Possible SouthCentral Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible SouthCentral Event

Just kicking around the idea, but who would be interested in the Texas, OK, LA, and surrounding areas of teh SC region with a Late summer lake event on Lake Travis... Getting a party boat, BYOB and food, or even chapter provide.??? Trying to see if there is some interest to put some effort in finding out the cost.

Looking to target the cost to be $20-$30 a person....cost is $500 for 4 hours or $920 for 8 hours. Boat holds 50 people. With BBQ pit, water slide, tables and chairs.

http://www.jff.net/austin/new_barge.htm

Who's interested????

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Wahahahaha, that partyboat is named "Club Fred". There's just something absurd about that name that cracks me up

BTW, awesome idea! I'd love to go, but unfortunately, I won't be around then

Comment

BTW, Devil's Cove which is on Lake Travis was voted as the 2nd wildest Party on Art Mann's " The Top Ten Wildest Parties" on HDnet

http://www.hd.net/transcript.html?air_master_id=A4104

Here is also more reading on Devil's Cove

http://www.austinlakes.com/pictureshtml/devilscove.htm

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuis View Post
        Wahahahaha, that partyboat is named "Club Fred". There's just something absurd about that name that cracks me up

BTW, awesome idea! I'd love to go, but unfortunately, I won't be around then
        Fly back for the party....

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by asnbanker View Post
          Fly back for the party....
          I'd love to. You paying my flight?
          If I actually flew back for every event that people have told me to fly back for during this last month, I'd have to sell my S

Comment

I'm going to have to go with a definitive "yes" on this particular idea!

Comment

I don't know if I can make the drive. It's kind of far for me.
              Yeah. I'm there
              "Be the change you want to see in the world."
              -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
              '02 S2000 NFR S/C
              '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
              Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

for me it is always can I get the time off work
                Coop
                Life Member 57
                Friends do things for friends because they matter, thanks Sean, Jeff, David & Curt. Camping time
                It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
                Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Lets assign a number to that "late summer" first. After Chinese New Year every month has a summer in it :P
                  If around, I'm in

Comment

Late summer would be sometime in mid Aug when the summer heat has died down a bit. Looking to do a weekend thing maybe Aug. 24-26. Drive in Friday evening, gather Sat morning about 10 am and finish around mid late afternoon about 3-4 PM. If we have enough interest, we can see which weekend works the best for everyone.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

August is the peek of summer heat!

Comment

Alex, put me down and probably Teresa, depending when it is exactly.

EDIT:
                        Unless it's the weekend of the Hotter 'n Hell........

"Give me an open road, without a cloud in the sky, and a group of friends where the only sound you hear is the sound of tires rolling across the pavement."

2005 Sebring Silver - now famous (retired)
                        2006 Laguna Blue Pearl - "blue vader" (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by karno View Post
                          August is the peek of summer heat!
                          It sure is - August is the worst month of the year IMO, but being on the water around lots of beer and nice "scenery" would make it more bearable.

Some friends of mine have a houseboat, and I've spent many days and nights in Devil's Cove. It's always a great time!

I'm pretty sure Alice and I will be down, schedule permitting.
                          Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                          '08 Ridgeline RTL
                          '02 Z06

Comment

Beginning of August is usually hot as hell....gets cooler towards the end of the month. We might look at early Sep, but that will be closer to S2K Days...

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

How about Labor day weekend? thinking about doing the boat ting on Sun of that weekend. that way most everyone is not working on Monday and can relax...Who's interest??? If we do decide on Labor Day weekend, then we would need to book quickly or the boats would be gone.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                for me it is always can I get the time off work
                                Me too. (except change "work" to "volunteering")
                                Thanks,
                                Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Generally interested, but don't know what my travel plans are going to be like later in the year... If I am around, I'll be there.
                                  "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                                  Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by asnbanker View Post
                                    How about Labor day weekend? thinking about doing the boat ting on Sun of that weekend. that way most everyone is not working on Monday and can relax...Who's interest??? If we do decide on Labor Day weekend, then we would need to book quickly or the boats would be gone.
                                    Labor day sounds great! Count me in.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                                    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                                    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

plan is for labor day... would that work better for more people?

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                                        '07 VW Touareg V6
                                        '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Working...
                                        X