Fall drive through the Sierra - Oct 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall drive through the Sierra - Oct 19th

We will start at 10am at the Starbucks near Jackson, along CA 89 and up along Lake Tahoe. There's plenty of quaking aspen along this route, so I'm hoping for some nice colors. I plan this to be a day trip, but I know a number of folks will spend the night. For those staying, we'll have dinner at Smokey's Cafe.

https://goo.gl/maps/5iqqhZrwB6v3obD79

I hope this link comes out okay (might not work correctly on phone and tablets). The route is Jackson > Ridge Road > Shot Rock Vista (restroom stop) > Caples Lake > Stop at turn out just east of Carson Pass > Lunch at Chicos Burger (simple but tasty) > West side of Lake Tahoe > highway 267 > Truckee.

https://www.visitcalifornia.com/even...ves-california

Attendees as of Oct 1:
    thereur +1
    rpaluck +1
    tonyd +1
    R Murphy
    TIS HIMSELF
    LouieV
    Stika +1

Lots of Tahoe photos at https://archive.tahoelight.com/index

Thanks Frank!! Dick and Janet are in

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
    Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
    Speed Bleeder Products
    17" BBS RGR Michelin PS2 SPORT
    So many roads, so little time

Comment

October 19 is good. Sign me up. I'm in. This makes me happy!

I knew September would be a difficult month for me to commit to anything, and everything was up in the air. And now I know I can't attend any of the September drives with you folks. But October is doable! Yay!
      -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
      California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Great! I think we've got a quorum.

Comment

That is a busy time for me at work. I will need to wait and see if I can go.
          Last edited by 4U2NV; 08-28-2019, 07:00 PM.
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
            That is a busy time for me at work. I will need to wait and see if I can go.
            Well, we'll miss ya, Jason.

I hope you can go, but understand of course if you can't.

I think I'll need this come October.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Laird Michael the Bald will attend. Jackson? Been listening to Johnny and June Cash again I see. Count me in hotter than a pepper sprout. See you in Jackson..
              Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

Tony and Peggy are in. We look forward to seeing the Autumn colours.

Comment

Looks like we are going to have out of town guests coming to visit so will have to miss this one. We will let you know if things change. Terry and Carl

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

LouieV is in. Rhonda is a "probably not" but she's going to try. I see from the fall colors map, the leaves are starting to change...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LouieV View Post
                        I see from the fall colors map, the leaves are starting to change...

Woohoo! I hope it works out. I also hope for good weather. I’m a little concerned since we’ve already had a first snow.

Comment

Snow?

I guess we could consider slowing down.

I hope things stay clear.
                          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Anne and I are in, it's been too long! Looking forward to it, see you all soon.
                            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                              Snow?

I guess we could consider slowing down.

I hope things stay clear.
                              Anything below 40F is questionable, according to Tire Rack. So even if we have clear skies, the temperature might be reason for canceling. Always a little risky in October.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...jsp?techid=220

Comment

Geez, miss a few drives and people forget how to spell your name!
                                Stika is my half sister from Russia (she drives a modded out Lada).

See ya next week kids, can't wait...
                                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Please keep me posted. I have this on my calendar, have been expecting to go, and was going to sit down this weekend to figure out my plan. So please let me know if things are changing.
                                  -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Looks like my plan is I'm making the trip up to visit with folks whether there is a drive or not.
                                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Hey there Frank, I found two Starbucks on Google Earth on Hwy 49 a little north of Jackson in Martell, one north of Industry Blvd by the Jack in the Box and the other south of Industry in the Safeway. At which one were you planning to meet up?
                                      Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Comment

Originally posted by TIS HIMSELF View Post
                                        Hey there Frank, I found two Starbucks on Google Earth on Hwy 49
                                        It’s the one on Old Mill Road. See the rough map linked in the first post.

Starbucks
                                        11248 Old Mill Lane Suite 40, Jackson, CA 95642
                                        (209) 257-0289
                                        https://goo.gl/maps/C4jv6JPi2sPMXQLRA

Comment

Working...
                                        X