No announcement yet.

Countdown to Key West

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mo, what a great odyssey, you'll remember this trip your whole life. Florida is indeed a great state with many surprises and some extremely (a word that sums up many things about the place) beautiful vistas. You need to spend quite a while in that sauna heat before your body acclimates and that thick Canuck blood of yours adapts. Stay hydrated!
    I remember the first Florida flash downpour I experienced, it was amazing just how much water per second could actually fall. I was driving with a friend in a MGA top down, and if you know the complexity of the top erection in that car you can imagine how futile it was to even think we could do anything but just get soaked. The biggest surprise was how fast we and the car dried out when the downpour ended.
    Driving the MGA on the road crossing the swamp at night was another shocker. With the small vertical front windshield and ridiculous baby wipers the bugs just blanketed the windshield every couple miles.
    Great pictures!
    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Wow! That is indeed an epic trip, Mo. When I retired, Key West is where I went for a vacation also. Must be something about reaching the most SE point of the US. Doesn't that mean you reached the most SE and NW points in one year! That is one serious drive. Keep the pics coming and have a safe, enjoyable vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
        Wow! That is indeed an epic trip, Mo. When I retired, Key West is where I went for a vacation also. Must be something about reaching the most SE point of the US. Doesn't that mean you reached the most SE and NW points in one year! That is one serious drive. Keep the pics coming and have a safe, enjoyable vacation.
        Yup, NW to SE in the same year, in fact, within a month!!!
        Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Made it to Rawlins, WY, starting this morning from Limon CO. The Colorado scenery was stunning, though it rained all day, very hard at times, and no photography was possible.
          Next stop is Idaho Falls. I was going to divert a little bit and go back to the Grand Prismatic in Yellowstone, but all weather reports are indicating rain... so I will just go according to my original plan.
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Forgot to mention that I went over a mountain pass (Jones Pass, Colorado) today, and the temperature was 37F and it was sleeting for about 10 minutes!

Comment

You hadn't posted anything for a week. Was starting to get worried. Anyway, you're almost home. What an adventure!

Comment

Hey Mo! Been nice following your exploits. Loved your, "land purchase" story." Funny though, it seems everywhere a person travels on vacation, there are "vacation homes" that you can buy and rent out, or property of some kind for sale. A group of friends of mine thought about it briefly when we were in Panama City, FL. 25 yrs. ago, but I was young teacher at the time with an income to match.
                Sure beats my vacation so far in ME; it's been like Branson last summer, w/o the shows.
                Keep those pics coming!

Comment

Working...
                X