Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Performance Alignment Shop in San Francisco?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Alignment Shop in San Francisco?

Hey Bay Area S2K owners. I'm looking for an alignment shop that specializes in performance cars. A few of you already know that my suspension settings were too low for the steep downhill curves of the S2KDays 2018 drives, and my front sidewalls were shredded by my fenders. I got new (meh) front tires for the trip home, but I'm also having four new Potenzas from Tire Rack put on this week. After I get that done, I need to get an alignment (because I'm raising my suspension a bit). The Firestone that is installing my tires will not do my alignment to the specs I want it. It's within manufacturer's spec, but it's not directly in the middle of that spec, and they refuse to do what I want.

I've used Paul's Tire and Battery, but I had a very bad experience with them and don't want to go back there (four scratched rims, way over-torqued lug nuts, and four lug nuts that were too small—probably not their fault, but they could have let me know). Big O also scratched all four rims (but they did eventually pay to have them fixed).

So I'm looking for a place like one I had in Houston called C&C Northside, that caters more to the track/performance car set. Obviously, I'd prefer a shop in the city, but I'll take what I can get. I need to get this done before the Allegheny drive, so please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,
    Kristi

Sorry Kristi, but you will not find a shop like Curt's - anywhere. Were you around H-town when the Lone Star group was hoppin?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I was there and owned my S for about a year or so (2012–2013). I didn't get involved in the local stuff—knew too many friends/fam in ATX with S2Ks. I regret it now, but that's how life is sometimes, ya know.

Comment

Motorwerks Houston was pretty good, too. They did some good work on my wheels/alignment.

Comment

If you don't get enough suggestions here, be sure to also cross-post to the Facebook groups. Both the national group and the local NorCal S2K and SF Bay S2KCA groups are very good for responding. NorCal S2K FB is a mixed bag so do be sure to doublecheck any suggestions made (cross check to Yelp, Google, etc), but any suggestions you get on SF Bay S2KCA FB group will be solid, no question.

It was great to finally meet you and Suzanne at S2KDays! You two are a hoot and a half!
          -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
          California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
          https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Thanks, woman!

Comment

If you don't mind driving down to Milpitas, I recommend Auto Innovations.

Comment

Stuka emailed me, he recommends also, Auto Innovations 1337 Minnis Circle Milpitas CA

408-956-8004 talk to Orlando

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
                Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
                Speed Bleeder Products
                17" BBS RGR Michelin PS2 SPORT
                So many roads, so little time

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Kristi,
                    Dick gave you the abbreviated version. (Nothing wrong with that, Bud). I avoid FaceBook.
                    The best Bay Area shop for alignment and suspension work as well as custom setups is Auto Innovations in Milpitas.
                    BlackTrax the local S2000 specialty tuner and repair shop sends all their alignment work to them.
                    Phone: 408-956-8004 Orlando Catago is the owner and a great guy, known him for years.
                    Call for an appointment, and be sure to tell him I sent you.
                    Address is 1337 Minnis Circle Milpitas CA
                    While you're down here if your hungry I can recommend a few excellent restaurants:
                    Sit down Italian: Georgios (a stone's throw away from Auto Innovations) 643 E. Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas (their Bolognese meat sauce is to die for)
                    Pizza and Heros: Giovanni's (off 237 at 1127 Lawrence Expy on the way down or back, a hidden gem and true NY pizza (take it from a Brooklyn boy)
                    Sit down Mex: Another hidden gem that's unfortunately becoming popular...Maria Elana's in Alviso (also off Lawrence Expy) 1450 Gold St. Alviso (closed Mondays)

Welcome to the Bay Area, hope to see you on a drive soon, John & Anne
                    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Well thanks so much, John and Anne. I really appreciate it. I will definitely take it down there. I've been here almost five years now, and only just now am I getting involved in the local meets. I was searching over on that other forum (shhhh), and they only have Friday night meets, not too many drives.

Comment

It's the difference between a club with organized drives and a bunch of young people getting together to boast, open their hoods, talk cars and socialize on a Friday night. I'm not criticizing it, I've been there a few times. Hell it's just about in my back yard, and at it's best it's a good place to swap parts and stories but it doesn't compare to the well scripted outings the club runs. Anne and I have made good friends in the club and had some great times (and hope to have many more).
                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

-Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                          California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                          https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Working...
                          X