Hill Country Drive Fall 06 pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Country Drive Fall 06 pics

Our pics aren't the best you'll end up seeing and most of them were taken at the exotic animal ranch. I befriended the caretaker and the owner at the exotic animal ranch a few years ago, so when he sees me out there, he lets us come and in pet the animals. The animal selection at the ranch has dwindled in the last few years, but some of the residents there include a giraffe (used to be two, the female died and they are looking for another), axis deer, okapi, kangaroos, zebras, lemurs, kudamundi, peacocks, and more. Here are our pics!

Stonehenge II:

The telltale sign of people who were *really* driving over the weekend: dirt!:

Me showing everyone how friendly the giraffe is and not to be afraid of him:

Stanford gets friendly with the giraffe:

Ivan and I visit with the kudamundi:

Closeup of the kudamundi:

The lemurs can usually be found draped over a tree limb or sprawled out on the porch swing (they are allowed to roam freely). I guess they were cold, because Sunday, they were all huddled up together. There are at least 15 of them up there, but they are all huddled up so close that you can't see them all!

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Cool pictures Sondra. Where's your friend's animal ranch at? My wife and I might be interested in going one day.
    Thanks,
    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

It's on 335, but it's not a public thing. It's a privately owned ranch, so they don't usually just let people in. Let us know when you'll be out that way and we'll try to go out there too.
      -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
      '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k
        It's on 335, but it's not a public thing. It's a privately owned ranch, so they don't usually just let people in. Let us know when you'll be out that way and we'll try to go out there too.
        That will work. I'll be sure and give you plenty of notice. Thanks Sondra.
        Thanks,
        Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Originally posted by joe_s2k
          That will work. I'll be sure and give you plenty of notice. Thanks Sondra.
          No prob! Looking forward to it!
          -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
          '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

Come on, I know someone else must have photos...
            -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
            '02 S2000 NFR S/C

Comment

more pics more pics

Comment

My camera is screwed up, so all I could contribute would be one fuzzy purple image of nothing in particular.
                "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

nice pics sondra.

Comment

I've got a camera full of pictures. I don't think I'll have much time to edit them until this weekend. Tune it again then.

Comment

Originally posted by SondraS2k
                      Come on, I know someone else must have photos...
                      I'm waitin for Mark to send me some pics to edit....

Comment

I will try to get my pics up as soon as I can. School is working me pretty hard right now. I have 3 tests, a paper, and a presentation all coming up, all while working 2 jobs. Im so ready to graduate!!!

Comment

only 3 tests, a paper and presentation? What are you complaining about, man, you got it easy...LOL.

Just kidding...get to the pics when you can, no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by yzer
                            Im so ready to graduate!!!
                            I'll remind you of this statement in a few years without a summer of vacation.
                            Thanks,
                            Joe

Comment

I like your pics...someone needs to post MORE!

Comment

Here some pics Valerie snapped...

In case you were not aware, hunting season opened the same weekend of our Fall Colors drive. Well, I think some people took this a little too seriously!

Hunting Season!!!

Of course we did have to stop by Stonehenge II and see the sites.

But some people just could not keep their hands to themselves...Here is Chris and Alice, grabbing some Man Boobs!

Not to be outdone, Valerie and Alice Picking some nose!

And now for the cute couples category...

OK, there were some scenic shots too...

Last edited by Java; 11-10-2006, 01:17 AM.

Comment

More to come once we get the rest of the pics uploaded.

Comment

More Pics

Comment

Hey Jay - I'm guessing there are a lot of people saying to themselves right now....That's in Texas, damn?
                                      Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                                      '07 VW Touareg V6
                                      '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Howdy! Here are the pictures I took at the Fall Colors get together. I admit they are slightly skewed toward one black S that I am rather fond of, but I did manage to get some other pictures as well. Thank you to everyone who helped to make this weekend happen!! We had a great time, and really look forward to doing it all again soon!

Click on the link below, or copy and paste it into your web browser.

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/fv2EJ5rJ

Comment

Working...
                                        X