Somebody missing their VTEC badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody missing their VTEC badge?

Spotted driving into the DFW area. Unbelievable.

Glad I had my camera, although this abomination almost cracked my lens.

Comment

Thats hilarious and just plain wrong I wonder if he can explain how the VTEC on a Ford Mustang works for me?

Comment

You must have missed the press release:
        ==========================================

FORD INNOVATION TAKES NEW DIRECTION
        Contact(s):
        Hero-san
        Honda OEM Technology (HOT)
        011-81-3-438-3278

Dearborn, Michigan. April 1, 2006 - Ford Motor Company has a long history of necessarily turning to OEM technology when the company’s own engineering and research labs have been effected by the latest reorganization. Past examples of this include Manly for H-beam connecting rods, Recaro seating, Brembo braking, and more. By partnering in the aftermarket instead of innovating at home, the net result has been better products all around.
        Today, Ford announces a new partner: Honda OEM Technology (HOT). HOT will supply Ford with i-VTEC (Intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) technology for use on selected Ford engines beginning in the 2008 model year.
        “Ford performance vehicles, particularly SVT products, have historically sucked. The addition of i-VTEC to legacy Ford engines is the single best strategy for Ford to pursue. I am also pleased to announce today that we are in early negotiation with Ford for suspension technology as well”. – Gan-san, HOT Consultant
        The idea to partner with HOT was the brainchild of Bill Ford, chairman and CEO, Ford Motor Company. “I like the idea of revving higher and higher”, said Bill, “Normally my ideas run out of oxygen but now we can go to new heights and stay high longer.”
        Ford turned to Honda OEM Technology as part of its comprehensive reorganization plan, known as Way Forward, to revitalize the appeal of its North American products.
        Ford Product Planners conducted extensive market research and found to its surprise that the demographic it had been building products for – known in the planning department as “straight-liners” – does in fact represent less than .0001 of the marketplace and that the vast majority of the remaining market prefers vehicles that are fun and dynamic over a wide range of driving conditions. Thus the benefits of the partnership with HOT will revitalize Ford products for mainstream buyers. An added bonus to consumers is the extensive engineering testing that HOT technology is subjected to, leading to extraordinary quality and longevity.
        Ford engineers have been testing the new-to-Ford technology for the past 2 years on public roads. One particularly popular car with young Ford engineers is a test mule built from the concept car formerly known as the “BOSS 604”, now painted a stealthy green. The car is popular with Ford’s young engineers and is usually the first car requested for weekend use. Except for the none-too-stealthy badge on the rear trunk lid, the public would be hard pressed to identify this as a manufacturing test vehicle.
        “We’ll never appease the pushrod snobs” – Hau Thai-Tang, former head of SVT and currently Broom Technician Grade 3 at the Ford Atlanta Assembly Plant.
        In fact, that car is a test bed for Ford’s first product built with HOT – a 5 liter double-overhead cam (DOHC) V-8 engine producing 500 horsepower @ 8000 RPM (100hp/liter) under the rigorous Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) test procedure J2723. Furthermore, the engine meets tough Tier II and ULEV emissions standards. The engine will debut in 2008. Future evolution – particularly in the existing Ford legacy parts – is expected to yield as much as 120HP/liter.
        “The development costs associated with adapting HOT technology to legacy Ford engines is the reason we had to cancel our product plans for all but one special-edition Mustang. We needed so many funds to re-engineer that car and get it right for 2009 that I ended up cancelling myself as well” - Phil Martens, former group vice president, Product Creation, North America, Ford Motor Company.

PRESS MATERIALS
        Charts explaining how i-VTEC technology contributes to emissions and drivability.

Ford Engineering Technician performing fuel economy calibration in Prototype #1 near Allen Park, MI

Comment

Actually, I did indeed spot the car on I-35 just south of Dallas... heading north into Dallas. I was lucky I had my camera.

So I wrote a fake press release for April Fools Day and posted it on my site, as well as on some Ford boards. And some of the Ford folks actually believed it. Some were "not amused" - it apparently hit too close to home or else their little brains were scared of what the don't understand.

I did get a death threat posting from some kid in San Antonio. I don't know if it was a fake or if he was the owner of the car. Or maybe it was one of the dummies who believed the press release.
          Last edited by jwfisher; 06-15-2007, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I would laugh at him....then offer him a demonstration of what vtec can do. Then I would take a trip to san antonio and find that kid....

Comment

There is a 300ZX here with the FULL FNF body kit and stickers on it that has VTEC on it's side skirt.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

At least they got the country right that time...

Comment

Wow. People just blow me away...

Great job on the press release. That's some funny shiite!
                  "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                  -Mahatma Gandhi

'14 Audi S4
                  '02 S2000 NFR S/C
                  '79 Vespa Primavera ET3 with cylinder kit to a whopping 135 ccs!
                  Interviewing candidates for vehicle #4...

Comment

Originally posted by jwfisher View Post

Only in his dreams!!

David...
                    David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                    '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                    '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                    '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                    '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                    '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                    '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

damn he stole my vtec badge from my xb
                      jk

Comment

Great Parody on the V-Tech Ford. But the worry beads or is it a rosery hanging from the mirror give the dude away.

Actually those of us who live in the Detroit area also know Bill Ford as owner of the Detroit Lions Football team who have not won an NFL title in 50 years. So ineptness runs rampant in the Fords these days both in the cars they produce and the Pro football team they field.

It's funny because each time the Ford's hire a new coach, or draft a new player we get the same type of newspaper write up as to how they are going to turn the team around and Superbowl here we come.

Comment

Same thing with Billy's team as with his company!

Comment

Originally posted by lexusboi View Post
                            damn he stole my vtec badge from my xb
                            jk
                            Damn, Scion must have licensed VTEC too!

Comment

Working...
                            X