Attendee List:
    LouieV +1 (breakfast)
    TIS Himself (breakfast)
    Dawn Marie +1
    Stuka +1
    Rpaluck +1

Mikey H (breakfast)
    tonyd

OK, here are the details for the Grand Tour of the California Delta. We'll go from quirky restaurant to a cool Old Sugar Mill with plenty of scenery in between. For this one I am flexible, since the end of the drive does not require getting there at a specific time. If there's anything you want to change or include please let me know. As you may know from previous delta drives, there are not a lot of opportunities for spirited driving (except for the trip through Birds Landing) most will be easy cruising - sight seeing and socializing.
    I drove through Locke and talked to the owner of Lockeport Grill and Fountain. I asked what time she opened on Saturday. She said "well, let me know what time you'll be here and I'll open up for you" (hence, the quirky part). Oh, I need to call her on Friday and remind her. Heck, why not, it looks like a nice clean place, and it's very Delta-ish on the coolest street in California, couple doors down from Al the Wop's. I did tell her some of us will be eating breakfast there, so please support her and eat or have coffee there if possible. (And I do have a backup meeting place close by if this falls through).
    Here's the itinerary:
    9:30am - Meet at Lockport Grill and Fountain in historic town of Locke (meet at 10-ish if not having breakfast)
    10:30 Drive to hwy 12, then to the Delta Loop for the full flavor of Delta Life.
    Back to Rio Vista Bridge then over to Birds Landing.
    Drive through 505 Megawatts of Wind Powered generators (Shiloh Wind Power Plant)
    Back up to the Ryde Hotel, then east to Grand Island Road past the Mansion (include stop/mini tour if desired)
    Approximately 1:30pm Arrive at the Old Sugar Mill for tastings and food.
    The Old Sugar Mill is a cool laid-back venue where we can do a tasting from some of the 15 different wineries on the premises, have lunch, and picnic outside in the large courtyard, or have lunch at Rendez Vous restaurant. Basically, take our time and enjoy the venue and it's history, and relax for a while before heading home.

https://www.facebook.com/LockeportGrillAndFountain/

http://oldsugarmill.com/

http://oldsugarmill.com/wineries.html

http://www.rendez-vouswinery.com/scr...andas-Tamales/
    This is my preference for lunch - but there will be other options.
    Map of Route:
    https://goo.gl/maps/R8JqQPAMrHA2

Please RSVP if you'll be having breakfast in Locke so I can give them a heads-up.
    Thanks!
    LouieV

Last edited by LouieV; 11-07-2018, 12:18 PM.
    sigpic

Have fun and be safe, thanks for putting this together
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

looking forward to it Lou.....

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
        Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
        Speed Bleeder Products
        17" BBS RGR Michelin PS2 SPORT
        So many roads, so little time

Comment

I was starting to wonder if this one would actually happen. The steed is getting restless!
          Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

sad to say, we'll miss this one. please post lots of foto's.

Comment

Looks like we will make this one, looking forward to it!
              2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Updated info.
                sigpic

Comment

See you for breakfast.
                  Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

Tony will be there solo - after breakfast.

Comment

so we bring lunch Lou ??

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Note from http://oldsugarmill.com/visitor-info.html

How to Enjoy Your Stay at Old Sugar Mill Wineries:

―No outside alcohol/beer/wine/sparkling wine is permitted at Old Sugar Mill Wineries.
                        ―No tailgating or outside ice chests are permitted at the Old Sugar Mill or in Parking Lot.
                        ―Small lunch sized picnic baskets are permitted during the Monday through Friday.
                        —Food items can be purchased on weekends from on site food trucks & Deli areas located inside Elevation Ten or Rendez-Vous Winery.
                        ―All pets & children MUST be supervised at all times.
                        ―Drones, kites, airplanes, skateboards, roller blades/skates, soccer/football/tennis equipment are not permitted at any time.
                        ―Photography (professional shoots) MUST be pre-approved with signed waiver and permit issued by Old Sugar Mill for your safety. Photographers and guests taking professional photos without permission will be asked to cease activity and/or leave the property.

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Originally posted by rpaluck View Post
                          so we bring lunch Lou ??
                          Dick, there is no outside food allowed, but I'm sure we can get away with a small bag of food (discretely), etc if there's something special you want to bring (it's not monitored that closely). But the plan was to purchase lunch there.
                          sigpic

Comment

We're both down with a truly miserable cold, but we're going to make this last drive of the year if we have to do it in an Uber.
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                              We're both down with a truly miserable cold, but we're going to make this last drive of the year if we have to do it in an Uber.
                              Airborne and sleep. Hope to see you Saturday.
                              sigpic

Comment

got it Lou. I did note Food items can be purchased on weekends from on site food trucks & Deli areas located inside Elevation Ten or Rendez-Vous Winery.

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Originally posted by LouieV View Post

Airborne and sleep. Hope to see you Saturday.
                                  And Advil, chicken soup, and plenty of liquids. Anne's had it for several days and starting to get over it, so there's a good chance that at least one of us will be some semblance of functional.

Comment

would love to join you guys on this drive. buts its that open enrollment time so overtime on Saturdays. have a fun and safe drive.

Comment

The smoke from the fires up north appears to be much lighter today. Hopefully a clear day tomorrow.
                                      Last edited by LouieV; 11-09-2018, 11:01 AM.
                                      sigpic

Comment

those damn fires are so bad. I really feel for them.....

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Working...
                                        X