Quincy Drive- Saturday to Sunday May 18 and 19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Drive- Saturday to Sunday May 18 and 19

This drive was switched from July because of the heavy snow this year which was a problem for the Kings Canyon drive originally scheduled for this date. We'll start in Sacramento, up the river road to Marysville and then navigate the wild LaPorte-Quincy Road with a stop for lunch at Bob & Jim's cafe in Brownsville. We plan to stay in the Quincy Featherbed Inn which has rooms available for the Saturday night. There are also two motels in town which have cheaper rooms. We'll probably arrive in Quincy mid-afternoon and anyone who does not wish to stay overnight can take off down Hwy. 70 to Oroville and home. We may be early enough for an optional drive to Chester and Lake Almanor before dinner. On Sunday we'll have a leisurely breakfast and drive down 70, the Feather River canyon , to Oroville for lunch. Those who need to can take off down 70 from there but we'll probably wend our way south with a stop at a winery. Here's a link to the route map : https://goo.gl/maps/iVt1Ct7ghpC2 Let's meet at 10:00 at the Burger King, 2714 El Centro Rd., Sacramento - that's just N of I-80 where it crosses the Sacramento River. Get there by exiting I-80 at W El Camino Ave.

Quincy.pngImg_1692.jpg
    So far we have 5 cars: Tony and Peggy, Carl and Terry, Dick and Janet, Stephn and Lee and Mike

Tags: None
    Last edited by tonyd; 04-15-2019, 08:11 PM.

Thanks for switching dates. I will get the Kings Canyon drive post updated today.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

OK. So you all are going to hate us but we have to cancel our trip to Quincy as much as it hurts us to cancel. We bought a new house in Livermore. It's a beautiful house - or at least it will be once the fixing upping is done. It's only a mile away from our existing house but larger and no pool. Love it! So... we are going to be busy fixing it up and getting our house ready to sell. We are taking the day of on May 11th off to do the SF History Walk which was already scheduled but that is going to be the extent of our time off for a few weeks. Can't wait to have you all over for a BBQ in the mot so distant future. Terry

Comment

Congratulations on the new house, Terry!

Looking forward to getting up there for a BBQ whenever you are ready.
        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
        California Dreamin'

​May is Mental Health Awareness Month.

Support and spread awareness. https://www.mentalhealthamerica.net

Comment

sorry to hear you will miss the drive. BUT, congratulations on the new home, look forward to seeing it!!!!!!

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
          ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
          Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
          Speed Bleeder Products
          17" BBS RGR Michelin PS2 SPORT
          So many roads, so little time

Comment

Tony sorry I've been meaning to let you know (I'm getting forgetful). My son just came home from Boise after being gone since Christmas, so going to spend some time with him this weekend. Looks like it's just you mountain people this time. Have a fun and safe drive.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tony. It was a fun drive. Weather was not an issue. Had a little rain intermittently. Overnight light snow was brief. Roads less traveled at this time of the year worked so well on our gauntlet over the winding roads through the extensive woods we passed through.
              Quincy was a friendly little town. The Inn worked out well.
              we missed Peggy, darn colds, and everyone who missed the most pleasant drive.

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

quincy-inn.jpglake almanor2.jpg Fun drive. Beautiful country. Overnight snow at the Inn. Lake Almanor pics.
                Attached Files

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Beautiful pics. Would have loved to join you, but I've had a few things going on here and can't get away.

I'm overdue for a NorCal trip. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Kings Canyon drive for sure, if I can't get north for one of the other drives before then.
                  -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                  California Dreamin'

​May is Mental Health Awareness Month.

Support and spread awareness. https://www.mentalhealthamerica.net

Comment

thanks Roseanne, looking forward to Kings Canyon drive also and hope you can make it up this way, sometime.

Speed Bleeder Products

Comment

Working...
                    X