Caravan to Durango

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravan to Durango

Hey Everyone, I would like to get everyone's input on when they are wanting to leave and do you want a straight route or a little meandering? Any and all info so I can come up with some idea's before the next meet.
    NWRD

Drink coffee…. do stupid things faster & with more energy!!

I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going. Are you coming with me?

Lower 48 states complete.

Time to start over.

Everybody knows, even meandering behind Tracy can be the most fun you will have on four wheels.

Comment

Our tentative plans call for a good bit of meandering; probably more than most would be interested in. I suspect we will take 8 or 9 days getting to Durango.

Comment

That's a lot of meandering. But if Traci is involved, I'm sure it will be unforgettable.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
        2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
        Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I'm always ready to meander in search of twisty roads and prime rib (and catfish!!)
          I can adjust dates as needed to fit in. And yes, I can hardly wait - if I was Scoots, I would say "is it time to go yet"?

Peter/Ursula are ok to leave one week before the meet, that is Sat July 16th.
          Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Have done some looking at the map and came up with a route that looked interesting. Down I-5 south to Eugene, McKenzie highway across the Cascades to central Oregon, thru K-falls and down to Reno. South to highway 395 (was told that this was very seeing), head East thru Death Valley towards Vegas. North East thru the Valley of Fire (again a scenic drive), not too definite from there to Durango. May be nice to go by the Grand Canyon. I know that Ray was talking about heading across Utah and stopping at Arches NP. That is an awesome park (a lot of nice scenery from the road but the hiking there, WOW!) We are very interested in joining a group drive on the way there. Mo was saying that Ray's rule of thumb is to limit travel to 300 to 350 miles/day which sounds like a good pace, so that's about 5 days to get there I think. Interested to hear what ideas others have. Winding and scenic roads are best.
            sigpic

Comment

I will take a look at that. It sounds wonderful. 300-350 is a good idea, I might be on my bike
              NWRD

Time to start over.

Comment

Might be nice to fit in Arches NP - I was there about 15 years ago, and would love to do that again. Not sure I am a great hiker, but while others are hiking, I can certainly amuse myself with my camera with no problems. Hopefully Ray will return from his camping trip and chirp in with his ideas.
                Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Originally posted by GLTYFUN View Post
                  I will take a look at that. It sounds wonderful. 300-350 is a good idea, I might be on my bike
                  I took my "alternate" vehicle to S2KDays last year and that didn't work out so well....just sayin.

sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                    I took my "alternate" vehicle to S2KDays last year and that didn't work out so well....just sayin.
                    I guess, I had my bike down in Georga and I just hitched rides with loners
                    NWRD

Time to start over.

Comment

Back from Ft. Flagler. Great location there. And very few other campers. We had the entire waterfront to ourselves the last day. Home now, but still have to decide how I (we) are going. Might take the RV if I can bring a car.
                      sigpic
                      Pacific Northwest Chapter Guru, 9 years running!

Comment

Originally posted by GLTYFUN View Post
                        I guess, I had my bike down in Georga and I just hitched rides with loners
                        It's probably much easier for you to get a ride than it is for me.

sigpic

Comment

Ursula and I would be able to get going on July 16. 2016 the earliest. My son Brian and I came back from LA in September via Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and Death Valley. We would prefer a northern route on the way south and planning to come back along the Oregon Coast. We are still flexible at this point but would like to book the Motels as soon as possible. I will have to be back at work by August 2nd 2016.
                          S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                          Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Hello,
                            Ursula and I just decided that the low Canadian Dollar is not helping us and we will have to skip this trip. We will be traveling in BC instead. I hope to see some of you before July.
                            Take care.
                            S2000: 2001 modified and 2006 stock
                            Vespa P200: 1980

Comment

Awe... You both will be missed very much
                              NWRD

Time to start over.

Comment

Yes, you will both be missed. But luckily, you live within minutes of me, so I can go on drives with you at other time, Peter!

Comment

Originally posted by my Happy Place View Post
                                  Hello,
                                  Ursula and I just decided that the low Canadian Dollar is not helping us and we will have to skip this trip. We will be traveling in BC instead. I hope to see some of you before July.
                                  Take care.
                                  Peter - so sorry to hear but I understand. We will miss you both. Hope you enjoy your travels in BC.
                                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                  X