2019 SF Bay Area S2KCA Annual BBQ Sunday February 17th, 2019 12Noon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 SF Bay Area S2KCA Annual BBQ Sunday February 17th, 2019 12Noon

The years are flying by! I've known some people in this group since I was still in my 40's!

Time for our annual BBQ/Planning get-together.

We've driven a lot of roads in the Bay Area, we're starting to see some repeats. That's ok with me since we have some great driving roads around here. But what I'm thinking is maybe a couple of overnighters this year to stretch our boundaries. I've heard a couple of good ideas already (RPaluck?).

And I hear we might have a special live feed from our So Cal affiliate (Roseanne) this year.

Plan on bringing some good food, good ideas for drives and events, and some good beer and wine would be nice too!

When: Sunday February 17, 2019, 12 Noon

Where: Mi Casa, Brentwood, CA (PM me if you need the address)
    Please post here if you can make it, and let me know what delicious edibles you'll be bringing.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

LouieV

so far:
    Louiev +1 (tri-tip)
    Thereur +1 (cake)
    BsuBlue +1 (green (or blue?) salad)
    Tis Himself
    Stephnj +1
    Tony +1 (veggies)
    4U2NV (pie!)
    Rpaluck (pasta salad)
    Stuka (egg rolls)
    Mikey H (BBQ ribs)
    Phil B +1 (homemade pizza)
    Dawn Marie +1 (??)
    Last edited by LouieV; 02-10-2019, 07:17 PM.
    sigpic

Indeed! I'm unfortunately working that weekend so I can't make the trip north to join, but I'll be available virtually and I look forward to a great planning session!
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

"People can say crap. They can think whatever they want, but you control how you feel about it."

"When Ginsburg heard that this man had reported that her nickname at Harvard was 'bitch,' Ginsburg looked up and said, 'better bitch than mouse.'"

Comment

Thanks for hosting this again, Lou! I recall first meeting you on the drive to S2000 Homecoming.

We’ll bring some desert involving cake and whip cream.

Link to photos

Last edited by thereur; 01-24-2019, 10:34 PM.
      S2K Days 2009 photos

Comment

Dick will be solo

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
        Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
        Speed Bleeder Products
        17" BBS RGR Michelin PS2 SPORT
        So many roads, so little time

Comment

I would like to join you at LouieV's place and let everyone know what we are planning in SoCal. It will be fun to have a short weekend trip up north.
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Count me in Lou, Anne is going crazy with her new responsibilities and hours but she will try to join me. Fingers crossed she doesn't have work requirements.
            The usual Egg Roll Tray.
            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Dick bringing pasta salad

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                I would like to join you at LouieV's place and let everyone know what we are planning in SoCal. It will be fun to have a short weekend trip up north.
                *kicks Jason under the table* You are supposed to bring something. Hint: ask the host what they need that isn't already covered.

You are representing SoCal, man. Do it right.
                -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                California Dreamin'

"People can say crap. They can think whatever they want, but you control how you feel about it."

"When Ginsburg heard that this man had reported that her nickname at Harvard was 'bitch,' Ginsburg looked up and said, 'better bitch than mouse.'"

Comment

Carl and Terry will bring a green salad. See you then.

Comment

Originally posted by bsublue View Post
                    Carl and Terry will bring a green salad. See you then.
                    Couldn't figure out a way to make a blue salad?
                    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Tony and Peggy will bring a green veggie - probably beans this year. The Brussels sprouts are good but we don't want to appear stuck on them.

Comment

Is anyone bringing any drinks/refreshments? Those will travel well for my trip up. Let me know if you have anything specific you like to drink.
                        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Comment

Jason almost everyone brings beer or wine (or both), and Lou usually has some on hand ahead of time but obviously the more the merrier. Needless to say the logistics involved in transporting most food on the long haul make a lot of choices difficult for you.
                          Just a thought, you can never go wrong with a desert, a pie or cake is always welcome.

Comment

Mmmm... pie! Everyone loves pie.

Looking forward to to seeing everyone next weekend.

Comment

Jason, pie would be great. Looking forward to seeing seeing you.

LouieV
                              sigpic

Comment

Got us a PIE! (My work here is done!)

Comment

[/QUOTE

Just noticed that's Shigeru Uehara sitting right behind us. Should invite him to come by on Sunday ;-)

Attached Files
                                  sigpic

Comment

I remember that well, hard to believe that it was nine years ago.
                                    Got his autograph on my radio door! Had to run back to y car and for a quick door-sectomy then run back and hunt up someone with a silver marker. Worth it tho!
                                    Do you still have your mug, I use mine constantly?

Comment

Louie and all,

Sorry I can;t make it down today. In regards to participating, I would like to throw the Shelter Cover (or Mendocino / Ft. Bragg) in as an overnight. Also, I live just south Healdsburg, and know some good routes up from Winters, back roads through the Pope Valley / Middleton Hwy 29 areas to my area, and I would be more than willing to put together a Pulled Pork / Brisket meal at my house at the end of a drive.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you Lou and all. What an awesome selection of great food !!!!!! Excellent plans for some new drives this year. Thank you Jason and Roseanne for attending, much appreciated.

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Working...
                                        X