I will have to share my S!!! Such is progress, sometimes.
          Well said.

I taught both my kids to drive on a standard, and they both have the "bug" badly for manuals and convertibles; they are 30 and 35 presently.
          My son took over one of my favorite cars ever one his last year in college: a 1.6 Vtec 1994 del sol convertible, and never gave it back. He now drives an S2000.
          My daughter's husband had to buy her an Infinity G37 Sport 6 spd, 'vert. to keep her happy.

Comment

MO...I taught Ben how to drive the S and glad I did. Its nice once in a while to have someone else drive when the top is down. He only gets to drive it when I am in the car and has to drive it the way I do. He shifts it better than I do now. Plus I really like to see the Smile on his face when he does.
            The drive this weekend was the Best one yet. Thanks again Ray. We are all so Lucky to own or have owned this amazing little car.

Comment

Fun event, and my finger is healing nicely. Here are a few more pics.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUESK277 View Post
                MO...I taught Ben how to drive the S and glad I did. Its nice once in a while to have someone else drive when the top is down. He only gets to drive it when I am in the car and has to drive it the way I do. He shifts it better than I do now. Plus I really like to see the Smile on his face when he does.
                The drive this weekend was the Best one yet. Thanks again Ray. We are all so Lucky to own or have owned this amazing little car.
                I so get what you are saying. I had my S for a couple of years but my son never hardly drove it between being away at college and having his own ride.
                But, when we were shopping for a sports car for him a couple of years ago, we used my S to drive all around to test drive everything.
                He got better at it than me, even "chirping" the tires in 3rd gear once, and I didn't even know that was possible.
                It brought great joy to me to see him driving the S so smoothly, better than I could do, and he ended up, after driving virtually everything, buying a beautiful Rio Pearl Yellow 04 S2000.

Comment

For my friends on this trip who were concerned about the injury to my finger, the stitches came out today and it is healing beautifully. Thanks to all for your concerns and we look forward to our next trip together.

Comment

Originally posted by tukatz View Post
                    For my friends on this trip who were concerned about the injury to my finger, the stitches came out today and it is healing beautifully. Thanks to all for your concerns and we look forward to our next trip together.
                    Excellent! I'm guessing the person who removed the stitches also told you that you may resume using it as an object of expression during bouts of road-rage?
                    Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post
                      Excellent! I'm guessing the person who removed the stitches also told you that you may resume using it as an object of expression during bouts of road-rage?
                      It had way more impact when wrapped in a big, white bandage. Gave the "finger" more emphasis.

Comment

It hasn't been the same since I removed that big white dressing. Actually my doc told me not to do that again. Smart guy.

Comment

Didn't anyone get a picture of the big, white finger? Every trip has a key moment that stands out. That would have been it.
                          Remember the drive when that big, ugly, black bug with the huge antennas flew down Ray's shirt? Or the huge sand storm that cancelled the water show in Vegas?
                          This one is the "big, white, bandaged finger".

Comment

Very Glad to hear that Tom. I still cringe when I think of what it looked like after it happened. and sometimes it can take a day or two before the pain really kicks in. Ben and I were quite impressed that you and Mel showed up in Forks. Shows Your Still! a pretty tough old bird. A lesser Man would have went Home.
                            and I think the Drives are more enjoyable with you and Mel there. It's all about the People.
                            Rick

Comment

Thanks, Rick. It really IS about the people.

Comment

Originally posted by tukatz View Post
                                Thanks, Rick. It really IS about the people.
                                ... and the fingers!

Comment

Finally got the pictures downloaded and sorted. Sorry!

If you want hi-res copies download them from Photobucket at this link:
                                  http://s929.photobucket.com/user/s2k...ape%20Flattery

Comment

And we thought nobody got 'the finger', so to speak.

Comment

The finger wasn't in a vertical position, so its ok Tom!

Comment

Working...
                                      X