Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texans, join us for some stargazing in the Hill Country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans, join us for some stargazing in the Hill Country!

We're planning an overnight trip into the Hill Country to scenic Burnet, the supposed darkest place in the state and a place so good for seeing stars that the Austin Astrological Society has an observatory there! We're hoping to couple this with a trip on the Vanishing Texas River Cruise (www.vtrc.com) as well, but that's TBD. See the thread here, and join us!! http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13024

EDIT/UPDATE

I'm really sorry to anyone who had planned to come, but I'm going to have to postpone this event. Aside from only 2 people actually committing to it, I've had some things happen that preclude my feeling comfortable doing something like this right now. I think it will be best for everyone if I postpone this until a later date, possibly when it's warmer out and I can get a little more interest.

I called Canyon of the Eagles and arranged for anyone who had made reservations to get your deposits back on your reservations. Just call them at 800-977-0081 and ask for Anna. She said she would do this for us.

Thanks and I'm sorry for the late notice!

Sondra
    Last edited by SondraS2k; 02-14-2007, 11:45 AM. Reason: event cancelled
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
    '02 S2000 NFR S/C
    '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
    Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Burnet bad

Comment

There's got to be a story behind those pics - let's hear it!
      Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
      '08 Ridgeline RTL
      '02 Z06

Comment

here is a small vid from the event other vids are hiding till after a cort date but imagine 30 or so gto's rolling threw burnet and surrounding areas well all it takes is 1 game warden to get a hot head to cause 2 hrs of sitting and a bunch of tickets (witch were later droped but 1) ill go ito a better story later http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88&q=hgh&hl=en

Comment

bump
          "Be the change you want to see in the world."
          -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
          '02 S2000 NFR S/C
          '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
          Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Working...
          X