Countdown to Key West

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown to Key West

Made it into Florida today. I was so excited to see palm trees....

Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Actually, it doesn't take much to get me excited in terms of landscape.... these trees were pretty cool, and so was the tiny critter in the upper left!

Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

And I crossed Tampa Bay using the Sunshine Skyway Bridge...

Comment

In Naples Florida tonight. Wow, the thunderstorms are pretty amazing. Torrential rain, electric light-show, and passes away in about 10 mins. Gives new meaning to "if you don't like the weather, then wait a minute!". For a couple of the thunderstorms, I had to stop because I couldn't see a thing! Tomorrow is the leg to Key West.

Comment

awesome, I'd love to take my s2000 through the keys, it's a great drive I've done many times without my S2000 though. If you have a chance I'd suggest a jet-ski tour around Key West, and/or a catamaran day trip to Fort Jefferson (70 miles off Key West). Two of the best experiences I've had in the Keys.

Comment

Outstanding. Wish I could of followed you. Take time to have a dipped cone
            Coop
            Life Member 57
            KE0BND
            What other people think of me, is none of my business
            It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

WOW! Sweeeeeeeet! Enjoy - and I'm glad I'm not there to see that lightning.
              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Looks like a great trip! Keep us up to date and continue to post photos!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm following, too. You might be interested to know that the past day or so, BC and Alta have been getting lightning storms, too. And the scenery isn't nearly as nice.

Comment

Epic trip!

Comment

Looks good MO. Be safe and keep the pics coming. you ALSO are living the Dream
                      Rick

Comment

I guess you have not noticed yet Mo, but I am driving 2 cars behind you ... in my dream . I am sooo jealous. I hope you fellows can join us in September on our trip to LA. Take care and enjoy.
                        S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                        Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Great pictures.
                          S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

Rose Mary
                          Casselton, ND

Comment

Originally posted by my Happy Place View Post
                            I guess you have not noticed yet Mo, but I am driving 2 cars behind you ... in my dream . I am sooo jealous. I hope you fellows can join us in September on our trip to LA. Take care and enjoy.
                            I asked Mo about this but he didn't give me a date, so I haven't done anything about it. I'd like to spend a week there at that time but the longer I leave it the fewer cheap seats to choose from on the plane.

Comment

I think I've blown my vacation budget, Dave, so I don't think I will make it. Perhaps if Peter can give me a rough idea of how long he is taking to get down there, I may be able swing some finances.

Comment

Working...
                              X