4-13-19 Georgetown Drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-13-19 Georgetown Drive

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, HEAR YE ! LAIRD MICHAEL THE BALD , having traversed the Canyons of Stone and braved the Trolls of the River of Rocks and forded said rive; entered the Realm of the Sidhe. There he treated with the Sidhe, in their mounds and vales, and obtained their blessing for a passage of the Clan of the S for a tarmac ceili in celebration of the coming of spring and the return of S weather.

The ceili will be held on the 13th day, of the 4th month, in the year of our Lord 2019. The Clan , guests and other Minions are to gather in the parking lot ot the Rayle's adjacent to the Foresthill/Auburn Ravine [Exit 121] off ramp on Hwy 80 in Auburn CA.

Gathering time between 9:30 and 10:00am.
    The ceili commences at 10:00am and will pass through the pastoral portions of the Realm of the Sidhe to the Coloma Club where sustenance will be obtained. The ceili will then proceed into the more rugged portions of the Sidhe Realm to the villages of Georgetown and Greenwood and thence to the end of the ceili at the winery of Boeger in the vicinity of Placerville.

The Minions are requested to confirm their attendance so that coordination with the Sidhe can be maintained.

See Route Map below

Laird Michael the Bald (tis himself)

Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Here is the Drive Map for the 4-13-19 Drive 4-13-19 S2000 Drive Scan2.pdf
    Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

Sir Anthony and Lady Margaret will be happy to join the ceili - whatever that is ?

Comment

Sir Anthony, being of the "Brit" clan is no doubt not familiar with the Irish (or Scot) Ceili dancing done in pairs dancing in lines. (Quite a colorful term for our line of cars with pairs of occupants.) I have every hope that both Lady Anne and myself will join the festivities, but she has been laboring long and hard for her leige and may be called to task for the weekend. In any case I will strive to attend, wish me good fortune and health to attend forthwith Laird Michael.
        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Dick and Janet have been rescued from socal. We will Be there

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
          Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
          Speed Bleeder Products
          17" BBS RGR Michelin PS2 SPORT
          So many roads, so little time

Comment

Coloma club https://goo.gl/maps/8pZTSpaeTrp

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Originally posted by rpaluck View Post
              Uh oh! That sounds like a story to share.
              -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
              California Dreamin'

​Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
              --​​​​​​ Golda Meir

Comment

Originally posted by rpaluck View Post
                What tales of woe in SoCal dost thou speak?
                S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Surely thy jest! Who doth thee speeketh in thy humorous fashion? LouieV the 2nd shall bring thy trusty black steed to the into the land of trees and mountains. Lady Rhonda will not be present as thou hath need to tend to thy goats (kids). Praises for leading this journey Laird Michael.

(disclaimer: not responsible for mis-use or misplacement of any 'thous', 'thys' or 'doths')
                  Last edited by LouieV; 04-10-2019, 02:10 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

We minions of the foothills will most assuredly join in partaking of this abundant largesse. We do most respectfully inquire...will sustenance be offered for exchange of coin or do we bring our own? How grateful we are for such a day as you have planned, my liege.

FOTO'S OF THE DRIVE ARE POSTED ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE, AS WELL AS THE S2K BAY AREA FACEBOOK PAGE. ENJOY.

Comment

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, HEAR YE ! LAIRD MICHAEL THE BALD​ here by wishes to beg the indulgences of the Clan of the S for being tardy in posting a list of the Minions who have agreed to join the tarmac ceili and prove their valor and stoutheartedness by traversing the Canyons of Stone, braving the Trolls ​of the River of Rocks, and ford said river to enter the Realm of the Sidhe'. This delay has been precipitated by affairs of State and the needs of Lady Joyce, the Duchess of I Do Not Know.

The minions that have agreed to attend are as follows:

Laird Michael the Bald (tis himself)
                      Sir Anthony (tonyd) and Lady Margaret
                      Sir John (Stuka) and Lady Ann
                      Sir Richard (rpaluck) and Lady Janet
                      Laird LouieV (LouieV the II
                      Sir Stephn (Stephnj) and Lady Lee

As always any of the minions guests of the clan are welcome to attend as long as they can keep up.

Particular care must be exercised on this journey in that running over any of the Sidhe' could have dire effects on the future of the Clan. The Sidhe' being magical beings and having close ties with the road Trolls , and not being very forgiving of any perceived insults and slights would most likely respond in unknown but devastating ways. Hopefully we will be able to transverse their Realm with dignity and aplomb .

Laird Michael the Bald is looking forward to this gathering.
                      Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

Stephn, bar and grill destination Coloma club https://goo.gl/maps/8pZTSpaeTrp

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Laird Michael the Bald does hereby wish to extend his thanks to Sir John for his accurate if somewhat limited definition of a ceili. These parties are historically rather raucous and fueled by copious amounts of Guinness. uisque breatha, and for those who wish to commune the Sidhe' directly, potcheen. However the use of these substances is not recommended in this case, as stopping every quarter of a mile to find a blade grass to hold onto to keep oneself from falling of the face of the earth will only result in one being left behind without any one to lead them home. A potentially disasters state to be in the Realm of the Sidhe' after the setting of the sun.

My thanks also to Sir Richard for the posting of the partial map showing the location of the Coloma Club. The establishment is somewhat rustic in nature but clean and serviceable for the purposes of the Clan.

In answer to Sir Stephn query; refreshments and sustenance (portions of which are substantial in nature) are available in exchange for the appropriate coin of the realm. The bringing of add provisions would be up to the individual as a light snack at the end may be pleasant to partake of. As always it is wise to bring suitable liquid refreshments for emergencies.

Until Saturday
                          Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

I will be there with my silver jett. What time do you think you'll be in Placerville? I will need to break off and go to Jackson from there to see someone in the hospital. Daveg

Comment

Welcome Sir Davegod. The end of the ceili is anticipated to be around 2:30 to 3:00 p.m. at the winery which is a mile of two from Placerville.
                              Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

I'm sorry Mike but we're going to have to bow out. Anne has been working nonstop for something like 20 days and is pretty exhausted. I can't bring myself to take off without her now that she has a couple days off. Hope everyone has a great time, take a bunch of pictures and stay safe.
                                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                                  . I can't bring myself to take off without her now that she has a couple days off.
                                  -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                                  California Dreamin'

​Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
                                  --​​​​​​ Golda Meir

Comment

Image6.jpg

Thanks Mike for an exciting day. Here's my take on the route. https://goo.gl/maps/hb243ZEzQft It was the curviest route I can remember. In the 121 miles of road there were literally hundreds of curves - some of them switchbacks. I suspect that the cumulative horizontal angular excursion of my car exceeded what an average vehicle accumulates in a year. So my steering components aged one year that day.
                                    Last edited by tonyd; 04-14-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X