S2000 is an awesome drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2000 is an awesome drift car

I was out for a drive last night and went by one of the local hangouts. Someone yelled out so I drove back around to see if they were yelling at me (they were). So, I parked the car and got out to chat for a bit.

Anyways, a bunch of people came over to check out the car. One very enthusiastic individual said, "Man, I love the S2000. It's an awesome drift car because it has so much torque."

I bit my tongue and just kind of nodded my head.

There you have it, folks. The S2000 has a lot of torque and is an awesome drift car. That's why there are so many of them in the drift competitions.

LOL I guess Steve Papadakis doesnt know what hes talking about *rolls eyes*

Comment

Some told me too that the S2000 was a good drift car. It happened when I was taking an airport shuttle. The driver of the shuttle noticed my car and told me that he was into drifting. He said that the S2000 was a very good drift car. I don't know anything about drifting, so I wasn't able to discuss it.

Comment

It's not that the S2000 can't be made into a drift car, it's that (stock) it isn't much of a drift car.

You can drift it, you just won't get a ton of smoke from the tires. Additionally, the car is a little more tail happy than many of the drift cars used today (except maybe an AE86), which requires more driver skill to control. Cars with more torque throughout the rev range are better drift cars because you can keep the tires spinning throughout a greater portion of the rev range. The power is more tractable, in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorlon View Post
          LOL I guess Steve Papadakis doesnt know what hes talking about *rolls eyes*
          Steve's car is a great drift car now since they installed a Lovefab turbo kit.

Plenty of torque to drift with now.

Comment

Yeah, turbo would solve a lot of the issue. Setting up a proper alignment is the other huge side of it, plus a properly set up suspension.

The thing I found funniest was the "S2000s have so much torque" comment. It makes good torque for the engine size but comparatively (to 6- and 8-cylinder cars), it's just a little bit down on grunt.

Comment

Maybe it's because of that commercial Honda had a few years ago?

Comment

honda = no torque

Comment

Originally posted by txicecream View Post
                  honda = no torque

No Kidding....

Comment

drift car....not so much. grip racing...absolutely!

Comment

You really only need longer steering arms to make the S2000 a decent drift car (more steering angle, since Big speed is needed for S2K drifting.)

Comment

Originally posted by geists2k View Post
                        Steve's car is a great drift car now since they installed a Lovefab turbo kit.

Plenty of torque to drift with now.
                        Or you could just weld the diff

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                          I was out for a drive last night and went by one of the local hangouts. Someone yelled out so I drove back around to see if they were yelling at me (they were). So, I parked the car and got out to chat for a bit.

Anyways, a bunch of people came over to check out the car. One very enthusiastic individual said, "Man, I love the S2000. It's an awesome drift car because it has so much torque."

I bit my tongue and just kind of nodded my head.

There you have it, folks. The S2000 has a lot of torque and is an awesome drift car. That's why there are so many of them in the drift competitions.
                          When trailering the blue S to NOPI in Atlanta, everytime I stopped at a gas station and there were kids, they pleaded, requested, even wanted to pay me to get the car off the trailer and drift in the lot.

Comment

this is funny since its a pretty hard car to drift well considering the weight ratio. but im going to be attempting to make mine a fairly good drift car. im in the nova area...anyone trying to drift with me?

Comment

Working...
                            X