Texas/SouthCentral GTG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas/SouthCentral GTG

Putting the feelers out to see if anyone is interested in doing a Houston, Austin, DFW GTG for lunch on a Saturday afternoon in November or December. Was thinking that we find somewhere between the three metro areas. One of the cities that come to mind was Marquez -- it is about 150 miles from all three.

Maybe some of our East Texas friends can join us also.

The groups can plan driving routes to and from the middle point.
    Last edited by rick435; 10-22-2006, 07:19 PM.
    2006 LPB

Sounds like a good idea. December might be best.

Comment

Sounds like fun. Looks like 7 will take me straight in there.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Howdy! Howdy! I'm interested.
        Thanks,
        Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Rick, there is the Hill country drive in the first week of November:
          http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11075

Comment

I would absolutely love to do something like this, unfortunately, I am probably going to be slammed until after I am married in Dec (maybe some after then for house buying, nothing like a few armed roberies in your complex to motivate you on that one).

However, it might fall on one of my rare off weekends. I will be crossing the fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by kraemer007
              Rick, there is the Hill country drive in the first week of November:
              http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11075
              There are some of us that cannot get away from the whole weekend for a trip to the other side of San Antonio.

Was looking for something closer to home and a day trip.
              2006 LPB

Comment

Yes, definitely want to do this!!

Comment

I'm in if it's Nov 18 or 19 or Dec 16 or 17 the other weekends I am busy.

I was going to plan this for next year, but you beat me to it.
                  Coop
                  Life Member 57
                  Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                  It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                  Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Coop

Coop - In talking to Rick at lunch today he thought a simple one day lunch meet at a central location to each chapter would be a good start on the all Texas chapters thing and then maybe consider something longer with a Saturday night stay for sometime in the Spring. What do you think?
                    Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                    '07 VW Touareg V6
                    '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Waco, anyone? :LOL:
                      "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                      '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                      '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                      Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Sorry to beat you to the punch.
                        Originally posted by photodavo
                        Coop - In talking to Rick at lunch today he thought a simple one day lunch meet at a central location to each chapter would be a good start on the all Texas chapters thing and then maybe consider something longer with a Saturday night stay for sometime in the Spring. What do you think?
                        Talked with Dave on a couple occasions about this over the past couple months.

Was thinking that maybe we look at this type of gathering a few times a year -- even quarterly if there is interest in it.

what is everyone elses thoughts on this?
                        2006 LPB

Comment

I would definitely like to do more SC regional events! I need to get with Davo and Coop and see what else we can do....Alex and I have been throwing around some ideas for things to do, Coop also has some good ones he has posted.

Thanks Rick for getting this going!

Comment

I like the idea in theory, but the biggest problem is that the roads out to Marquez (or most other places betw. Austin/DFW/Houston) are pretty boring at best.

How about having a regional meet in conjunction w/ an HPDE @ TWS Sat. afternoon/early evening? Non-participants can arrive early if they want to watch the action, and then have a big group dinner Sat. night?

It would prob. encourage more people to make it out to future HPDE's as well.
                            Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                            '08 Ridgeline RTL
                            '02 Z06

Comment

Originally posted by photodavo

Got that, those are just the days I am free for the weekends in Nov or Dec "or"
                              Coop
                              Life Member 57
                              Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S
                                I like the idea in theory, but the biggest problem is that the roads out to Marquez (or most other places betw. Austin/DFW/Houston) are pretty boring at best.

How about having a regional meet in conjunction w/ an HPDE @ TWS Sat. afternoon/early evening? Non-participants can arrive early if they want to watch the action, and then have a big group dinner Sat. night?

Chris, that could work, if people wanted to come down just before lunch (11:30) and then they could do parade laps and I might get Rick to let us do a group pic at the start/finish line. I might also be able to get some rides and then we can all go out to dinner.
                                Coop
                                Life Member 57

Comment

the town of Groesbeck is about 130 miles from Austin & Houston and 115 from Arlington. Now the route that people may take will add miles to this, but what do you think?
                                  Coop
                                  Life Member 57

Comment

I just made the Lone Star drive one way 150 miles
                                    Coop
                                    Life Member 57

Comment

the town of Groesbeck is about 130 miles from Austin & Houston and 115 from Arlington. Now the route that people may take will add miles to this, but what do you think?
                                      Sounds like an opportunity to get everyone together in one place.

Most of the DFW Roadsters lives North of Dallas. A straight shot is about 115 miles, but we can make a trip out of it by heading east of I-45.
                                      2006 LPB

Comment

Originally posted by Chris S

Dinner kind of blows the whole idea of a day drive. I'm for a lunch gathering someplace too. The roads don't have to be exciting as long as the company is!
                                        "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                                        -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                                        '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                                        '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                                        Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Working...
                                        X