Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealerships to get some work done in Austin

Hey folks,

Had a real bad experience with First Texas Honda where the guy was simply not ready to help me at all. Made me come back 3 times and now is acting all weird about an extended warrany which is not a Honda one, but is still one that I bought at a Honda dealership. He is trying to make me pay them and collect from the warranty company directly!

Any suggestions on what might be a good place to get the work done here in Austin?

Thanks!

Originally posted by boxerx
    Hey folks,

Had a real bad experience with First Texas Honda where the guy was simply not ready to help me at all. Made me come back 3 times and now is acting all weird about an extended warrany which is not a Honda one, but is still one that I bought at a Honda dealership. He is trying to make me pay them and collect from the warranty company directly!

Any suggestions on what might be a good place to get the work done here in Austin?

Thanks!
    In a word, yikes. That really sucks.

I haven't had any experiences with Howdy, but I would recommend avoiding Classic, since I and other have had bad experiences with them.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Any one been To Howdy?

Is there a Sterling somewhere?

Thanks!

Comment

The only Sterling is an Acura dealership, and it's on the east side of 35 between Stassney and Ben White.
        "Be the change you want to see in the world."
        -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
        '02 S2000 NFR S/C
        '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
        Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

I've been to Howdy a couple times, and so far so good.. no complaints.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. But....

If you are ever out in the Murrieta / Temecula area here in So Cal I have found (THANK GOD) an independent Honda repair shop called Makestar Honda / Acura. It is owned by one of Hondas best Techs named Steve Sauls. Steve and his crew are the most direct and honest Techs I have ever met, on top of that he owns an original Honda S800 and is still pursued by Honda to return and work for them. Thankfully Steve wants to keep his shop as his own and he treats his clients like they are members of the family. I feel for you my friend and wish you all the best in finding a Tech who is as passionate about Hondas as Steve and Makestar.

Comment

Working...
            X