Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 20 Delta Drive / Resurrected April Ceili

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
    After discussions with our esteemed Leader Lord LouieV of the Flat Lands , Laird Michael the Bald has agreed to resurrect the April Ceili and run it on the 20th of June as LouieV has potentially conflicting parental duties to perform on that date.

The members of the Clan who wish to participate in this Tarmac Dance are to assemble at the Starbuck's on Broadway parking lot in the village iof Placerville at 9:30a.m. on the 20th of June and commence the drive at 10:00am.

The Clan will proceed as follows:
    L onto Broadway, R onto Mosquito Rd., L at Union Ridge Rd. intersection still on Mosquito, L onto Rock Creek Rd., R onto Georgetown Rd (STR 193), L onto Garden Valley Rd., R onto Marshall Rd. L onto Greenwood Rd., R onto Georgetown Rd., L into parking lot at Beerwerks in Cool for Lunch (Beerwerks is a Microbrewery , has bergers, Sushi, Hawaiian, and Asian items on the menu ( in Cool?) ). During lunch I was planning on discussing the rest of the drive with the clan members as to the route to follow. There are a couple of options as to where to go. There are a couple of wineries in the area which I will research to see if they will be tasting.

Hopefully it will be an enjoyable day.

See you on Saturday and bring a mask just in case. Laird Michael the Bald
    Mike McLaughlin

'02 S2000

Bummer, will miss this one

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
    Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
    Speed Bleeder Products
    17" BBS RGR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus
    So many roads, so little time

Comment

Have fun guys, hope to see you sometime soon, if you get the chance lift one for me!
      (Things are still pretty wacky down here in Santa Clara)
      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Peggy and Tony will see you in Placerville. We're looking forward to it and regret that members are using Fathers Day as a reason for not joining us. This was discussed at the planning meeting and there were no objections raised then.

Comment

I miss you folks.

I'm still very concerned about potentially bringing an illness up to my friends. LA and nearby environs are seeing an increase in numbers of cases and hospitalizations (Memorial Day fall-out after the loosening of some restrictions and no doubt some as a result of the huge protests) and although I've done my best to limit my potential contact opportunities, I can't say it's been 100% without risk. There are some work-related duties which just can't be done via remote. And things take twice as long to do as I'm perpetually hand sanitizing, wiping surfaces, and sometimes wearing gloves (until they perfect a no-touch keyboard and mouse, my reality on a client site is full of points of risk). And there are still the visits to the grocery store... some of which are pretty stressful because of varying degrees of success of others in adhering to the best practices guidelines.

Things have changed so much since the planning meeting back in February. Oh what a fun and carefree party that was!

I operate in hope that the wine tour in September can happen and that the October Southwest Tour will happen too. But the reality is that even as I plan for these things, I know that it's completely dependent on the status of a highly contagious, potentially deadly virus for which we have no vaccine yet. So I'm making plans knowing that the plug on those plans may have to be pulled.

-Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
          -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
          -Randy Pausch

Comment

Ah for the innocent bygone days of yore...that was a truly great planning party. Who knew?
            I well understand your concerns Roseanne, the delayed onset of the disease is probably the worst of it's particularities. The shear uncertainty of every action coupled with knowledge that however careful you might be you may be harming those you care most about is horribly insidious.
            I envy those in the less populated areas, unlike my Santa Clara and your Los Angeles, and truly feel bad for those in your situation who have work that needs to be done, risk or not. Not that Anne and my stay at home isolation is paradise, but we can at least attempt to limit exposure as much as possible. And yes, those safaris to the wilds of Safeway are much less than ideal. But the return to the den with the day's kill, and the following feasts (after showering and sanitizing) are quite the parties.
            Avoid the young and stupid whenever possible and raise a glass to those on the front lines in this battle, the nurses and doctors who are risking their own lives day to day.
            Stay safe!
            2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

We are in - this will be great fun. Looks like we'll have a new driver.

I think fathers day took on new meaning this year. We've all been locked up and isolated. Zoom is great... but it is not the same as sitting across from someone in person.

really great drive. Love that road... Here are the foto's Lee captured... https://www.facebook.com/stephn.lewi...0153568&type=3
              Last edited by Stephnj; 06-21-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to Placerville drive
                sigpicNew Formula Red 2001 AKA Lola
                Custom Red Headrest Wind Blocker-Glove Box Organizer- Custom Shifter Cover-Custom Painted Calibers-Second Power Port-Custom Seat Pockets- Front Sway Bar-Science of Speed Stainless Steel Hood Dampers-Clear Side Markers-Zenetti 19 Wheels-Neuspeed Exhuast

Comment

Working...
                X